Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just thought I would share my own personal experience with Vitamin E. I have read some peoples thoughts on using Vitamin E for pimples scarring etc. Some people are for it others against it, and that is fine. But here is my story on how it helped heal my young daughters face. When my daughter (who is now 18 ) was 4yrs old, she was involved in a very bad car accident. I was at work and got a phone call that my husband and daughter were involved in a car accident and I should meet them right away at the hospital. I was told my daughter suffered a bump on her head. (They told me this because they knew I was driving alone to the hospital)

When I got to the hospital, my husband was sitting in the waiting room with the police, he had suffered some minor cuts and bruising to his face. But I knew he was OK. I did not even bother to go speak to him, I by- passed the waiting area looking for my daughter. I was then approached by the medical staff, who asked If i was the mother of the daughter involved in the accident, I said yes and they proceeded to take me to her.

On the way to see her I of course asked how her bump was, was she taking to CT etc. (I am thinking that they took her to the ER as a precaution, because that is what I was told) She then told me, "She looks pretty bad" her face was badly burned.....I almost passed out, when I saw my beautiful little girl laying on the stretcher, her shirt cut off, and her face severely burned, as well as her eye, which was also swollen shut. I literally almost fainted . As it turned out she was burnt by the powder (which is similar to gun powder) that exploded when the air bag went off. We had never let her ride in the front, but my husband did that day.

To get to the point, the Dr.s told me she would probably suffer some scarring from the burns, they could not be certain, but it would be likely due to the extent of the burns. There was a women in the room with us, who overheard the Drs tell me this, she came over to me and said, you must put Vitamin E on the burn, it will help the healing and scarring. I asked the Drs if that would be ok, they didn't think it would help, but also wouldnt hurt either.

When we got home, I put that Vitamin E on her face faithfully, it was so painful for her, I felt so bad. But I have to tell you, the Dr.s were so impressed with how quickly she was healing. We did this everday for weeks, and I cannot tell you how nicely it healed. She was left with absolutely no scarring. After 2 months there was no trace of any scarring. I have pictures of her, and looking at how bad she was burned I found it hard to picture her ever looking the same.

I am not saying this will work all the time for everyone, but It was like a miracle ointment for me and my little girl. I just thought I would share..forgive me for such a long post

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I'm so glad for you that your daughter healed -- thanks to your care.

I've heard similar stories from others, I'm happy it worked for your daughter.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a note to my previous post...thankfully this did not involve her whole face, it was 3/4 of her left side (cheek eye area)

Yes me too Mari.......

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Oh, Mom!

Thanks for sharing your story! And glad it turned out fine for everyone. What a scare though I know! I was burned by the powder from a deployed airbag myself (the dang thing nearly broke my nose!) but I'm an adult and pretty tough so no worries.

I hope your story might help someone else.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
515 Posts
Wow what a story, am so happy things turned out for you and your daughter, this story I will always remember when I hear Vitamin E.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would of loved to be able to post her before and after pics, the pics would of spoke for themselves......

·
Registered
16 Posts
That is amazing to hear.. May god bless that lady for enlightening you with that information so that your daughter can live a ridicule free life

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a similar story. My newphew jumped into what he thought was a pile of cold ashes. In reality it was ashes on top of hot burning leaves. He had second and third degree burns. His doctors also thought that using vit e would not help and that he would have scarred tissue. We applied Vit e and to everyone's amazement he had no scares. We like the Vitamin E ointment from E Burnham Company. We use it for burns, acne, hemorrhoids and scars. It is a great product. Check out their website for this product. It is not sold in stores.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is the same response I got from the Dr's. But we felt it was worth a try and I am so glad we did....I am glad you had the same success with your nephew.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts