Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am new to this forum and what a great forum this is so many helpful tips and ideas, i have suffered with dry irritable skin since I was young, I have tried so many different things, does anyone have any good suggestions?, I have very senisitive skin and quite often have reactions to various lotions and potions which as you can imagine is very frustrating
. I really am looking for something natural for my skin. I cant wait for some advise.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi Josey and welcome, I don't have sensitive skin except for my face, but my does, she uses al ot of the aveeno products have you tried them? Someone in an earlyier posting suggested Gold Bond as well. My self and my family including dear old Mom use Coconut oil. It's great and darn cheap too. There is no smell, all natural. A little dab goes a long way, it's great for itchy or dry skin. It's really good for the skin too. Ya might want to try it.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Hello josey you will get lots of help here, welcome to the group!

·
Registered
679 Posts
hello josey, like mony i was going to suggest aveeno products also. you can get them at most pharmacies or department stores. i use aveeno products myself. my daughter uses them since her second child was born. that was 10 years ago. it is a good brand and it helps calm dry itchy skin. good luch. and welcome to skin care talk.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You must switch to an organic skin care line. Most of the products on the market have chemical ingredients that dry out your skin and actually cause more harm. My life changed after I read the book "The Truth About Beauty" by Kat James. Everyone should read this book.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Josey,

Welcome to the forum.

Try the 'Simple' range available at simple.co.uk. The cleanser is gentle and perfect for sensitive skin. The toner clarifies and refreshes and contains chamomile to soothe and witch hazel to tone.

The entire range is devoid of perfume, colour and contains no unnecessary additives.

To moisturise your skin - try wheatgerm oil, Vitamin E oil or Bio Oil.

Don't forget your sun-cream in the day.

Warm regards,

redrose

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for all your advice, it is greatly appreciated, I have been trying various products on this post and they are a great help. I am also trying a brand new product that a friend of mine suggested so hopefully I may see some relief soon, heres hoping! xx

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Since you are in the UK, I would highly recommend you to try the Simple skincare line which is specifically developed for sensitive skin. All their products are mild and fragrance- free. Avoid any kind of alcohol based toners as they are very drying. Most importantly you need to wear a good sunblock everyday and use a good moisturiser suitable for dry skin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts