Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting to read about people's home made recipes for skincare,so I thought I would contribute to the dicussion and give my own.I'm not saying it's any better than others but it worked for me.Mine is not actually home made-more a combination of a natural product and a commmercial one. In the morning I slap on a lot of Aloe Vera gel to moisturise,sooth,and repair damaged skin cells,and when that has soaked in,I put a good covering of Renova Retin-A to 'plump up' the skin and make it less shrivelled. Aloe Vera I take straight from the plant by scraping out the leaf-I believe its more potent if It's fresh from the live plant.Renova Retin-a I get cheap and fresh from westcoastdrugs.com

·
Registered
713 Posts
Aren't Renova and Retin A two different products or do you mean you use the two together.

Thank you

·
Registered
32 Posts
Funny that someone bumped this up. Well I like the use of Aloe Vera, it works wonders for me. When I use it I see my teen face staring back at me in the mirror. So this might actually work. Maybe someone will enlighten us on why this is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Try natural ingredients that help restore blood flow to your effected areas first, then you will see a great chance of your skin restoring. Good luck

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for sharing...but I have a question...I though that we can put mosturiser after putting retin A...can we put retin a on mosturiser?

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
hi pearl, you can apply moisturizer, an hour before applying retin-a if u want to buffer it, but u can also apply moisturizer an hour later if u dont want flakes, redness, or irritation.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
hi pearl, you can apply moisturizer, an hour before applying retin-a if u want to buffer it, but u can also apply moisturizer an hour later if u dont want flakes, redness, or irritation.
What I'm doing now- and it's working - is putting the RA in the palm of my hand and a tad of moisturizer (both pea sized), mix them and apply that to my face. I still get flakiness in areas; mostly where I've done my spot peels (crow's feet and the area out from the sides of my mouth), but I get some flakies on my chin also. I can deal with it. I just let it "flake", exfoliate and wait a couple of days before I use it again. I just cannot get the pea size all over my face to begin with. I've dabbed tiny bits all over my face - just the RA - but it absorbs so quickly that parts of my face don't get coverage. Mixing the 2 I've found works great. I get the flaking, but no other irritation. Not a lot of redness, if any. Just some good cell turnover! I *guess* this is okay!! I've noticed the lines by my mouth have improved incredibly over just the past 3 weeks.

·
Registered
224 Posts
What I'm doing now- and it's working - is putting the RA in the palm of my hand and a tad of moisturizer (both pea sized), mix them and apply that to my face. I still get flakiness in areas; mostly where I've done my spot peels (crow's feet and the area out from the sides of my mouth), but I get some flakies on my chin also. I can deal with it. I just let it "flake", exfoliate and wait a couple of days before I use it again. I just cannot get the pea size all over my face to begin with. I've dabbed tiny bits all over my face - just the RA - but it absorbs so quickly that parts of my face don't get coverage. Mixing the 2 I've found works great. I get the flaking, but no other irritation. Not a lot of redness, if any. Just some good cell turnover! I *guess* this is okay!! I've noticed the lines by my mouth have improved incredibly over just the past 3 weeks.
Sandi, you look great! so keep doing what your doing!!

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
ditto Ashes! it seems to be working, LNL is that okay as i think when i come to doing my retin-a routine ill have to do the same.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Funny that someone bumped this up. Well I like the use of Aloe Vera, it works wonders for me. When I use it I see my teen face staring back at me in the mirror. So this might actually work. Maybe someone will enlighten us on why this is.
Oh Aloe Vera is unique in so many ways,u can use its juice for so many home remedies ,i use to hate it when i was a kid,because of its bitter test,but now i kind of like it..When i have a cold for example,and my nose completly closed and i cant breath properly, i use Aloe Vera as a nasal drops,and it never,never dries up inside tissues..(unlike pharmaceutical nasal drops)..that is only one example of a use of this magnificent plant..Try to grow it at home..it is easy,it doesnt demand any special care..But using retin-a in the morning?????No comments..

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Ashes, is that you in your avatar pic? Gorgeous! I have a sister and two grown nephews in Alpharetta, GA. I haven't been there in so long! I'm a Southern girl. Are you from there?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Keep trying natural healthy products. They are out their and have great results. Take a look at what I found. It took just one bottle of a facial cream/wash and a specil skin cream. Now thats a major change.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts