Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have major skin discolorations all over my body, I am looking for ingredients to help even my skin tone. I don't want to be 10 shades lighter just more even. I also want to use natural ingrediencts. Have any of you used any of these items, where did you purchase them from? Also do you have any recommendations for me?
• Bearberry
• Mulberry
• White mulberry
• Paper mulberry
• Licorice extract
• Vitamin C
• Nut-grass root, which is also known as coco-grass, purple nut sedge and red nut sedge

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
HEllo Jazmyn, I recommend that you make your own natural lightening cream with all those ingredients from skinactives.com. Skinactives has all of those listed above in powder form and you just mix it with the "Canvas Base Cream" that they have in the proper concentrations to achieve an even skin tone. Otherwise, you can use their All Natural Skin Brightening Cream which already has all of those ingredients and is very good to even out the tone.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
This is the recipe and calculations for your DIY lightening cream

SKIN ACTIVES ¤ Price (USD) ¤ Amount

Arbutin ¤ 12.50 ¤ 6gm -

Bearberry ¤ 7.50 ¤ 10gm -

Glutathione ¤ 12.50 ¤ 1gm -

Glucosamine ¤ 3.50 ¤ 5gm -

Lemon peel extract ¤ 9.50 ¤ 10gm -

Kojic Acid ¤ 15.50 ¤ 5gm -

Magnesium ascorbyl phophate ¤ 11.50 ¤ 10gm -

Base cream ¤ 6.50 ¤ 4 fl .oz

Jar ¤ 1.00 ¤

Total: ¤ 80.00 ¤ 47gm

Note: This is a personal plan and calculations, so you can play around the ingredients as you want.

Ingredients

All you need is:
- A measuring cup (ml is a good size)
-50 ml consisting of the total amount of the lighteners listed above
-50 ml water
-50 ml alcohol (benzyl and cetyl alcohol are the optimal types, rubbing alcohol and hand sanitizer work fine)
-250 ml of Base
-100 ml retin-a (if you don't want retin a in your mix, you will add 350 ml of base cream)

Steps
1. Pour the water and alcohol into a pot. Bring it to a boil. When it boils, remove it from the heat and wait for about thirty seconds (until the rapidly moving bubbles calm down)
2. Add the 50 ml of the skin lightening actives to the hot water-alcohol mix. Stir it thoroughly, until it has totally dissolved.
3. In a mixing bowl, add your cream and retin-a. Slowly pour in the hot water-alcohol-skin lightening mix. Mix it very thoroughly, using a mixer.
4. Allow it to cool in the bowl, and then add it to a bottle, and seal it tightly.
5. Enjoy?

Miscellaneous
To make 20%, add 100ml of all of the skin actives in total, and 200ml of cream.
To make 5%, add 25ml of all of the skin actives in total, and 275 ml of cream.

Note: And YES, you NEED to use alcohol to dissolve the ingredients into the mixture. If you don't, you risk your mixture not absorbing the ingredients, and thus you have a useless pile of chemical mess on your hands.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Arbutin ¤ 12.50 ¤ 6gm -

Jar ¤ 1.00 ¤

Note: This is a personal plan and calculations, so you can play around the ingredients as you want.

Ingredients

All you need is:
-50 ml water
-50 ml alcohol (benzyl and cetyl alcohol are the optimal types, rubbing alcohol and hand sanitizer work fine)
-250 ml of Base
-100 ml retin-a (if you don't want retin a in your mix, you will add 350 ml of base cream)

Steps
1. Pour the water and alcohol into a pot. Bring it to a boil. When it boils, remove it from the heat and wait for about thirty seconds (until the rapidly moving bubbles calm down)
2. Add the 50 ml of the skin lightening actives to the hot water-alcohol mix. Stir it thoroughly, until it has totally dissolved.
3. In a mixing bowl, add your cream and retin-a. Slowly pour in the hot water-alcohol-skin lightening mix. Mix it very thoroughly, using a mixer.
4. Allow it to cool in the bowl, and then add it to a bottle, and seal it tightly.
5. Enjoy?

Miscellaneous

Note: And YES, you NEED to use alcohol to dissolve the ingredients into the mixture. If you don't, you risk your mixture not absorbing the ingredients, and thus you have a useless pile of chemical mess on your hands.
Thank you so much, do you know if I have to eep using the mixture after I achieve my desired skin tone.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
just two to three times a week to maintain, but even if u keep using it, its going to be VERY beneficial for your skin b/c those ingredients are rich in antioxidants, cell communicating vitamins, and collagen boosting power.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just two to three times a week to maintain, but even if u keep using it, its going to be VERY beneficial for your skin b/c those ingredients are rich in antioxidants, cell communicating vitamins, and collagen boosting power.
I am a bit confused, are you saying if I stop using the products my skin would have hyperpigmentation again?

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
No im saying after you are done with evening out your tone, use can use it as an antioxidant moisturizer, it wont lighten you past an all over even shade so you dont have to worry about bleaching. Your hyperpigmentation and uneven tone wont come back if u stop

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
80 Posts
No im saying after you are done with evening out your tone, use can use it as an antioxidant moisturizer, it wont lighten you past an all over even shade so you dont have to worry about bleaching. Your hyperpigmentation and uneven tone wont come back if u stop
Really great post LNL, as usual, thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
Preparation Table
Ingredient\t Quantity
Active\t 5 grams
Isopropyl isosterate\t 150 g
Polyacrylate 13/polyisobutene/Polysorbate 20 \t35 g
Methyl paraben/propyl paraben\t 1 g
Distilled water\t 400 g

This is another classic cream-

·
Registered
44 Posts

Arbutin ¤ 12.50 ¤ 6gm -

Jar ¤ 1.00 ¤

Ingredients

All you need is:
-50 ml water
-250 ml of Base

Steps
5. Enjoy?

Miscellaneous

Thanx for you post, i have got some discolouration on my skin, dark elbows, knees which i would love to even out, i am dark skinned african. my question is will your formula work for me? i want something safe and fast. thanx

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
yes it will, its all natural. This is safe but if you are looking for fast then I dont know what to tell you, even higher concentrations of chemical bleachin agents dont produce even fast results, u have to be patient and persistent.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
Thank you for all this info, but I do have one question about the alcohol. The base cream already have alcohol in it, is that not sufficient? Just asking as a newbie ready to try this. Thanks ion advance for your response.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
yes it will, its all natural. This is safe but if you are looking for fast then I dont know what to tell you, even higher concentrations of chemical bleachin agents dont produce even fast results, u have to be patient and persistent.
Thanks this is helpful.. even though I am a bit late

1 - 20 of 20 Posts