Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody from the SCT I love you all. Just to give you and update on what I have come up with after my post / subscription" I have Last week started to fight against my skin disaster. Through some of you if not most' of you's suggestions. Pardon me if I do some mistakes when I write this thread because, a lot has happened in my life that I have so far shared in my previous writing, so my Vulnerability tend to take control over me and I freeze as if I am waiting for somebody to hold my hand and take the lead. Here is what I did and still doing, I am doing the LA 40% peel since then I have done only two and I will be doing these peels on one week intervals.

The dermatologist has on 2nd July 2015 prescribed the Monobenzone 20% Cream for me, which is what I have started using 3 x a day on a clean face as per the derma's instructions. I know it is too early to see some results but having done this, my skin is getting more clearer compared to my before picture. I will continue doing my peels accordingly and collecting my pictures each week to compare the difference, when all seem to be showing big improvements I will then write again and show the pictures up so you could see my journey.

You people contributed a lot in my case and worked as a team to help me. I highly appreciate your efforts. I wouldn't have done it by myself had it been of Gymrat & Virginskin1" who seemed to have spotted my Vulnerability and began to put their heads together. A very sincere girl Virginskin1" then took my problem into her hands and said Mamsie" I live in the UK too and I am willing to help you despite the distance and she does.

God bless you all lovely people I will be back with the new highlights.

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Mamsie u r making me blush but I agree gymrat is the best we shall do our best to overcome :hugs:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mamsie u r making me blush but I agree gymrat is the best we shall do our best to overcome :hugs:
Of course my sister that's a compliment, you're so special. You've no idea how I felt when I heard you say I have to do a face peal with a Lactic acid haha I panicked and silently I'm like what! Put an acid on my already damaged face so that I now burn to ashes I suppose, Virgy I was so scare because I've never put an acid on my skin but I just put my trust on you and here I am now looking better and feeling better from inside out. You're so brave God bless!!

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Of course my sister that's a compliment, you're so special. You've no idea how I felt when I heard you say I have to do a face peal with a Lactic acid haha I panicked and silently I'm like what! Put an acid on my already damaged face so that I now burn to ashes I suppose, Virgy I was so scare because I've never put an acid on my skin but I just put my trust on you and here I am now looking better and feeling better from inside out. You're so brave God bless!!
Oh mamsie thank u for trusting me lets work towards an amazing outcome

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes @ TRIUMPH # Remember God opens the doors that no man can shut. @Stefoflife once mentioned that my skin problem is a difficult one but "Not Impossible" to solve and I believe her. So keep waiting patiently while God does wonders for me. Bless you.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I am so glad to hear your starting to feel better. Within time your skin will start to look better too. I am so glad you found our forum and even happier you were able to connect with VirginSkin. It helps to have someone walk you through the steps you need to take. If nothing else it helps to know that there are so many others who have been down your path before. There is always someone here to help if need be. I have no doubt you were fearful about applying LA peel on your already damaged skin. Remember, faith is taking that first step even when you can't see the whole staircase :thumbsup: Continue having faith in us Mamsie :hugs:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Many thanks for the words of encouragement Gymie. Sure there's nothing more soothing that the homely atmosphere when one starts living with new family, that feeling of acceptance with both open hands I found it here at the "SCT" I agree with you that some people know the feeling because they have been in my shoes before, it may not been exactly the same case nor the same symptoms but something brought them here cause of something they didn't like within themselves, so they came in the hope of finding help from the members of this forum which of course they did. I pray day in and day out that God the Almighty will see me through all this, if it is somebody he may send to my rescure the person will emerge. I trust all what you do here guys God is in controll of everything Gymie, even when my skin is cleared of this mess I'll still remain a member of this Forum, to be an example, help and educate others who may have fallen into my path. "God bless".

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Mamsie Soooo happy to hear that. I'm sure u thot there won't be an end in sight, but am glad that the end is here already. 'The end of a thing is better than the beginning' according to the bible. Wish u well on this journey.virginskin1 God bless u plenty for volunteering. 'you are simply the best'! In Tina Turner's voice.

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Mamsie Soooo happy to hear that. I'm sure u thot there won't be an end in sight, but am glad that the end is here already. 'The end of a thing is better than the beginning' according to the bible. Wish u well on this journey.virginskin1 God bless u plenty for volunteering. 'you are simply the best'! In Tina Turner's voice.
Come on guys ur making me blush 1f60a that's what we do here and I'm sure anyone would have done it its just I'm in the UK and she is.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@loolah yes and thanks it may be slower as I only just started but the appearance is promising. Rome wasn't built in a day baby as you know, but we're getting somewhere. As for Virginskin1 she's a very strong girl and one of the very best mums that can grab a knife from its sharp end, she does for sure work hand in hand with me and I trust her. Oh! Bless her!!!!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Come on guys ur making me blush 1f60a that's what we do here and I'm sure anyone would have done it its just I'm in the UK and she is.
Still, just showing our appreciation. Nothing wrong with dat. For a fact u guys are awesome! Gymrat went all out for me. Forever grateful will I be.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
@loolah yes and thanks it may be slower as I only just started but the appearance is promising. Rome wasn't built in a day baby as you know, but we're getting somewhere. As for Virginskin1 she's a very strong girl and one of the very best mums that can grab a knife from its sharp end, she does for sure work hand in hand with me and I trust her. Oh! Bless her!!!!
We will have a girls night out when u are done with these to celebrate.

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
So after a week of doing peels and applying her cream mamsie is showing more progress than we both imagined I cannot wait for her to post her one week picture update!!1f4831f4831f483. I feel like a new mom watching her baby take its first step!!263a️

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
So after a week of doing peels and applying her cream mamsie is showing more progress than we both imagined I cannot wait for her to post her one week picture update!!1f4831f4831f483. I feel like a new mom watching her baby take its first step!!263a️
I qm so glqd to hear this! Weldone VS. Wish u further progress Mamsie.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
I'm happy for you both. The teacher and her VIP student.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You can say that again @ TRIUMPH my "Teacher" like you just phrased it, she has a very strong backbone, also I don't think I am a VIP as you laid your statement. From my point of view everybody in the SCT is a VIP otherwise we wouldn't be helping one another. Virginskin1 became so touched by my skin issue, as a result she took my problem into her hands, a very challenging situation and voluntary said she will help me. There're no many people who can work hand in hand with a case such as mine. She held her head up and said come what may this woman needs help. If it meant death then I was clinically dead but it didn't scare her, she rather stepped in no matter how difficult the situation seemed to be, I must converse that "had no one volunteered to work with me hand in hand" I wouldn't have done it all by myself, the word Acid Peel was scaring a hell out of me. Some pictures will come up soon so everyone can see how only a week's progress can bring, with the help of brave people. With God nothing bad has to be forever. And I'm not forgetting all those who may have worked with Virgy while she contributed her time for me, she is indeed a Diva". May God Bless All Those Who Read.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Isn't that the truth!! Nothing better than walking side by side, inspiring someone that CAN have success, but is afraid to step that first step in the right direction. Just wish more found this forum and didn't have to suffer in silence. Mamsie Mamsie once this process is said and done you can be our SCT official spokes person :marchmellow: Let me know when you are ready to pull up that curtain and show your progress photos :cheers:

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Isn't that the truth!! Nothing better than walking side by side, inspiring someone that CAN have success, but is afraid to step that first step in the right direction. Just wish more found this forum and didn't have to suffer in silence. Mamsie Mamsie once this process is said and done you can be our SCT official spokes person :marchmellow: Let me know when you are ready to pull up that curtain and show your progress photos :cheers:
She wants u to put them up Gymie maybe u should put them side by side to see the stark difference

1 - 20 of 177 Posts