Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can you all tell me? Good investment or not? Which one should I buy, the RED light or hte BLUE light adn whats teh difference between them

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
The fawnster will answer all of your questions if someone else doesn't beat her to it LnL. She is the
of Baby Quasar-

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Oh yeah it's a nifty gadget and I wouldn't give mine up for anything LnL!
The BabyBlue is for acne...the blue wavelenghs kill bacteria
The BabyRed is for ageing and inflammation. Many studies have been done proving LEDs stimulate collagen production and I personally have seen good results since I started using it in 2007 in terms of "plushness" of my skin. Is that a word? The LED plumps it up and makes it firmer and more moisturized. I use my own concoction of Aloe vera and green tea to counteract any supposed free radical damage from the lights.

Quasar Light Therapy

Photo Rejuvenation Infrared LED Light Therapy anti-aging products - FAQ questions and answers DPL system discount sale special

There are many many LED devices out there for photorejuvenation so you really need to do your homework and figure out how much you want to spend.

I use BabyQ, Kassy uses AALS(anti-aging light stim) and we each love ours.

Alex at the quasarpro.com site is very accessible and willing to answer questions and troubleshoot.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've only had my Baby Q (Blue and Red) about a week and so far I LOVE it. I have suffered with acne my whole life and have used many different oral and topical prescriptions over the years that never worked.
So far I have seen an improvement. I used Baby Blue twice so far and the red light twice. My skin is far from perfect but I am feeling optimistic for the first time in my life. FYI I'm 38 and so tired of dealing with bad skin. I'll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fawnie, what do you have to say about this : "The Baby Blue's wavelengths of natural light produce free radicals that kill the bacteria upon contact" that sounds more harmful than beneficial towards the skin but reassure me please.

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Using a non-opaque anti-oxidant serum such as the Feroxâ„¢ + green tea extract with the treatment hopefully provides protection LnL - that's what I do in addition to using the C+E+ferulic+jojoba serum daily. I was reading about this here:

Study: LED Light And Green Tea Cream Smooth Facial Wrinkles

FYI, Freddy and Dragonlilly also use the BabyBlue for acne and have had good results.

HTH!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
125 Posts
CherieV, please let me know if your acne improves and diminishes completely from the Baby Q.
Day 4; used Baby Blue this morning. everyday my skin looks a little better. Right now I can say the acne is better than it has been while using just topicals. I still use Diffren 3% at night

I just ordered Retin A and some different peels to see if that will help also. I am on a mission to get this under control finally. No dermatologist has ever been able to clear me up and I have spent so much $$ on them.

I feel optimistic though after reading through these forums and getting advice on what has worked well for others for both acne and anti-aging. Thanks ALL!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I was looking into this latest reincarnation of LED photorejuvenation/acne/hyperpigmentation:

The DermaWave Cubic 5 - Standard w/ Blue or Green Head*-*NCN Professional Skincare - Anti Aging Skin Care Products That Makes Your Skin Look and Act Younger

It's main claim to fame seems to be that it states it has technology that separates the various colors of wavelengths so that they don't conflict with each other during a treatment (this is my interpretation of it). I asked Alex @QuasarPro about this and he told me that the BabyQ has always had the SequePulseâ„¢ technology that does the very same thing.

BabyQ (red or blue) = $349
DermaWave (two colors) = $1995

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
125 Posts
FYI, I bought my Baby Quasar power pack from the spalook site. They threw up a 20% off everything on the site one day and I nabbed it for about $550

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Is one brand better than the other, they all do the same thing. Right?
Wellllllllll sort of. There are certain specifications they have to meet to be effective. There is a loooooooooong discussion on EDS about it. It has a lot to do with LED bulbs per sq inch and what the colors are of the wavelengths. For anti-aging you would want amber, red, infrared IMO.

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Fawnie i hav my eyes on this one.

Anti Aging | Powerpack | FDA Approved DPL LED Anti-Aging WRINKLE Skin Therapy System Pain Relief Light

wat r ur thoughts on this. i thought Baby Q was too small n will take more time to do whole face or other body parts if one wants to do them as well.
price wise they r both almost same if i buy only red Baby Q.
I'm no expert at all mab, but here's a verylong thread discussing the merits of various LEDs:
How do I decide on a LED device?

to tell you the truth I haven't read thru it all yet myself.

The size of the BabyQ head is fine for me...it has to do with capturing the lightwaves and putting them on the skin. The "notebook" devices are nice but I don't feel like they concentrate the light enough for my taste. The BabyQ rests right ON your skin trapping the light in a small area.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts