Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I was tested by a dermatologist because of a rash I have had for the last 3 months. Nobody could find out what I had. Finally this doctor said it was my skin care product. The stuff he gave me didn't work. Is there anything that might help.
I've tried Dermalogica, Aveda and others. I have heard of a product called OGI that I haven't tried.

Does anyone have any recommendations or know anything about OGI?

Thanks you guys

·
Registered
16 Posts
Do you mean Obagi? I know that it is a classic antiaging product. I would recommend trying whatever your dermatologist recommends. He probably knows best!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have used a product called Jojoba Oil that you might like. I love it because it's all natural- it comes directly from the Jojoba Plant and it works well because the oil is incredibly similar to our skins own natural oil, so it absorbs and works quickly. It also has several uses- you can rub it directly on your skin if you have severly dry skin like eczema. You can also pour it in your bath. It's sake to use on kids (I use it on my 2-year old daughters cheeks because they peal and are always red and the oil works on her in about 30min-1hour). You can also use it on dry, craked cuticles. You can put it in your hair for a hot oil treatment- this is great because it leaves my hair so soft, shinny and silky! I love it! But I would always check with your dermatoligist if you have one.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
avon did exactly the same to my skin, taken me ages to get over it, have you tried clinique i love there stuff now expensive but so worth it and i love elizabeth arden stuff too!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
i dont like any Perfumey skincare lines that are strong in scent, Avon, lancome, and Oil of olay, all there scent is too strong, and or stong in some ingredients that make my face feel itchy, I currently Use philosophy and this one does my complexion excellent, No breakouts, no strong scents, and no allergic itches to my face, I bought the Optional makeup skincare kit, Its great!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
It is because of the harsh ingredients in that skincare you where using! try something natural and gentle on your skin
!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
It is because of the harsh ingredients in that skincare you where using! try something natural and gentle on your skin
!
I agree with Katrina. Try using products which are mild and fragrance free. I've got sensitive skin and I try to use fragrance-free products as far as I can. natural skincare products should not cause any problem. Try googling and see what naturals skincare stuff u can find.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Whatever you use, be sure to read the labels and make sure they don't contain some some toxins. You can also check out a blog post on my blogs page here entitled "What's in your bathroom may kill you''.
I can only recommend an all natural product.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I heard from a doc to use a product called, BUTT PASTE for the face,neck,chest and hands. It is in the baby isle meant for diaper rash, less then $5, easy on the pocket. It has made my face soft and the lines are plumped up,filled in,I can see the difference. The main ingredient is zinc oxide which is a healer. It is in meds for burns, and if my face can be as soft as a babies behind, I'm all for it!!!! DO YOUR STUFF BUTT PASTE ! If you try it let me know how it worked for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts