Skin Care Talk banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

Administrator
Ok guys, I must interrupt......I notice this thread has several long time members.......tell me what you think of the new platform???!! Its a breath of fresh air for me, I am really enjoying it. Many upgrades we were in need of!

Let me know what you guys think 馃挄

Registered
Ok guys, I must interrupt......I notice this thread has several long time members.......tell me what you think of the new platform???!! Its a breath of fresh air for me, I am really enjoying it. Many upgrades we were in need of!

@gymrat the new platform is really easy to use. I'm enjoying it. It's so modern and up to date 馃挒

Administrator
The new layout looks great, I鈥檓 loving the dark mode 馃槉... is there a mobile version? An app would be great too.
Yes I love the dark mode a well, and no there isn't a need for a mobile version, it automatically adjusts to whatever device your using,....mobile, ipad, laptop, etc. @tonedpretty

Registered
Hi @gymrat I love the new Sct, so happy :)

Reactions: gymrat

Registered

Hey I lurk a lot and have since 2016 or even earlier. I love the forum but the new platform is amazing, especially on mobile! Thank you!

Registered
Great to see you @DOODOOBROWN and SO happy you are liking our new look. We were in need of it, reminds me of our old platform. Let me know if you have any issues, always here to help 馃挄 hope you are well XO
thanks gymmie , hope you're good out in Cali,,,
yes I hope to see some of the old Sct friends , that would be amazing :)

Reactions: gymrat

Administrator
Hey I lurk a lot and have since 2016 or even earlier. I love the forum but the new platform is amazing, especially on mobile! Thank you!
Awwwh I see you out there in lurk [email protected] why don't you chime in more, would love to have some oldies but goodies back. This platform has to be easier to navigate for most.....I would think. Reminds me of our old one......I loved it SO much, but this one will grow on us in time. Hoping the new freshness brings others out of lurk mode, great to see you, please don't be a stranger!! 馃挅

Registered
Awwwh I see you out there in lurk [email protected] why don't you chime in more, would love to have some oldies but goodies back. This platform has to be easier to navigate for most.....I would think. Reminds me of our old one......I loved it SO much, but this one will grow on us in time. Hoping the new freshness brings others out of lurk mode, great to see you, please don't be a stranger!! 馃挅
I predict others will be coming out too. I hope so. 馃槢

Registered
Hello guys,

Does anyone use carotein products anymore? I want to mix the gel and tube cream for my face, to even out and lighten a shade. But I鈥檓 not sure if the products are still effective.

Please answer if you can help

Registered
Hello guys,

Does anyone use carotein products anymore? I want to mix the gel and tube cream for my face, to even out and lighten a shade. But I鈥檓 not sure if the products are still effective.

Please answer if you can help
Hey I started using the carotein supreme gel... the ingredients list is amazing. No fragrance or alcohol either. I can't say the same about the other carotein gels or products, but the supreme gel is great. It's a perfect product for maintenance.

Of course it won't be as strong as kojic acid but still, a great product to have in addition :)

Registered
@PhoenixCharm2018 thankyou for your responding :) ... how long have you been using it ?

And has it been able to even out any discolouration you鈥檝e had on your face?

I was thinking of adding a couple drops of maxi white serum (Kojic Acid version) as I want a golden undertone but not too yellow - does this sound like a good idea?

Registered
@PhoenixCharm2018 thankyou for your responding :) ... how long have you been using it ?

And has it been able to even out any discolouration you鈥檝e had on your face?

I was thinking of adding a couple drops of maxi white serum (Kojic Acid version) as I want a golden undertone but not too yellow - does this sound like a good idea?
What's your current routine?

Registered
@PhoenixCharm2018
Soaps; I use Kojic Acid soap twice a week. On other days I use Dove Beauty Bar

Exfoliation; I use the Ordinary AHA 30% solution once a week

Lightening: I use Neoprosone vit c serum 3 times a week.

Skin building: I skin build 2 days a week, and I only use Shea Butter

Registered
@PhoenixCharm2018
Soaps; I use Kojic Acid soap twice a week. On other days I use Dove Beauty Bar

Exfoliation; I use the Ordinary AHA 30% solution once a week

Lightening: I use Neoprosone vit c serum 3 times a week.

Skin building: I skin build 2 days a week, and I only use Shea Butter
Quit the dove beauty bar, don't use any soap on your face. Get a cheap cleanser that is non-drying. If your from the UK, the Asda kind and gentle foaming face wash is only 拢1 and is my favourite. You can incorproate double cleansing too in the PM, especially if you wear makeup/sunscreen.

Don't bother with the ordinary aha solution, get into weekly lactic acid peels. Start with 25% and work your way up to 60-70% on face/body. Do not moisturize for at least 24 hours after a peel. Then you can moisturize as much as possible. Do this consistently for 3 months so all lightening ingredients work better. I would do peels first before introducing lighteners since they can make your face lighten unevenly. You need to get rid of all the layers of dead skin cells.

Incorporate 0.25% retin-A at least 3x a week once you understand your skin's level of sensistivity, wait 2-3 days before and after a peel. Get a good moisturizer to use 30 minutes (the longer you wait the better) after the retin-a. Retin-a is also anti-aging (avoid retinol as it's not as effective). Of course you will need to do your research on both how to perform chemical peel safely as well as using retin-a since it is a prescription product. But you can safely ship it online to the UK.

You didn't mention sunscreen, which one are you using? and what is your skin tone?

The combination of sunscreen + retin-a + chemical exfoliation with lactic acid for 2 months should lighten you quite a bit (but it does depend on your current skin tone + if you have a tan). If you do this, whatever skin lightener you apply on top, it should work 3x better if not more. And it makes your skin lighten more naturally without patchy or adverse results.

Registered
@PhoenixCharm2018 Really appreciate your recommendations Thank you :)
Yes I use a Korean sunscreen that has spf45.
I live in London, so I鈥檒l have a look in Asda.
I鈥檓 black with a medium brown skin tone (nc46/47 in MAC)

1) I鈥檝e been looking online for a 25% lactic acid peel, but I can only find 20% and 30%, so which percentage should I go for?

2) Should I apply the peel to my face with a cotton pad?

3) How long should I leave the peel on my face and body for? And should I rinse it off with cool water?

Registered
@PhoenixCharm2018 Really appreciate your recommendations Thank you :)
Yes I use a Korean sunscreen that has spf45.
I live in London, so I鈥檒l have a look in Asda.
I鈥檓 black with a medium brown skin tone (nc46/47 in MAC)

1) I鈥檝e been looking online for a 25% lactic acid peel, but I can only find 20% and 30%, so which percentage should I go for?

2) Should I apply the peel to my face with a cotton pad?

3) How long should I leave the peel on my face and body for? And should I rinse it off with cool water?
No worries, happy to help!

Which Korean sunscreens are you using? I do not recommend Korean/Japanese sunscreens at all. They all made me tan like crazy and I've tested at least 35+.

Best place to find lactic acid peels is on eBay, there are lots of sellers. You can start at 20%.

You can apply the peel with a facial brush for your face and a cotton pad for your body. In terms of duration, I'd recommend reading this post. It's not a perfect article but has a lot of information. Warning: Do not bother neutralizing with baking soda, it burns like crazy. Just a lot of water is fine in my experience. Do your research so you don't end up burning your skin.

Personally, I usually stick to 2.5-4 minutes and try to do 4-6 minutes on the body but it does depend on skin sensitivity and tolerance. If you go too long, you can develop PIH (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation).

Registered
@PhoenixCharm2018 its from a brand called MISSHA. Omd you tan with Korean sunscreens? I thought they were the best on the market.
Loool what a coincidence I鈥檝e been reading about Lactic Acid peels for about 2 hours now and I literally just ordered baking soda off Amazon because a lot of users do the water and baking soda method
I read a post that says water doesn鈥檛 neutralise the peel, so if you don鈥檛 use baking soda it will penetrate into your skin for hours which can damage your skin. What are your thoughts, did it personally leave you with PIH?

You said I shouldn鈥檛 moisturise after doing the peel but I naturally have dry/normal skin, I鈥檓 scared doing make my skin extra dry and tight?

And in terms of moisturising can I use Shea Butter?

Registered
@PhoenixCharm2018 its from a brand called MISSHA. Omd you tan with Korean sunscreens? I thought they were the best on the market.
Loool what a coincidence I鈥檝e been reading about Lactic Acid peels for about 2 hours now and I literally just ordered baking soda off Amazon because a lot of users do the water and baking soda method
I read a post that says water doesn鈥檛 neutralise the peel, so if you don鈥檛 use baking soda it will penetrate into your skin for hours which can damage your skin. What are your thoughts, did it personally leave you with PIH?

You said I shouldn鈥檛 moisturise after doing the peel but I naturally have dry/normal skin, I鈥檓 scared doing make my skin extra dry and tight?

And in terms of moisturising can I use Shea Butter?
European sunscreens with Tinosorb M and S are the best on the market. The Asian sunscreens are only decent in US where they have terrible sunscreen options unfortunately.

To prevent tanning, get a high PPD / UVA-PF sunscreen. I recommend P20 kids spf 50+ (make sure it's the new kids one) from superdrug. This is currently one of the best on the market right now for the price. It's also been independently tested. Use a tinted sunscreen or bb cream with spf (any of your choice) after a few minutes on top, the iron oxides will prevent visible light to some degree which will further decrease your chance of tanning.

Can you link me to that post about baking soda? I never use baking soda, only neutralize with water and a gentle soap. It's worked perfectly for me so far. I don't have PIH but then again my fitzpatrick skin type is on the light side of 4. You must proceed with precaution regardless. I've never experienced PIH from a peel because I always take precaution and try not to achieve results in a month.

Let your skin peel for 24 hours before applying moisturizer. If your face is really dry, you can apply a light product or pure argan oil after a couple of hours and moisturize as normal on the next day (which is what I currently do).

Yes you can use shea butter as moisturizer but I recommend layering with another moisturizer if your skin is as dry as you say you are. Shea butter isn't really enough alone. You can even apply shea butter and an occlusive like vaseline on top to seal in the moisture.

I do like Asian skin care / cosmetics just not the sunscreens, even though they are very cosmetically elegant. The protection just isn't there, especially if you really care about UVA protection. Please let me know how your peels go :)

41 - 60 of 71 Posts