Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone i would like to know has anyone tried the product cynergy tk to help reduce wrinkles..?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Petey as far as i know most people on the site are using retin a and vit c serum to help with wrinkles and lines,i think that massaging the line seems to be effective too

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a question for you, How long have they been there, Are you a squinter, Age related? ETC because all this will play a part in what could or would be effective for you. Deep Forehead lines could be due to bone loss as you age and the collagen and elastin braking down. If it if heredity would only play about a 10% effect on this. To actually get rid of them, think seriously. A cream is only going to effect the epidermis a true forehead line or furrows are in the dermis of your skin. This is why people are telling you botox which would work for a few months then they would return. Chemical peel would take longer and be effective with the correct strenghth and chemical combination. Home care is essential for this along with IPL, LED red light treatments also. $$$$ is a factor. So let me know more about them to try and not get them worse over the years. STAY OUT OF THE SUN!!!!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have a question for you, How long have they been there, Are you a squinter, Age related? ETC because all this will play a part in what could or would be effective for you.
Good questions C Shell. Hope Petey answers them.
I have been using a Glycolic Acid cream on my forehead and it has made a noticeable difference, but it has taken about three months or so!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
If it if heredity would only play about a 10% effect on this.
C Shell - good post with helpful suggestions. But I think that heredity plays a much greater role. I have little visible aging in my face, except for the start of some sagging in the lower half, vs. which I am doing facial exercises which have helped alot.

The only lines that I have are a couple on my forehead - which are the start of what my dad a serious case of. In addition to the exercises, I am using Retin-A and Vit C serum - and these have softened the lines somewhat over the past nine months or so. They may never be eliminated but at least they have not gotten worse and I have not developed additional lines.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Good questions C Shell. Hope Petey answers them.
I have been using a Glycolic Acid cream on my forehead and it has made a noticeable difference, but it has taken about three months or so!
Gailn - how often are you using the GA - and what % is it? I have some but have not been too regular with it.

Hey - I love the encouraging words that you use as your slogans! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
C shell its intersting that you mention thinning of the bones, cause i know with myself for example since having arthritis i def had bone thinning, my doctor at the time did not think this was anything to worry but is prepared to help me with whatever, um may be i should talk to him about this again

in the article though i was reading the other day about collegan etc, it did say that to help with collegan in the skin it is important to keep your weight stable, not to loose weight as this can reduce the amount of collegan that we have in the body, and also to eat fatty foods, the thinner ones face is apparently the quicker it might age apparently

·
Registered
19 Posts
IlunNY I didn't say thinning because bones don't thin out. They actually became elongated so to speak that is why things like EMS (electric muscle stimulation) can be effective to reeducate and help tighten muscles like with lifting weights. You would do microcurrent at incertion and excertion of a muscle to help with the muscle. Keep in mind that the 10% rule for genetic inheritance also has a lot to do with the where you were raised, how you have lives your life. Our Ancesters worked in the blazing sun NO sunprotection and most of the time no creams of lotions. Also depending on which partens genes you were inherited more. Aging has so many factors to keep in mind along with extrinsic and intrinsic factors. Don't you just love aging and all the conversation. The media is a funny thing, they like to manipulate it to help Sell, Sell, Sell.!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Gailn - how often are you using the GA - and what % is it? I have some but have not been too regular with it.

Hey - I love the encouraging words that you use as your slogans! Thanks!
I've been using 'Glycoderma' once a day, at night. It is a 25% glycolic acid cream. Have just finished the jar and it says to use for 3 months and that's about how long it lasted. I'll give it a break for a while now and let my face rest with lots of moisturizer.

Thanx for commenting about the slogans! I've had a hard time the last couple of years and sometimes it's the little things that help you get through.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
thanks for the info c shell, as far as what we inherit from parents oh yes im sure a lot of stuff we do but however as far as the aging process im not sure about this one, my mum suffered a lof of stress so aged quite quickly late in life and as far as myself is concenered i would pretty much say i have both bad qualities of my parents and good, you know what though if you were to look at each of my 4 sisters you would never think we are related as none of us look alike, but yet we all have the same parents

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
IlunNY I didn't say thinning because bones don't thin out. They actually became elongated so to speak
that is why things like EMS (electric muscle stimulation) can be effective to reeducate and help tighten muscles like with lifting weights.
WAH? Bones become elongated? Can you clarify? Because my understanding of the ageing of bone is that it demineralizes and weakens. This wouldn't make it elongate.

Also, this electrical muscle stimulator doesn't really build any muscle, since you would need resistance against something to do that, "like with lifting weights". It could help with someone with Bell's palsy where the muscle is flaccid from lack of enervation. But most of us don't need a device to tone up our faces, just a simple set of facial exercises!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
19 Posts
LOL, EMS is for muscle reeducation. not bones at all. I guess i should re-read what I right. SORRY, I believe your right. EMS is used in skin care prior to facial massage to help with muscle tonification. Like facal exercises.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
OK, but facial exercises work against resistance to build and firm the muscles and add volume to the face where it was saggy and aged looking and gaunt.

The EMS doesn't do this. It only tones the muscle. So it isn't anything like facial exercises. At least not the kind that actually do anything. This explains it better than I can:

Facial Exercise: Straight answers to frequently asked questions.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Isn't sagging and gaunt looking like the facial muscle has stretched out (elongated). So the EMS or Micro current goes at incertion and excertion of a muscle that pulse is suppose to reeducate it to tone up or tighten that muscle. I will go onto that site thanx! And check out facial exercises.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Shell, my understanding of facial muscle sag is that the muscle has lost volume AND tone due to a number of factors. So yes, the EMS would help with tone, but not with volume.

The aged face looks like everything has slid south. The cheeks become jowls. This can be helped by building up the cheek musculature, as well as that of the rest of the face, so that it supports the face again! The entire face gets worked so that it becomes rounded and resilient again instead of gaunt and saggy. The skin is attached to the muscles by way of connective tissue so it gets drawn up as well.

I hope you will look at the facial exercise site that I posted! It has such good information. I was the #1 skeptic about it until I saw what it could do for me! I figured, "Why not? What do I have to lose? It can't get any worse!"

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
Check out the Safetox thread on EDS. Toby's before and after pic's are amazing! I'd buy this "Wonder Woman" machine, but alas I'm 'po.

Anyone Heard Of Safetox?
Oh my I can see it now. Me walking around my house with that device on my head. My family would really think I had lost my mind-

What is the US price lucy do you know? I am going to go and read on that thread, and see what they have to say about it. I have heard of Safetox before just never saw a picture of it. Too funny!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
That's just goofy! Why would you need to buy a device when doing an exercise will achieve the same result? This device only works one or two sets of muscles, the ones that lift the forehead and contract the back of the scalp.

[quote from the web page for Safetox]"Educating the face with Safetox makes it possible to control and improve the movement of these “good” muscles.
An active facelift effect is achieved, drawing the scalp and ears backwards in order to tighten the skin on the face and opening it up to leave the face looking younger, more beautiful and radiant. Tension lines are gone and wrinkles are significantly reduced."

Come on ppl! You don't need a silly thing on your head to exercise those muscles! Just your two hands.http://www.flexeffect.com/muscles.htm

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 39 Posts