Skin Care Talk banner

My Thorn Hill Pathway (Bleaching Disaster) to Possible Clear "Face & Big Smile"

26K views 176 replies 23 participants last post by  gymrat 
#1 ·
Hello everybody from the SCT I love you all. Just to give you and update on what I have come up with after my post / subscription" I have Last week started to fight against my skin disaster. Through some of you if not most' of you's suggestions. Pardon me if I do some mistakes when I write this thread because, a lot has happened in my life that I have so far shared in my previous writing, so my Vulnerability tend to take control over me and I freeze as if I am waiting for somebody to hold my hand and take the lead. Here is what I did and still doing, I am doing the LA 40% peel since then I have done only two and I will be doing these peels on one week intervals.

The dermatologist has on 2nd July 2015 prescribed the Monobenzone 20% Cream for me, which is what I have started using 3 x a day on a clean face as per the derma's instructions. I know it is too early to see some results but having done this, my skin is getting more clearer compared to my before picture. I will continue doing my peels accordingly and collecting my pictures each week to compare the difference, when all seem to be showing big improvements I will then write again and show the pictures up so you could see my journey.

You people contributed a lot in my case and worked as a team to help me. I highly appreciate your efforts. I wouldn't have done it by myself had it been of Gymrat & Virginskin1" who seemed to have spotted my Vulnerability and began to put their heads together. A very sincere girl Virginskin1" then took my problem into her hands and said Mamsie" I live in the UK too and I am willing to help you despite the distance and she does.

God bless you all lovely people I will be back with the new highlights.

See less See more
#3 ·
Of course my sister that's a compliment, you're so special. You've no idea how I felt when I heard you say I have to do a face peal with a Lactic acid haha I panicked and silently I'm like what! Put an acid on my already damaged face so that I now burn to ashes I suppose, Virgy I was so scare because I've never put an acid on my skin but I just put my trust on you and here I am now looking better and feeling better from inside out. You're so brave God bless!!

#6 ·
Yes @ TRIUMPH # Remember God opens the doors that no man can shut. @Stefoflife once mentioned that my skin problem is a difficult one but "Not Impossible" to solve and I believe her. So keep waiting patiently while God does wonders for me. Bless you.

#8 ·
Many thanks for the words of encouragement Gymie. Sure there's nothing more soothing that the homely atmosphere when one starts living with new family, that feeling of acceptance with both open hands I found it here at the "SCT" I agree with you that some people know the feeling because they have been in my shoes before, it may not been exactly the same case nor the same symptoms but something brought them here cause of something they didn't like within themselves, so they came in the hope of finding help from the members of this forum which of course they did. I pray day in and day out that God the Almighty will see me through all this, if it is somebody he may send to my rescure the person will emerge. I trust all what you do here guys God is in controll of everything Gymie, even when my skin is cleared of this mess I'll still remain a member of this Forum, to be an example, help and educate others who may have fallen into my path. "God bless".

#9 ·
Mamsie Soooo happy to hear that. I'm sure u thot there won't be an end in sight, but am glad that the end is here already. 'The end of a thing is better than the beginning' according to the bible. Wish u well on this journey.virginskin1 God bless u plenty for volunteering. 'you are simply the best'! In Tina Turner's voice.

#11 ·
@loolah yes and thanks it may be slower as I only just started but the appearance is promising. Rome wasn't built in a day baby as you know, but we're getting somewhere. As for Virginskin1 she's a very strong girl and one of the very best mums that can grab a knife from its sharp end, she does for sure work hand in hand with me and I trust her. Oh! Bless her!!!!

