Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am a 35 year-old woman and I am new to this forum,
Until 6 month ago, I looked about 10 years younger, probably thanks to a healthy diet, very limited sun-exposure and no drinking or smoking.

Sadly, life has been really tough for me over the last year; I have been through a lot of pain and had to deal with emotional trauma. I have been taking care of the psychological aspect of my pain with the help of therapy.

Now, I need to do something about my face to feel better. I still don't have much wrinkles, but I look older than my age now. My face looks like it has collapsed, melted; my eyes and cheeks have became hollow, my jaw line has lost its definition. It is very hard for me to have to deal with the feeling of having lost my face, on top of the pain I had to go through. When I look at myself in the mirror, all I can see is the "scars" of the suffering I've been enduring. Anyway, I am not here to complain, but to ask for advice.

I've always been good at taking care of my skin, but I've never had any professional skin treatment. Over the last week, I've been trying to find something not invasive and not too expensive to tighten my face, I've looked out there what is available, but it is hard to find what could work. Oxygen mask? Micro-current?

Do you have any suggestions? Have you been through the same fast-aging problem? Did you find something that worked? Thank you for your advice.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Welcome Verlef

I am sorry to hear you are enduring such a difficult time. I honestly believe before you try and fix the outside, you need to try to work on the inside first. The outside will start to adapt, as soon as you start to get healthy on the inside. Make sure you are eating well, drinking plenty of water, invest in some good vitamins. A mulit-vitamin, Vit C, maybe even a B complelx. And last but not least get plenty or rest!! If you are stressed on the inside it is going to show on the outside, and this is probably why your skin is looking the way you have discribed.

Making sure you are wearing a sunscreen is probably the most important in trying to prevent fine lines and wrinkle. A Vit C serum would be next along with a good moisturizer.

There are lots of things we could recommend to you for your skin, but none of this will help, if you are not taking care of yourself on the inside. I am glad you are getting professional help as well, this will only make you a stronger person, and your skin will benefit from this as well.

I wish you only the best!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your supportive and sweet replies to my post.

I must say that I have been using sunscreen everyday for the last 10 years, and I have been taking multi-vitamin, b-vitamin and omega 3 daily for the last 5 years. I have also been practicing facial exercise since about 5 years, I sleep as much as I can. I have also been using top skin care products for a long time. I think I have been doing everything right for a long time which is why I still don't have much wrinkles; my main problem is my "flesh itself that has all of a sudden like melted.

I agree with both of you that taking care of the inside is the most important thing, and this is why I am doing it. As I said, I am in therapy, working on my issue. I am also being supported by my family and friends in a wonderful way.

Still, what I really need is advice on what could revive my skin, what could improve its firmness that would NOT be surgical, but as natural as possible, or at least non-invasive. Thanks for your suggestions and advice. As much as working on the inside will help me feel better, looking better would also help me feel better. Thanks for your help!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi Verlef!
Hope things are going better for you now.
Grief takes its toll, that's for sure.
Good that you are taking care of yourself! Are you getting enough protein? That can show up in muscle wasting and the gaunt look.

Great that you do facial exercise!! Which program are you doing and are you seeing good results? I do FlexEffect and have seen good results since starting in July 08. I found out that the massage component of the programs is just as important as the exercise part as far as building tissue and plumping up the skin. I really get in there and work it!

Let us know what is helping you now.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Verley

You should try MF3. It is a suplement for anti aging, tissues regeneration and rejunevation, giving you not just beautiful skin with vibrant vitality, but also a regenerated younger, healtier you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I"m still using it until now, I'm happy with the result. It is expensive, but if you trying anything at the end u end up the same price which is not sure with the result. MF3 is like a DIY treatment for your skin. if you intersted i wil give you the contact number.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi there,

Iâ€2122m so very sorry that life has been hard this last year and it can take its toll on your face. This is because stress triggers the release of CORTISOL which weakens the immune system. Your skin becomes prone to irritation and inflammation.

Treat your self to some facials. These will help relax muscles and tone your skin.

CACI: [Computer Aided Cosmetology Instrument] is something to consider. A micro-electric current is passed through muscles. It helps to tone them.

OXYGEN THERAPY: These include oxygen-based creams and oxygen facials.

In addition, you could have a gentle skin peel. If you have fine lines and your skin is dull, a superficial peel will leave your complexion much brighter.

What about exercise? I recommend bouncing on a mini-rebounder which can help bring blood to the face and is claimed to help prevent sagging. You will increase your oxygen uptake and improve your complexion.
I hope you feel better soon,

Best of luck

redrose

PS: On a personal note I had CACI only last year and paid for a course of 6 treatments. I found the current painful on the top of my face where it meets the hair-line. I had two treatments and then the therapist suggested we not continue. She said that because I do not have much facial fat, the current was causing me pain. She refunded me the cost of the remaining 4 treatments.
However, many people swear by CACI and claim good results. My advice is not to pay for a course of treatments because I was lucky that my therapist was kind enough to give me a refund.
Try one first and see how you go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello ,

Thank you so much for your advice and support.

I am happy to say that my skin is starting to look better than when I first posted my message.

I got a lot of rest—I am usually the kind of person doing tons of things at once. I also treated myself with a couple of facials on top of carrying on with my usual skincare routine.

What else? I am doing a lot of gentle massages, a bit more facial exercizing and I have been using the Sustainable Youth products (aloe vera supplement, anti-aging cream and serum). I like these a lot.

I also bought the anti-aging Tanda starter kit. It is a bit pricey but much cheaper than 12 sessions of micro-current or light therapy in a SPA. I have taken some pictures before, and I am curious to compare them with after pics I will make sure to take.
I must say that I stared to use the Tanda on Friday (3 days ago), and I already see a difference. Don't get me wrong, I don't look like I am 20 again, but I had a couple of acne scar that were taking for ever to heal and there are now gone. The device definitely has an effect as you can feel it in your skin. I am very impatient to see if this is going to really improve my overall appearance beyond just boosting the natural healing of my skin as it already had. I will share the results with you.

Verlef

PS: I must say on a psychological point of view I am doing much better, I back to normal.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hi all,

I am a 35 year-old woman and I am new to this forum,
Until 6 month ago, I looked about 10 years younger, probably thanks to a healthy diet, very limited sun-exposure and no drinking or smoking.

Sadly, life has been really tough for me over the last year; I have been through a lot of pain and had to deal with emotional trauma. I have been taking care of the psychological aspect of my pain with the help of therapy.

Now, I need to do something about my face to feel better. I still don't have much wrinkles, but I look older than my age now. My face looks like it has collapsed, melted; my eyes and cheeks have became hollow, my jaw line has lost its definition. It is very hard for me to have to deal with the feeling of having lost my face, on top of the pain I had to go through. When I look at myself in the mirror, all I can see is the "scars" of the suffering I've been enduring. Anyway, I am not here to complain, but to ask for advice.

I've always been good at taking care of my skin, but I've never had any professional skin treatment. Over the last week, I've been trying to find something not invasive and not too expensive to tighten my face, I've looked out there what is available, but it is hard to find what could work. Oxygen mask? Micro-current?

Do you have any suggestions? Have you been through the same fast-aging problem? Did you find something that worked? Thank you for your advice.
What other products are you currently using?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts