Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everybody,

ok, so here is my review on Floris Duo & Grace, for those who are interested.

First of all I will tell u guys why i started using it in the first place?

* cus I can't lay my hand on peels like u overseas use. (not available in my country, don't have time to search for them when i travel abroad & can't buy through internet)

Now, for all of u to know >> these two products are just 10% GA (glycolic acid). At least this is what written on the box.

So, if u have a GA, u already have a Floris Duo or Grace.

*How i used it? and for what?

I mixed the two bottles together in one container (glass container) and shacked. Used it on my stubborn areas i.e. feet & hands but mostly feet.

*What was the outcome?

The first time: I peeled in sheets because i used it EVERYDAY which was totally wrong, thinking that my skin was not sensitive. The outcome: at first the peeling revealed amazingly lighter & softer skin. But then after couple of days, the peeling skin stopped peeling & I was in a situation where half my foot has peeled & became way lighter than the other, so I decided to do a steam sauna and I was wrong for the second time. Because when i did that natural steam bath I was scrubbed by a lady and that was a big mistake cus the skin was too raw for all of this. I end up with PIH but not ver extensive because i saved my skin. I only have PIH now on my left foot's toes.

Lets go straight to the last time I've used it, which is from the last 2 weeks until before the end of last week: I got more mature & used it like 2 times a week and i peeled & still peeling without any visible new PIH.

But here is the PROBLEM with Floris Duo or Grace:

Their peeling is so weird, they peel the palms more than the skin itself & then when it peels off it starts between the fingers & don't even reach the real skin unless after a crazy effort of moistrizing & caring. Plus they've never peeled me fully, they always stop & leave a patch of skin that is a shade away from the rest of my hand or feet.

Bottom line:

I am not saying that these products are bad or anything. on the contrary they are very useful at least for people like me who can't find other peels,

BUT

If I were you, living overseas or being able to purchase online; I would never buy any of these two. Instead, I would just buy a regular GA peel and adjust the strength according to my body parts & their sensitivity,

·
Registered
258 Posts
hello everybody,

ok, so here is my review on Floris Duo & Grace, for those who are interested.

First of all I will tell u guys why i started using it in the first place?

* cus I can't lay my hand on peels like u overseas use. (not available in my country, don't have time to search for them when i travel abroad & can't buy through internet)

Now, for all of u to know >> these two products are just 10% GA (glycolic acid). At least this is what written on the box.

So, if u have a GA, u already have a Floris Duo or Grace.

*How i used it? and for what?

I mixed the two bottles together in one container (glass container) and shacked. Used it on my stubborn areas i.e. feet & hands but mostly feet.

*What was the outcome?

The first time: I peeled in sheets because i used it EVERYDAY which was totally wrong, thinking that my skin was not sensitive. The outcome: at first the peeling revealed amazingly lighter & softer skin. But then after couple of days, the peeling skin stopped peeling & I was in a situation where half my foot has peeled & became way lighter than the other, so I decided to do a steam sauna and I was wrong for the second time. Because when i did that natural steam bath I was scrubbed by a lady and that was a big mistake cus the skin was too raw for all of this. I end up with PIH but not ver extensive because i saved my skin. I only have PIH now on my left foot's toes.

Lets go straight to the last time I've used it, which is from the last 2 weeks until before the end of last week: I got more mature & used it like 2 times a week and i peeled & still peeling without any visible new PIH.

But here is the PROBLEM with Floris Duo or Grace:

Their peeling is so weird, they peel the palms more than the skin itself & then when it peels off it starts between the fingers & don't even reach the real skin unless after a crazy effort of moistrizing & caring. Plus they've never peeled me fully, they always stop & leave a patch of skin that is a shade away from the rest of my hand or feet.

Bottom line:

I am not saying that these products are bad or anything. on the contrary they are very useful at least for people like me who can't find other peels,

BUT

If I were you, living overseas or being able to purchase online; I would never buy any of these two. Instead, I would just buy a regular GA peel and adjust the strength according to my body parts & their sensitivity,
Thank you for sharing

·
Registered
334 Posts
good review im on my fifth day of floris duo, i used the 2 container seprately( lotion first the serum) but i finished it all now results: peeling on my knees (in sheets) and the feet and knuckles are very wrinkly which a sign the will peel eventualy later in the week i though i will include the legs but now i ran out and no peeling there so overall im very happy with floris duo, coz for it to peel my knees it must be very good i will some more to do once more but i agree its too expensive so i asked my cousin back home to search for it everyone's skin is different though

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@justdreams yes it is good (am not saying the reverse) but u will see for your self when your toes or fingers start to peel. it takes ages & sometimes might just not complete the peeling even if u moistrized like crazy. but good luck hon

·
Registered
420 Posts
Lol im going to buy the chemical and peel myself. Well just for knees and elbows. Ive sorted my knuckles and toes

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I may have found the best method for my lightening journey. I hope it works. will update as soon as i get strong results :)

*fingers crossed*

·
Registered
965 Posts
Yeah. Im a lazy bleacher. I focus on one area once sorted mainatin and move to the other. I dont do all at once. So im going to apply the same methods and I better see results.
Cococ pls any tips or product to help wit dark knuckles pllssssssss

·
Registered
793 Posts
Thnx for this scorpion! One other thing I noticed,their results doesn't last,I don't know if that's just my skin or my ignorance then (did it b4 joining sct). Thou it was a great peel, the area I peeled redarkened and I had pih which am still trying to lighten.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello, I am a newbie and also new to skinlightening. My knuckles are fairly dark and not that noticeable and I just ordered myself a pack of Flori's Duo which was delivered today. After reading this thread, I am scared of using it. Any1 interested in buying can PM me. I'm in the UK.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hello, I am a newbie and also new to skinlightening. My knuckles are fairly dark and not that noticeable and I just ordered myself a pack of Flori's Duo which was delivered today. After reading this thread, I am scared of using it. Any1 interested in buying can PM me. I'm in the UK.
LOL..relax girl, y are u scared. Nobody is saying floris is not good. Its a great peel when used wisely, I didn't use mine wisely then,hence the resulted pih. I'll sure try it again soon at least now I know what am doing. Since u have it, why not try it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lol thanks. I just didn't want to create more probs for myself. Because some ppl say u even darken more than before after use and u will need to use it continuously. How many times a week do u suggest I use it? and how? The stuff isn't written in English,I'm stuck.

·
Registered
334 Posts
well im almost done peeling my knees, i soak them with shea butter twice a day and the skin feels very light and soft the key thing to remember is to moisturize just like with any other peel im ordering more from africa to do a second peel on my whole leg i love this floirs duo, the best peel i ever done

1 - 20 of 201 Posts