Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
From reading info on another website I understand that Cosmetic companies in Europe that were using nano technology had to remove their products for a while until further tests were made. Nano technology is basically how an ingredient is being delivered to your skin; the technology was developed in Japan. How it was described was that a single "nano" would be a grain of sand on a football field. The delivery system is exciting and revolutionary because of how the ingredients would be accepted by the skin, penetrating deeper into the skin than before therefore giving better results. The question the Europeans were asking was "how deep will it go" -- I guess there was concern that this delivery system could cause ingredients to penetrate too deeply without knowing what results would occur. The last e-mail I received indicated that these products are now back on the market in Europe. Something I don't understand (and wasn't explained in the newsletter) was that there is now some religious controversy over using nano technology.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yeah...I bet...I can't wrap my brain around it. An ex-boyfriend of mine was really interested in it and we watched some demos about nano in general on YouTube - but I do remember being a little frightened about what that would mean to the world of medicine. He feels that we should be teaching about it in schools because it will be the "language" of the near future. It is that revolutionary. It seems too good to be true -i'd like to know more...

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Since it's now being used in so many cosmetics --and will be in the future -- there should be more info on this technology. Most of the products that were taken off the European market were sunscreen products. But I ask, if this product is made to penetrate deep into the skin, is there a fail safe in place so it will stop when it's supposed to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts