Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people. I have posted some info about my recent experience with Sculptra under the anti-ageing thread.

I am very upset at how this treatment has left me and want to share my unfortunate experience with others who need all the facts when considering this product.

I know many people have had positive results and that I may just be unlucky but people need to be informed that things can go wrong and it's very difficult to live with facial disfigurements - particularly if you sought out a treatment due to a degree of vanity!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Hi--I am going to read your post but I can relate--I have also posted on Copper-Peptides which left my skin saggy, crepe-paper like and much older than it was. I am in my 30's and until recently people would say I was in my 20's then, because I had a long standing tanning obsession, I decided to use CPs to fix my skin only to end up with severely aged skin 5 months after starting the CPs. I am now healing and trying to regain my skin!

I relate to what you say because I too say--I did this to look better because I am vain now I look worse. It is not a nice feeling, in fact makes you feel like you get punished for your vanity! The reality is that I think we NEED to warn each other of all these possible effects. I think the doctors and marketers of these treatments like to present the positive and neglect to tell us the possible downsides. Today, all too often, we jump on any product that promises a new approach to rejuvenation, any filler we want, etc without thinking that these things do have a downside and are not all tried and true!

I am very sorry to hear about your experience and luckily I am not one for fillers! I take my posion in the form of lotions and supplements. I am going to go read your story now. Hope you have experienced some improvement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts