Skin Care Talk banner

Nearly 50! - arrrrghhh!

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  LJT 
#1 ·
Hi, i'll be 50 in a few weeks and starting to look it. i would be interested in finding out what the most effective skin care is out there, i have heard about Matrixyl 3000 and airegline. Would just like to know results that people have had before i waste any more money. Kind regards. Mabel

#3 ·
Hi Mabel and welcome!
As Peri's post points out, the foundation of any rejuvenation program should be Retin-A or tazarotene
Vit C serum
Sunscreen

If you wanted to add a serum with Matrixyl or argireline (which shouldn't be used all over the face, just on targeted areas as you would Botox) that would be in addition to, not instead of!

Hth a little.

#4 ·
thankyou for your comments. i live in the UK - oes anyone know where i can buy what you suggest, do these ingredients come in marketed brands or do i buy them standalone if you know what i mean, is matrixyl in a moisturiser that i can buy in a shop or do i just buy matrixyl in a bottle. Hope im making myself clear. thanks so much. mabel

#5 ·
Since you live in the UK, you have access to some of the best sunscreens out there.
Unlike us in the states. Unless we want to import them.
Here's a great thread talking about some of the top ones.

http://www.makeupalley.com/account/s...ame=sunscreens

Assuming they ship to the UK, get your retin-a (tretinoin) from Prescription Drugs & Medicines, Indian online pharmacy for all type of generic drugs
or www.medsmex.com
A number of us here buy from these proven sites.

As for the C serum, you could spend a fortune and buy a proven one like Skinceuticals CE Ferulic or save a bunch of $$$$ and make your own.

http://www.skincaretalk.com/anti-agi...lic-serum.html

As to the other ingredients, I'm not sold on them at the moment.

#11 ·
I'm 10 years older than you and I think my aging problems are worse than yours. Fortunately I've found some darn effective products recently. A month and a half ago I started using Janson Beckett Alpha Derma CE and Peptide Skin Prep. I'm amazed at the results I've gotten so far. Nothing I had tried before worked so fast and well on my skin. Alpha Derma CE has argireline, collagen, elastin, dmae, vitamin c and alpha lipoic acid etc. I can't wait to see how my skin will look in 3 or 6 months.

#12 ·
Hi Mabel, first off, congrats on having survived 1/2 a century! I turn 45 thids year & I cannot wait to be 50 . How grand! As for 'looking 50', I'm uncertain what that means. I see many teenagers who live off of fast food who look much older than I do & then there's this 75 yr old man who does figure skating tricks at the rink in winter. From the neck down, he's 16. His face is maybe 40.

One of the best treatments you can give yourself is Retin A. I use this myelf & I haven't got a line or wrinkle to my name. Sunscreen is a must.

Mabrl, I see you're in the UK; are you one og those pocrelain white ladies with blue ueus? There were so many lovely 'older women' in the UK when I visited. these ladies out classed & out looked the younger women by a long-shot (think Helen Mirren). Make the most of your colouring. Retin A alternated with HQ2-4% will really make you glow like Nicole Kidman (who I think is 41). Drink plenty of water, do a teeth whitening session to rejuvenate your smile. Update your hairstyle. Take a good multivitamin. Update your wardrobe a little: there are stylish appropriate yet flattering clothes out there for every woman regardless of her size or age. Dance into your 50's like a goddess. Many people never make it that far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.