#15 ·
So after a week of doing peels and applying her cream mamsie is showing more progress than we both imagined I cannot wait for her to post her one week picture update!!1f4831f4831f483. I feel like a new mom watching her baby take its first step!!263a️

#18 ·
You can say that again @ TRIUMPH my "Teacher" like you just phrased it, she has a very strong backbone, also I don't think I am a VIP as you laid your statement. From my point of view everybody in the SCT is a VIP otherwise we wouldn't be helping one another. Virginskin1 became so touched by my skin issue, as a result she took my problem into her hands, a very challenging situation and voluntary said she will help me. There're no many people who can work hand in hand with a case such as mine. She held her head up and said come what may this woman needs help. If it meant death then I was clinically dead but it didn't scare her, she rather stepped in no matter how difficult the situation seemed to be, I must converse that "had no one volunteered to work with me hand in hand" I wouldn't have done it all by myself, the word Acid Peel was scaring a hell out of me. Some pictures will come up soon so everyone can see how only a week's progress can bring, with the help of brave people. With God nothing bad has to be forever. And I'm not forgetting all those who may have worked with Virgy while she contributed her time for me, she is indeed a Diva". May God Bless All Those Who Read.

#21 ·
You got it............... BEFORE starting 40% LA peels and Monobenzone 20%
AFTER just ONE WEEK, of applying 40% LA peels and using Monobenzone 20% 3 times a day......
Mamsie, keep up the progress, your doing awesome so far. Thank you for believing in us :love: Bless you through and through!!

#23 ·
Thanks @ Gymie for the nice words of encouragement I promise that I will be strong to fight this war till the end of the journey. I'm so happy to know that there're people surrounding me, that would pick me up should I fall. You may see for yourself the difference between the two pictures in a space of a week. @Virginskin1 how would I have done this without you talking me through day in and day out? Keep it up with your kind heart girl!!

#36 ·
@Mamsie Hey dear how are you?
Your results look really good and your skin looks much clearer and brighter in your second pic.
I wish you all the best in your lightening journey.:)
But I don't understand why are you using chemical peel when you have vitiligo?Because monobenzone is so strong,it will goes deep in your skin.
I hope you don't mind my question.... :)

#37 ·
@Mamsie  Hey dear how are you? Your results look really good and your skin looks much clearer and brighter in your second pic. I wish you all the best in your lightening journey.:) But I don't understand why are you using chemical peel when you have vitiligo?Because monobenzone is so strong,it will goes deep in your skin. I hope you don't mind my question.... :) 
Not Mamsie but I can answer your question. Because her skin was so thick and was so damaged, exfoliating the dead skin cells off, helps your product to penetrate that much easier/better. Then end result is you will have much better results and won't have to use as much product. Applying the right chemical peel is one of the best things you can do for your skin. So many benefits in using chemical peels, they are extremely effective at stimulating natural collagen production for a fresh, moistened look. Helps to even out your skin tone, loosens/removes the surface debris on the skin, keeps your pores clean, the list is endless.

#40 ·
MamsieOmg!Omg!!Omg!!!.i didn't see this pics when I read ur PM!Omg!This is a fantastic improvement! Am so Excited!Am going crazy with happiness that can only bee imagined.I told u,ur problem is difficult but not impossible. Am sooo happy to see these pics.God bless Virginskin,Gymrat n all those that ve stood by u...Its just a matter of time now.keep d faith.Lots of kissed,muaaaaaah xxxxxx

#41 ·
Stefoflife my sister I pray to God day in and day out that I get the uniform colour and I pray that nothing resists. If at all the colour on my face will match the one you see on my hands, I will rejoice. I still continue to thank all those who helped with their ideas in this journey and to all those who are still by my side in every step I take. Of course sis I recall your words, " you said my problem is difficult but not impossible to solve.

#50 ·
Oh bless you @ Karenii @ Gymie and @ Virgy my backbone. I love hearing words of encouragement they make me feel loved, appreciated, welcomed and they even make me strong and therefore I try harder in the hope of getting back to the real me, and to be an example to others, we learn from our mistakes. Someday all these can help us to educate those who may fall into the same old shoes we once walked in. Glory be to God!!!

#51 ·
@Gymrat @Mamsie you are right about the peels that it helps product penetrate better and it also helps the skin to lighten evenly.
I started doing 30% Glycolic acid peels but I could only do it twice because I got lazy.So I started mixing my peel with a lotion and used it everyday till it finished.The results were same.Peels are really good and work faster so I am sure that Mamsie's skin will get better soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.