Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any naturally dark lipped users in here of African descent who have successfully lightened their lips? All the information I have found through search were about people who used to have light lips or people who've gotten dark lips from smoking etc.

I have been trying for nearly a month now to achieve even pinkish/reddish - brown lips with no success. My top lip is brown and my bottom lip is pink with brown corners on the putter edges.

For the first 3+ weeks I have been exfoliating in the morning and at night with a soft tooth brush - using papaya soap. I then applied a little carowhite lotion and covered over with a Shea butter spf ChapStick. For the 4th week I have done the same but added glytone to the mix. I use the glytone in the morning and cover with SPF ChapStick and use carowhite lotion at night and cover with ChapStick. I will now switch to carowhite oil and see if that makes a difference. But I am running out of hope. I really want my top lip to be a more red/pinkish brown color (it doesn't even have to be as pink as my bottom lip)

Those who fit the description above (black, preferably naturally caramel or darker and have had a naturally darker upper lip all your life) what has worked for you?

Examples:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi. What worked for me. Kojie san kojic acid soap scrub with toothbrush. Ikb brightening gel and after a minute put on G&G teint uniforme cream.
Use regular sunscreen for ur lips (i have burnout clear zinc). Moisturize with coconut oil.
Chapstick will dry out ur lips .
Shea butter might darken it.
Another tip: never lick your lips that too will both dry/darken it.

·
Registered
973 Posts
@jenjen: shea butter always darken my skin. Okay with method, is this like a lifetime thing where one has to keep up this routine or eventually say months/years the lip/body will become is acclimated to it that this routine will no longer be needed? IKB gel isnt working for me anymore

·
Registered
509 Posts
Oh really its potent maybe ur skin got use to it.
And i think that's possible cause thats what happened to my chest and legs..they were lightened by me about 4 years ago..and i never have to touch them with any lighteners . It has remained light skin so now i have to make the rest of my body catch up to them... i was using HQ

·
Registered
509 Posts
So, yes my skin (chest and legs) became acclimated to it that it no longer need lighteners!.

I hope my answers isn't confusing lol

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Oh really its potent maybe ur skin got use to it.
And i think that's possible cause thats what happened to my chest and legs..they were lightened by me about 4 years ago..and i never have to touch them with any lighteners . It has remained light skin so now i have to make the rest of my body catch up to them... i was using HQ
This is interesting, I rarely use lighteners on my chest areas and arms because that area is super light? But my lower legs and stomach and butt omg! They have a mind of their own. When I don't feel like rubbing creams, I just put in in those areas alone and call it a day.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Right now I'm using ikb gel on my lips

*crosses fingers*

·
Registered
527 Posts
Right now I'm using ikb gel on my lips

*crosses fingers*
Did you do a peel though? I was looking at my childhood photos and I had pink lips. I was very light skinned as a kid but got darker as I got older with sun exposure. My bottom lip is pink and top is brown now. But I don't think peeling my lips will be enough. I did a glycolic acid peel on my lips a few times and the color did not change. I'll join you. I'll use IKB too. I think we should occlude with vaseline too right after applying IKB?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
My lips micropeeled with g&g and I use my exfoliating soaps on them constantly. Well see!

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
Did you do a peel though? I was looking at my childhood photos and I had pink lips. I was very light skinned as a kid but got darker as I got older with sun exposure. My bottom lip is pink and top is brown now. But I don't think peeling my lips will be enough. I did a glycolic acid peel on my lips a few times and the color did not change. I'll join you. I'll use IKB too. I think we should occlude with vaseline too right after applying IKB?
I use precious gel and gng oil bomb! You can use your koije san scrub your lips with a toothbrush then use the IKB gel.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I use precious gel and gng oil bomb! You can use your koije san scrub your lips with a toothbrush then use the IKB gel.
I just bought precious gel. Does it work better? Thanks!! I'm so excited. Can't wait to be team pink lips. I hate how dull they look right now. I always wear lipstick.

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
I just bought precious gel. Does it work better? Thanks!! I'm so excited. Can't wait to be team pink lips. I hate how dull they look right now. I always wear lipstick.
I use IKB and precious i rotate them they are both good a lot of members got good results with hypprogel with double P not single P that has steroids. My lips were always pink but dull but now they look plumb.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Loool @goldenbronzed really. Too much scrubbing might make it worse. It need a rest sometimes. Is that enough to lighten your lips though? What's the serum?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yes @3shadeslighter it is interesting. I wonder why that is though. Hmm my chest and legs dont need to be touch sometimes i think of tanning 'em lol. @arrow your a scientific guy maybe you might know why that happens !

·
Registered
509 Posts
@2toned hun its not a method. Infact i dont know how and why that happend. I just see that my chest and legs never darkens even after 4 years without lighteners . The rest of my body were 2 or 3 shades darker. I got my face and neck equal to my chest amd legs with ikb gel and then apllying GG cream plus its oil twice a day. But My butt is a work in progress.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Yes @3shadeslighter it is interesting. I wonder why that is though. Hmm my chest and legs dont need to be touch sometimes i think of tanning 'em lol. @arrow your a scientific guy maybe you might know why that happens !
@JennyCutie @3shadeslighter
It's due to a combination of sun exposure, blood flow, environmental factors (such as heat), genetics (rate at which melanin is produced, and melanosome density + distribution), and the rate at which the skin is exfoliated over time.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts