Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok....I finally ordered and received my order of Taz Cream 0.1%, I also ordered Tretinoin Gel 0.1% and Tret 0.05%. from ADC (I ordered last Saturday and received today, pretty quick!!!!) I have been using the GCream since April, with minimal results, so I am anxious to see if I get any with the retin. Please advise me on how and when to use. Do I wash in the evening then wait the 20 minutes like I did with the Green Cream, also how much should I start with and do I moisturize with it......and If i do can I mix the moisturizer with the cream????just want to make sure I dont burn my skin..... also which one should I start with. I only ordered the different strengths, since shipping was so expensive....

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Peri!!!!!! That was chock full of info..... it answered every question I asked in my previous post!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Here's an interesting post today over at immort.org by the skin guru over there.

Ok to apply moisturizer on top of Retin-A after 2 hours? - ImmInst Forums

I've thought for awhile that not using any moisturizer, etc. after tretinoin was probably ideal, but have not really read anything to back that up. Just some sites saying to use it alone. I might start using my DIY antioxidant serum/moisturizer (non vit.C) and or copper peptides around 1 hour after I apply my tretinoin.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Definitely use moisturiser with retin-a. There are so many "eggshells" that seem to be walked on with retin-a use but in reality the retin-a today is a very stable compound and will not be rendered ineffective by using the average moisturiser and if anything it compliments it, especially in the beginning of treatment.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Definitely use moisturiser with retin-a. There are so many "eggshells" that seem to be walked on with retin-a use but in reality the retin-a today is a very stable compound and will not be rendered ineffective by using the average moisturiser and if anything it compliments it, especially in the beginning of treatment.
Is the issue really the stability of the Retin-A? I personally do not use moisturizer before or after it because I do not want to dilute the drug in my skin. If I apply 0.1% - I want the benefit 0.1% and not the effects of a lesser concentration because I have diluted it with a moisturizer.

But then, as Peri said, there are good arguments on both sides. I tend to go for the conservative approach in most things, so I prefer the Retin-A "straight-up" as they say.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for responding to my post.....Lexi do you buffer it, or wait the hour and then moisturize??? just curious

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Here's an interesting post today over at immort.org by the skin guru over there.

Ok to apply moisturizer on top of Retin-A after 2 hours? - ImmInst Forums

I've thought for awhile that not using any moisturizer, etc. after tretinoin was probably ideal, but have not really read anything to back that up. Just some sites saying to use it alone. I might start using my DIY antioxidant serum/moisturizer (non vit.C) and or copper peptides around 1 hour after I apply my tretinoin.
Thanks for that peri- very interesting I must say-

I have applied my RA all sorts of ways. Without any moisturizer, with moisturizer, and I always get the same effect. So I am a believer it doesn't matter when you apply it, or what you do after you apply, just do it!! I do always wait about 30 minutes after I apply it, to apply anything else.

Last night I applied my CP serum after my RA, no problems yet-
will let you know if I notice any. I am only doing it every other night for now.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fawnie, I, as always was looking forward to your words of wisdom

guess you got tired of all my past questions
lol

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Thanks for that peri- very interesting I must say-

I have applied my RA all sorts of ways. Without any moisturizer, with moisturizer, and I always get the same effect. So I am a believer it doesn't matter when you apply it, or what you do after you apply, just do it!! I do always wait about 30 minutes after I apply it, to apply anything else.

Last night I applied my CP serum after my RA, no problems yet-
will let you know if I notice any. I am only doing it every other night for now.
Sounds good.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was being honest....she like the rest of you always shares her thoughts, suggestions etc. I look forward to hearing from each of you, I was just stating that I missed her comments. In the past I drove her (and probably everyone else CRAZY with the DIY c serum) so I meant she was probably "done" with me....but I was honestly only joking see the LOL at the end. Meant no harm by it at all.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I was being honest....she like the rest of you always shares her thoughts, suggestions etc. I look forward to hearing from each of you, I was just stating that I missed her comments. In the past I drove her (and probably everyone else CRAZY with the DIY c serum) so I meant she was probably "done" with me....but I was honestly only joking see the LOL at the end. Meant no harm by it at all.
You posted your question and then your comment within 3 hours, which included the dinner hour (in CST). That just seems unreasonable to me, and then to single her out for not responding prompty within that window seems unfair to me.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Fawnie, I, as always was looking forward to your words of wisdom

guess you got tired of all my past questions
lol
No Mom! I didn't get tired of any questions!! It's just that so many other ppl here have all the right answers too!!!! Did you get the answers you were looking for???

I see Buckwheat is gone.......=( Miss that little guy!!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I WAS ONLY KIDDING.......no harm intended.....I was joking....I did not mean for it to be taken so seriously....sorrrryyyyyyy I am truly not understanding why you took me so serious and got so defensive.....gooooosssshh I meant absolutely no harm....i was only joking trust me

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes Fawnie...thank you I was only joking in my previous post, as I think you know that already.....I do enjoy reading your advice....I buffered the taz, I went back in my previous questions and saw that you mentioned that the taz was pretty strong and "tore your skin apart" so I figured I would start out slow...thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts