Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :)

I've read really good things about B3, I purchased a bottle from lotion crafters. Is it effective at all to use B3 as a lightning lotion? I wanted to try a mixture of B3 and Jergens ultra healing lotion. I'm just fuzzy on the measurement aspect.

How many teaspoons are recommended of B3 for a 2 oz lotion? Thanks so much!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What percentage is good to lighten my knees and underarms and perhaps maybe the rest of my body except my face, once those areas blend with my natural color. Also is jergens ultra healing lotion good to use as a base for b3? Thank you

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
I don't know. That would be something for you to research. I hope that you recognize that any lightening with B3 will take several months, at the least. I'd look at the supplier to see what the recommended usage rate is. I'm not sure what base would be best.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
B3 has a recommended usage rate of 1-3%. I use it at 5% in a commercial product. It is water soluble. I would not go higher than 5%. Keep in mind that various actives have different percentages that the are optimally used at. Also, remember to keep pH in mind.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Thank you very much for replying! 5% it shall be! 
Hey there! I'm planning to do this exact same thing with jergens and b3. How did this workout and what were the calculations you used after for the 5% niacinamide 2 oz lotion? I'm thinking about making a 5 oz with the DIY percentage calculator or goatees formula Thanks!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I have kojie San soap on order and instead I would like to make a 5% niacinamide and 5% licorice extract with 90 jergens lotion as a base! doss this sound safe and effective or is it too potent? I am going to use this after 3 months of exfoliating to help Remove a stubborn permatan if it still remains. Is 5% of the two ingredients too much . I could do 5% niacinamide and 2 or 3% licorice extract. It i could just ditch the licorice extract and do a 5% niacinamide and 95% jergens base! Any help is greatly appreciated

1 - 9 of 9 Posts