Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, ladies

I am new to this forum and would like to know if any of you have tried SkinMedica products. My eyes are getting wrinklier recently, not quite sure if it's because I use too much Obagi nu derm Clear & Blender (have already used Obagi for over 2 years) to make my already dry skin dryer and the area around my eyes are so wrinkly now. Therefore, I wanted to try the SkinMedica Night Eye Repair. Apart from this eye repair cream, any other products you would recommend?

Also, have you ever heard of a wrinkle soothing product called "Tri-Aktiline". It claimed that it would fill the wrinkles right after use and would diminish the wrinkles after some time.

Thanks in advance for any input!

PH

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi i just ordered the same thing! plus the retinol serum that goes on at night before your regular night cream. did that eye cream work for you?? also i'll let you know (if interested) how that retinol did. too much sun!

·
Administrator
33,768 Posts
oh, by the way don't bother with Cellex-C i used it faithfully for 3 YEARS!!!! NOTHING! BIG WASTE OF MONEY.
I can honestly say I dont hear much bad news about Cellex-C. I used it only for awhile, but most rave about it.

sorry, it didn't work out for you-

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi, re: cellex c, it's not that it doesn't give you a good (fake) feeling of instant tightness that's what kept me using it for so long, it's just that there is NO long term benifit. i used all cellex c products for 3 years with no noticable difference. also my dog is a maltese and looks very much like yours. but if your interested in buying it you should check out the 'THE SHOPPING CHANNEL" in canada. about every 3 months they have it as a "show stopper" that's like the american version of qvc "special value". you get both of the main products plus they throw in eye creams, day or night. just depends. plus your american dollar will go way further. it usually cost around $79. carol

·
Registered
54 Posts
on june 2 2009 home shopping channel here in canada will have cellex c on. i used it years ago for a short time but not long enough to see a difference so i will give it a another try. has anyone seen positive results from using it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try Gingi as they have a skin lift (and a breast lift!) cream as well as pads....VERY SOOTHING and very effective. Gingi is the only skin care line given to Oscar, Grammy, and Emmy nominees and winners in their gift baskets.
Just an FYI!

·
Registered
475 Posts
I used a sample of the skinmedica that I got from an order. It was the retinol. I liked it but when I researched it I didn't like the price. The sample wasn't big enough to really notice long term benefits.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, ladies

I am new to this forum and would like to know if any of you have tried SkinMedica products. My eyes are getting wrinklier recently, not quite sure if it's because I use too much Obagi nu derm Clear & Blender (have already used Obagi for over 2 years) to make my already dry skin dryer and the area around my eyes are so wrinkly now. Therefore, I wanted to try the SkinMedica Night Eye Repair. Apart from this eye repair cream, any other products you would recommend?

Also, have you ever heard of a wrinkle soothing product called "Tri-Aktiline". It claimed that it would fill the wrinkles right after use and would diminish the wrinkles after some time.

Thanks in advance for any input!

PH
I spoke with a SkinMedica sales rep when I was at my derm office and she said the eye cream is nice but the TNS Skin Essentials will give you more advanced long term results. I have used almost all of their products and I have to say I love them. The Skin Essentials product is VERY expensive and smells terrible but it provides wonderful results after a few months. I had horrible lines around my eyes and on my cheeks and it eliminated the lines on my cheeks and I have very small fine lines left around my eyes. Unfortunately, I could not afford to keep up with the $250 cost so in the meantime, I am using their TNS Line Refine over my sunscreen and I have to admit that product is amazing and you will see immediate results. It is temporary as it plumps the finelines and you must use it again in the evening or they do come back. However, because there are peptides in the product you will see some minor long term results. This product is just a temporary fix but it is well worth the $75 to me! Go to the SkinMedica website and view their product ingredients. Anything with peptides, ascorbic acid (vit C), Retinol (Vit A), hyaluronic acid, Vit E - really any antioxidants are great for your skin. There are just so many products out there with the same ingredients but these are the the ones I personally see results with.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi, Mags1972
Thanks for your detailed reply and Happy New Year to you and all the ladies here. I have not been here for months since I have been very busy. I am now using Cellbone peptides and B5 gel + Vit C during the days I am not using Obagi Nu Derm. I guess collagen on my face is losing gradually, as I can see more wrinkles around my eyes :-(. Actually, the texture of my face skin is not bad, it's only about the plumpness. I need to find something that helps on plumping up the skin especially around my eyes. Do you know of anything that works for this?
Love
PH

1 - 14 of 14 Posts