Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Like i mentioned in my intro, I'm 24 and never looked after my skin and am now trying to make ammeds. I've included a pic of my face as it is now. I'm not really sure what to begin with, so I've just bought some face wash and mosturizer. I'll see how that goes, though I think I might need something a bit more dramatic.
Any advice you have would be appreciated.
Thanks

Attachment 507

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi Dave, sounds like you forgot one of the most important things--- SUNBLOCK!!!!!!!!!!! Rain or shine, those rays damage your skin IF you want healthy looking skin, and to keep that healthy look longer I suggest you invest in a good sun block!

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Looks like you could use some extractions to remove the darkened sebum clogs that blocks your pores. Cosmetician, beautician, skin therapist or whatever they are called can do this, and it's better you let them handle those.
A good moisturizer would help too, looks like your skin is a bit dry-ish/dehydrated. Drink more water, eat fruits and vegetables to help hydrate skin from within. Cut down on soft-drinks and all the other bad stuff, coffee, alcohol etc.
Also consider adding a gentle exfoliating scrub to remove the dead and dry skin cells, but thats kinda optional.
If you want to go radical, do a search for retinol on this forum. It really helps when used the right way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, thanks for the advice guys.
@mony
I wish I had the chance to use the sunblock but its rarely needed where I live (Ireland). But definititly I'll keep a bottle handy !

@rayoflight
Plenty of info there to digest ! I already drink lots of water and don't drink soft drinks or coffee but I sure could do with more fruit and veg. I guess my diet is something I've overlooked a bit.
As for the extractions, I thought I'd need something done by a professional or whatever, but it might take a while to build up the courage ! For now I'm gonna look into the scrub and retinol and maybe give those a go. Hopefully I'll be able to post back in a few months with some healthier looking skin

·
Registered
909 Posts
Dave, living in Ireland, you still definitely need a sunblock. I live in Edinburgh and I wear sunblock every day. It is not the heat of the sun which is damaging, but the uva and uvb rays and these occur even in Ireland.

·
Registered
7 Posts
SkiQueen is right Dave, sunscreen is your best friend, number one cause of damaged skin.
Definitely get into the habit of cleansing, toning, and moisturizing morning and evening.
Try to exfoliate AT LEAST once a week, to slough off the dead skins cell on the surface.
Exfoliating also gives you a brighter, and more awake complexion =]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi dave!

Here's a moisturiser that's worth investing- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Intensive Daily Moisturise. I love this stuff! Also there 8 hour cream is absolutely amazing too! Can be purchased from Debenhams or even online.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts