Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone:

By now you've all figured out that if I'm here, I must be a newbie. Actually I stumbled onto this site by accident. That was hours ago and I've been so intrigued by what I'm reading, I decided to register.

I've been interested in DIY skincare products for ages, but haven't a clue where to begin or what to buy or even how to go about mixing the stuff. Is there anyone out there who can guide me in this direction.

My face needs all the help it can get. I'm 67, retired, and find skincare has almost become a losing battle. I've always gotten compliments on my skin, but the past year I see a general dullness along with the formation of dark spots. It doesn't look dewy or lustrous any longer and a few wrinkles are beginning to form---eek. Can anyone help? Can anything help?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Number one above all things, find you a sunscreen, that you can wear on a daily basis. If you can find one with a moisturizer, then you can skip that part of your routine. Sounds like you have what is called, sun spots, basically hyperpigmentation. Olay Spf 30 is a decent daily sunscreen.

If I were you, I would go for a glycolic acid peel or cream. I would also, recommend a vitamn c serum. You can make your own, and it would be so cost effective. If you need a simple receipe for this, let me know. Vitamin C virtually wiped out my hyperpigmentation.

Do you know what your skin type is?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts