Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Five Get Up and Glow Tips

Are you having problems with your skin? Are you doing enough to ensure that your skin remains youthful? Do you want your skin to look young for as long as possible. I think you do!

With the right knowledge, you can look and feel fantastic. Yet there are so many products available that itâ€2122s so difficult to know what to choose and what to do.

You want to stop your face ageing and itâ€2122s entirely normal to want to look attractive.

Its 2009 going in to 2010 so thereâ€2122s no excuse to give in to looking old before your time.

When people meet you, the first thing they notice about you is your face. Did you know that 80% of visible signs of ageing are caused by smoking, sunlight and our life-style choice.

Wrinkling of the skin can be delayed, but you need to learn how to treat your face effectively. Then you can remain healthy and attractive for life.

Here are my 5 tips for that early morning routine just after youâ€2122ve just got up from bed:

1. Run a basin of cold water. Dip your face in it and hold it there for a while. Do your eye exercises at the same time: look up and down, to the right and left and diagonally [2 minutes].

2. Pat dry and go to your freezer. Remove your cold freezer pack and place on all parts of your face and neck for no longer than a few seconds on each area. This stimulates your circulation and helps to ‘iron outâ€2122 any little lines, especially those created during sleep. [5 minutes]

3. Use a teaspoon of lemon or lime juice in a glass of water. This can be kept in a bottle in your fridge for a few days. This natural toner contains glycolic acid and helps to keep your skin young. Leave it on for a few minutes. Your skin will feel tighter. [3 minutes]

4. Then moisturise. You do not have to let your skin dry before you do this. I personally feel that the skin benefits from letting the lemon toner dry first. If you are not going out, use an oil such as rose oil, organic olive oil or grapeseed oil to feed your skin. Use your fingertips to massage it in and get your circulation going. However, if you are venturing outdoors, use a moisturiser with a SPF 15 or more to protect your face. You should do this even in Winter [5 minutes].

5. Let your moisturiser sink in before you apply make-up

I know these ideas sound simplistic but just TRY THEM. They can help you look marvellous in just 15 minutes a day.

Use these tips and very soon you could see a younger you staring back at from the mirror.

What do you do to your complexion just after rising?

Warm regards,

redrose

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
My dermatologist told me that you should NEVER put really cold water or ice on your face. It causes those little red capillaries to burst. He also said you should NEVER put hot water. Only lukewarm.

·
Registered
209 Posts
After I get out of the shower I put my vit c serum on, then the B5 serum, wait a bit while I do my hair then I add my moisturizer and then my makeup.

·
Registered
77 Posts
When my face drys from the shower I spray on Cosmetic Acidic Water until my face is very wet again. Any serums that I want to add I do so while my face is wet with the cosmetic water. Because your face is wet you can use less serum and it will go just as far, it also get absorbed with the water so it gets into the skin more quickly leaving you with dry smooth skin once all the water is gone.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi there MsFancyPants,

This is a routine I've followed daily for about 15 years. I've had great results and NO broken capillaries.

I've always been aware that hot water caused problems but my research has indicated that cold water and cold shock therapy wakes up a tired, sagging face.

It promotes a greater oxygen uptake to the face.

In Scandinavia, cold-water therapy is highly respected and an ice-cold shower is part of many stay young programmes because it promotes greater oxygen intake in the cells and helps increase blood circulation.

My dermatologist told me that you should NEVER put really cold water or ice on your face. It causes those little red capillaries to burst. He also said you should NEVER put hot water. Only lukewarm.
Warm regards,

redrose

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I guess it's one of those things that is different for everyone. I just won't be trying it. I have two small veins already on my chin and I don't want to chance getting anymore. I am glad it works for you though.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi IluvNy,

Hey redrose if you dont mind sharing, how have you learnt some of your skincare tips, thanks?
Hi IluvNY,

No, I donâ€2122t mind sharing at all – thanks for asking.

Iâ€2122ve been researching health and beauty issues for a very long time. Itâ€2122s something I really love to do. Over the years Iâ€2122ve built up a large library/collection of health and beauty books, manuals and a great deal of research material from the Internet.

I have written several beauty articles and blogs for various internet publishing sites.

My husband coaches athletics and every Easter I used to go with him to various warm-weather training camps in Portugal. I had plenty of time on my hands so began to research and write a great deal.

It was on one of these trips in 2002 that I began to write a book which was published and entitled “Look Years Younger and save a Fortuneâ€. It was a short print run but I abandoned the project because my publisher was demanding 95% of ‘everythingâ€2122.

When I found the Skincare Forum I was very excited to be among so many like-minded people and be able to respond to some of the queries asked. I have asked questions of the forum myself and have received some excellent answers.

I'd like to spend more time on the forum but simply haven't got the time. I've just joined a local Health Spa which takes up lots of time - just had my first session of boxercise - what an experience. Also have done some spinning but not so keen on that. You still can't beat rebounding.

I notice that you are UK based. What part of the country are you from? My daughter and son-in-law live just outside London after getting married in Cardiff in 2007.

Out of interest, you can get an interesting free complimentary 20 page skin-care report which is a good read and some of the forum members might be interested in it. Itâ€2122s available at Health and Beauty Secrets to Make You 5, 10, 15... Even 20 Years Younger

Best wishes,

redrose

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Thanks for the tips redrose il check out the link when I get back from holiday!

I live just outside of london, I know what you mean about finding the time to do thing, there is never enough time in the day!

Have not even packed me bags for holiday yet

1 - 10 of 10 Posts