Skin Care Talk banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Hello Gurdeep,

I am from Bangalore, India. Have melasma for the last one year, tried with Melcare, peels etc. Initially it faded and then reappeared with more patches, hence I would like to try with Lippu oil and Eve fresh cream. Where do we get to buy this oil and Eve cream? Also I saw that as per previous suggestions, to drink 2 Tablespoons of pure, unrefined coconut oil. Did you follow this one too? Please help. Thank you!

BEST SUNSCREEN..La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL 50+ ...Fluid Extreme or cream available. Tinted or whitish. Imported from France, avail. from Amazon. Melasma spreads/darkens due to UVA. US sunscreens don't have to state how much UVA they have (yet...) and UVA breaks down quickly. Europe has to state the UVA available in a sunscreen. Anthelios worked/works well for me. It doesn't allow any tanning or darkening/spreading of the melasma. I guess they know how to stabilize the UVA. My derm told me to get Neutrogena for the UVA but it didn't work. I have to say...after a day at the beach in the water..Anthelios XL kept my melasma from darkening or spreading. I put it on, and put powder over it. Before I was using tons of zinc, titanium...creams...and I wouldn't tan..but the melasma would darken. It is all in the UVA. Right now, US companies can say they have UVA protection..but it may break down in light quickly, or may have very little in the solution..another that people have success with is Bioderm, also from France, with UVA. I thought the Anthelios worked better for me.

Hi,

This is correct, chemical sunscreen can actually worsen the melasma, chemical sunscreen convert the sunrays to heat, which can make melasma worse.
So find youself a good physical sunscreen, anyway when it comes to 'dangerous' ingredients the physical sunscreens should be better. Many physical sunscreen leaves a white cast, but nowadays you can find a lot that doesn't leave a white cast.

Hello!

Could someone confirm this information? is there any medical or scientific statement, because i have melasma too and im using a chemical sunscreen for the moment waiting for my arrival of physical sunscreen.

Thanks

Heliocare are a fantastic product. I don't know if its available everywhere but they have a vast range including oral supplements, creams and gels and spf 50 make up compacts. They are transparent and dont leave white residue and are designed for people who are ultra sensitive or after surgery. They range from 30spf to 90spf. Below I copied this from a supplier website to give you an idea incase you want to know more but they have different types for different skin. Benefit of Heliocare Gel 90: Heliocare's oil-free, easy-apply and light formulation touch gives it an elegance that encourages daily use. Heliocare Gel is ideal for all skin types and particularly suitable for oily and spot-prone skin. •UVA / UVB filters: Advanced mineral filters and non-mineral filters have been expertly combined to provide the highest level of UVA / UVB protection •Photobiological protectants: Fernblock–natural fern extract rich in polyphenols and flavonoids, combined with Green Tea extract, provide biological photo-protection •Protection enhancers: Ultrasomes; naturally derived endonucleases help provide DNA protection and repair •Non-comedogenic and water resistant Heliocare Gel can be used for the daily prevention of photo-ageing and sun damage. It is suitable for lessening the effects of medication-induced photosensitivity, preventing melasma in greasy skins and photodermatosis. In addition it is fantastic for every day sun protection for all skin types. Heliocare Gel is transparent, water resistant and can be used under mineral make-up.
I'm going to buy this after I'm done with my Ambre Solaire Golden Oil

Sebamed is the Best I Have Tried for my Melasma

Hi All,

I have melasma on my face. I am looking for best sunscreen to protect my skin from further damage. Currently I am using LA ROCHE POSAY ANTHELIOS 60. Any Idea?
:thankyou:
SebaMed 50+ is the best for melasma in terms of sun protection, but it's a bit heavy on skin (unlike Roche Possay). On the other hand Roche Possay is very light and not greasy, but not as good in terms of sun protection as Seba Med. So I decided to keep using Seba Med for better protection.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.