Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I couldn't wait to get home from work today to tell you all that my skin looked SOOOOO much better today. Maybe tomorrow it won't but I'm much more hopeful now

Well first of all I can DEFINITELY see something happening! Today my skin positively glowed! It had next to no flakes, and was more pink than red! And it looked smoother than it has for years! I have very tiny pitted acne scars and they are smooting out already I'm sure! This alone makes me want to stick with the RA.

MOST importantly of all!!!!! I CAN SEE SOME LIGHTENING!!! I am so so so happy about this. It is very subtle, but I can see it. After giving my skin a break from RA for about two days on the weekend, it felt back to normal and so since then I've been mixing the creams together every night, desperate for some lightening. Well other than the redness and the flakies, my skin is tolerating it.

So, my new routine is mix creams together every night and in the morning, HQ, then Emu Oil (very soothing and I'm sure helped with the redness today), then sunblock.

So far so good! Hopefully tomorrow will be as good as today

·
Registered
60 Posts
Im Happy for u

My skin gets red and dull from using this combination too...
just have to be patient...
my skin has improved lots since using this combination so i know it works..
we just have to stick with it for a bit... I know with Retin- a you need to
give it atleast 3 months... i mite try the emu oil thing... it mite help with
my problem too....

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Emu oil is great. Sometimes before a shower I slather it on thick and get in the shower wait about 5 minutes or longer if you can, then just use my fiber cloth and the flakies come off great.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Hi Karenannev, do you think it was the moisturizing that did it? I ask that because i have started washing with papaya (body only) letting it sit for 5 minutes and then wash it off and after the shower i do olive oils ead to toe before my creams... ive noticed faster improvements myself...

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Karenannev: WOOHOO! I'm so glad to hear you are getting results! They take time to see & that purging phase is a drag but then you'll be left with smooth baby skin. Goatlady's onto a good thing with that oil/hotshower/microfiber cloth idea. I get the same results with olive oil. They don't carry emu oil at the local health shoppes but they do have n emu oil soap people like. I've tried it but I still prefer the Likas.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
As Ondine said you can use any oil. I have several I use actually. Almond oil is another good one and next I will try macadamia nut oil.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ooooh I've heard that macadamia nut oil is great for oily/acne prone skin. Let me know how you like it, goatlady. I'm thinking of trying it to help with flakies.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im Happy for u

My skin gets red and dull from using this combination too...
just have to be patient...
my skin has improved lots since using this combination so i know it works..
we just have to stick with it for a bit... I know with Retin- a you need to
give it atleast 3 months... i mite try the emu oil thing... it mite help with
my problem too....
Yes, we just have to be patient! Easier said than done some days when we don't look so great, but I know it will be worth it! Yes, give the emu oil a go! I'm sure it made a huge difference yesterday! I've read some really good things about it. I think it was meant to be. I went to the markets on the weekend with my husband and son and there was a whole stall of it just staring me in the face! I'm sure it was fate

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Emu oil is great. Sometimes before a shower I slather it on thick and get in the shower wait about 5 minutes or longer if you can, then just use my fiber cloth and the flakies come off great.
Oh wow, what an awesome idea!!! Thanks Goatlady, I'll give that a go!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Karenannev, do you think it was the moisturizing that did it? I ask that because i have started washing with papaya (body only) letting it sit for 5 minutes and then wash it off and after the shower i do olive oils ead to toe before my creams... ive noticed faster improvements myself...
Hi PinkMoscato, maybe it was the extra moisture! I know Reyaz01 swears that this is the case (I should have listened, Reyaz
). My skin sure felt a lot better too

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Karenannev: WOOHOO! I'm so glad to hear you are getting results! They take time to see & that purging phase is a drag but then you'll be left with smooth baby skin. Goatlady's onto a good thing with that oil/hotshower/microfiber cloth idea. I get the same results with olive oil. They don't carry emu oil at the local health shoppes but they do have n emu oil soap people like. I've tried it but I still prefer the Likas.
Thanks Ondine! I was thinking of you all day yesterday and couldn't wait to give you and everyone my news. After all my negativity of the last few days, it's good to get on here and give everyone else some happy news and some hope for themselves too! I am so grateful to you that you convinced me way back when I found this forum to give this method a go. I'm sure I'd still be waiting for nothing to happen with what I was doing before.

Oh I'm back on the Likas too! After thinking it was too harsh, I decided to give it another go. I think the trick really is not to overdo it. I was leaving it on my face and washing several times. Now I only leave it on for a short time and it's fine. It may not be long enough for lightening but I love it for the exfoliating and the clean feel like you do. I leave it on my arms for as long as I can though.

Anyway, thanks Ondine! You are awesome!!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
any time. That Likas is one of those rare gem 'cheap but good' products. I'm sure there must be a local Asian store who has it right on their shelves, but I haven't been able to gather up enough time to go searching.

This evening, I went through a really odd RA purge. I noticed that dull RA greyish blotchy look happening again today. I expected to hop into the shower this evening & have it sludge off. What happened is really beyond weird (& sorry ahead of time for the EEEEWWWW factor!
). I got all my shower stuff together & began undressing to hop in. As I undressed, my body felt funny. I looked down & all these funny dark flakes had just FALLEN OFF! I had to dash for a broom to clean my dead skin off of the floor! It didn't even wait for me to get into a shower
This has NEVER happened B4. My 'new' skin is soo smooth & lightening nicely & evenly. That ugly greyness is gone. Next time I see that grey happening, I'll try to remain somewhere private & RUN for the showr. Imagine had that happened in the check-out line at the grocery store or somewhere else public? ALL of it was from my shoulders, upper chest & upper arms (all the parts covered by the t-shirt I'd worn). Tomorrow, I'll try to replicate this effect by trying the occlusive wrap method with my 10% cream & RA.

·
Registered
5 Posts
any time. That Likas is one of those rare gem 'cheap but good' products. I'm sure there must be a local Asian store who has it right on their shelves, but I haven't been able to gather up enough time to go searching.

This evening, I went through a really odd RA purge. I noticed that dull RA greyish blotchy look happening again today. I expected to hop into the shower this evening & have it sludge off. What happened is really beyond weird (& sorry ahead of time for the EEEEWWWW factor!
). I got all my shower stuff together & began undressing to hop in. As I undressed, my body felt funny. I looked down & all these funny dark flakes had just FALLEN OFF! I had to dash for a broom to clean my dead skin off of the floor! It didn't even wait for me to get into a shower
This has NEVER happened B4. My 'new' skin is soo smooth & lightening nicely & evenly. That ugly greyness is gone. Next time I see that grey happening, I'll try to remain somewhere private & RUN for the showr. Imagine had that happened in the check-out line at the grocery store or somewhere else public? ALL of it was from my shoulders, upper chest & upper arms (all the parts covered by the t-shirt I'd worn). Tomorrow, I'll try to replicate this effect by trying the occlusive wrap method with my 10% cream & RA.
Ondine, what do you mean by a RA purge?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
That is when the skin is getting rid of stuff; shedding & exfoliating build-up rapidly due to the RA. It can be an ugly phase & it is esp tough for acne sufferers bec the acne seems to get worse B4 getting better & they have to tough it out. Much of acne is below the skin surface so when they use RA, this acne gets exposed & looks much worse. In my case, I had an accumulation of sundamage hyperpigmentation I didn't know was even there until it began exfoliating away: I just thought I was very dark red! Now, I'm paying for all those years as a young girl & as a teenager going out in the sun w/o any sunprotection whatsoever. At that time, nobody knew brown skinactually got sun damage too. The prevailing belief was that skin like mine (then a mid range Fitz V) would laugh the sun off.Well....I'm NOT laughing!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts