Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what I am getting from Skinactives. The goal is 2 things Vit-C serum and DMAE cream. I also plan on getting ( as costly as it is ) the Xtendlife lotion.

Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
30 gm \t\t
\tCanvas Base Cream
4 fl oz \t
\tDMAE Bitartrate
10 gm \t\t
\tFerulic Acid
5 gm \t\t
\tIdebenone
1.5 gm \t
\tQuercetin
5 gm \t\t
\tSea Kelp Bioferment
2 fl oz

Jojoba Oil I can pick up locally

I added the Quercetin and Idebenone but maybe this is overkill? Of course I don't know if these can be added to the base cream with the DMAE or if I need to do a separate cream. I'm not even sure I need the base cream. Maybe there is something at Walgreens I could use that would be okay.

Your help with this is so very appreciated. I have everything in my cart but have not placed the order yet.

I told you all I was gonna have a crap load of questions! Boy, so much to learn. It is rather fun though

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Peri, I have Vit E capsules will those not work? Yes, I plan on doing Kassys serum. Thanks gymrat, I figure I can make more of the DMAE if I put it together myself. There is a health food store close to me that has jojoba oil and I saw they did have Vit E oil too so if I need that instead of the capsules I can pick it up.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Yes you need the Vit E oil. Make sure it is pure Vit E and Jojoba with no added fillers. Read the label to be sure. You just want to make sure you are getting a good quality oil. It is worth the extra buck doing so.

You can also look at
Mountain Rose Herbs Carrier and Vegetable Oils

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do gymrat, thanks

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
How are the headaches? Should be cooling off nice in Vegas, it is pouring in CA-

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The doc gave me Toporol XL, I guess it is a beta blocker? It has helped but just tonight I am getting one and I took a Fiorinal capsule that he gave me also. It is the first one I have taken so we will see if it works. I was going to call this morning to see if he had gotten the results back but they had said it would take 3 days and we had a holiday yesterday so I imagine it will be closer to the end of the week. I will be calling his office though tomorrow. Thanks for asking

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No kidding, I have forehead wrinkles.