Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new here and I'm wondering if there is anything out there that really firms the neck??? thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
There is but there's nothing aside form surgery that can remove teh sagging/hanging skin. But to prevent hanging/sagging skin use a HIBISCUS COLLAGEN MIST.

Functional Aging means wisdom when
"We put life into our years, not years into our lives" .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cellex-C has a really good one. I think its called "neck firming cream" My mom uses that one and really likes it.

does anyone know of a bust cream?? lol i know that sounds weird, but hey.

·
Registered
15 Posts
"Neck firming cream" or any topical product to correct sagging skin is a hoax. It cannot be done. You will need a cosmetic surgery procedure to effectively eliminate this.

Avoid more sun exposure to keep the problem from getting worse.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Maybe you could do some neck tightening exercises to avoid going under the knife. You can either ask your doctor or read information online.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Neck firming cream only makes skin APPEAR to be firmer because your adding extra moisture. It won't hurt to do so but don't break the bank on the product you buy. I have Ojon 99.9% natural Tawaka cream because all my body needs moisturizing. Also, it is true it is best to sleep on your back if you can.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have come to the conclusion after 64 years..it is in your genes! Your skin will take after one or both parents. In my case, I was fortunate to have my mother's skin but unfortuate to have my dad's and his mother's neck! I remember looking at my grandmother when I was in my 20's and thinking..omg , I hope I never get that! So,stay out of the sun which I have not and now I remember my mother telling me she wanted to go inside. She never sunned herself..maybe for 15 mins. at most. The beach she told me was the enemy! Boy, was she right. Now, after all this, what is the best thing to help the neck?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Try not to gain weight ... hold your head high ... do neck exercises ... sleep on your back ... suffer suffer suffer ... that's the key ... stay out of the sun at all costs ...and if you have need to lower your head ... always place your thumb underneath your chin ... where do you think the saying "pain in the neck" comes from ...never lower your head ... but never ... and you will have a beautiful neckline!!! Hold your head back as far as it will go and do 'chewing' exercises ... at least one hundred chews ... another bit of torture ... on and on and on ... read about it ... research it ... study the causes of droopy neck syndrom ... suffer some more ... there you are ... this is what's it's all about ... now you will be okay and look beautiful.

Love Libra

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried the Neck Slimmer, that was advertised on TV. Used it religously for 9 wks, twice a day. Took pics, and asked my hubby and Mom, and both did not see any visible improvement, and neither did I. But I had to try it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My dermatologist and esthetician both recommended the "Lifestyle Lift" as the most minimal procedure available with very impressive results, and had no thoughts on anything very hopeful otherwise. My grandma looked great too until she passed away at 90, but her neck was her worst feature from a fairly young age and really took away from her otherwise youthful appearance. Nearing 50 myself, I am now really beginning to see this in myself as something I need to stay on top of. I have tried some of the exercises mentioned in this forum with some promising results considering I just do them here and there not really knowing if I am doing them properly. The simple act of using Age Defying Oil of Olay body wash with niacinamide with a nylon puff on my neck and body with diligent moisturizing to my neck area has improved my skins texture and appearance and lessened the redness on my neck 10 fold. That has helped not to draw attention to that area as much and I am pleased with that at least for now :).

·
Registered
246 Posts
Flex Effect has several neck exercises and my understanding is they can help, perhaps dramatically. There is a public forum there, maybe you'll find some posts regarding neck exercises and people's experiences with them.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I agree with Max that FlexEffect's neck exercises are awesome... plus massage too will help thicken/tighten up the skin. I also do dry brushing on my neck, and that gently exfoliates the skin there too. Some have said that LED and the Stop machine have tightened up their necks. I think posture also has a lot to do with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
well, ladies, I've decided to try the Rio Neck toner. I'm 57 and just starting to see a droop in my chin and jowls (lucky it waited this long!). I bought it from TSC for $59.99 and there's a 30 day money back guarantee. Just ordered it yesterday so I can't wait to get it. I'll keep you all posted on results or no results

·
Registered
102 Posts
Check out the Doctors website for "The Doctors" show on tv. A couple weeks ago they showed an amazing procedure that retightens your skin on your neck with out going under the knife or any harmful chemicals.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Ladies,I too am 64 years old, and would like to know if Kittiemarie gave any of the neck creams suggested a try ? I do one neck exercise, but would love to know of any neck cream sucess stories from women in my age group? I am now using a neck cream, but can not see any results. Help!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts