Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

I'm a 19 yr old male and i need some help with skin care. first of all I'm using the brand "SIMPLE" for everything at the moment (cleanser, toner, moisturizer), but i only used this as a starting point. now i'm trying to refine the products that i use to suit my skin more, but i dont know how :p (also, i would prefer mostly natural products)

I have combination skin that is mainly normal except for my fore head, nose, and chin. my nose is my problem area as it is very oily and the pores have become very large. is there a product out there that can tighten pores? because they never used to be this big!
Secondly, what should i do when i get pimples? is there a good natural pimple cream out there that i should be using?
Thirdly, does any body have any experience with L'Oreal Paris men expert products? and would you recommended any of them?

I also need a good all body cleanser and moisturizer. i was thinking maybe a Radox body wash and a nivea moisturizer. any good?

Thanx for any help that you can give!

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Hi jdt, for your oily skin, large pore issue, try using a clay based face mask once a week.

I am not familiar with the brand Simple, but if you are happy with it, stick with it. I like the brand Juice Beauty.

As far as the men's line I can't help ya there-

Also, the nivea it is a great lotion, but so are a few of the Gold Bond lotion. I am using the Gold Bond restoring lotion and like it a lot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx for your help!

would you recommend the body shop's Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask? or is there a better clay mask out there?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ok i'm going to break this down in sections for your questions so here we go

Pore help - This one has more to do with genetics than most people think so with proper care you can reduce the size but you won't be able to fully get them to where you want to be most likely....besides your skin kind of needs them to breathe
. But try mixing sugar with aloe vera (alcohol-free aloe gel will do) and lime and use that to scrub and exfoliate your face. Wash you face with water or with a mild cleanser once you feel the sugar has dissolved and make sure to do this every night. This should help

A natural pimple cream - Most effective over the counter creams use benzoyl peroxide which helps big time but you want to stay o naturale sooooo its best to do this in a preventative fashion. Remember that what goes in is a good indication of what's going to show up on the outside. So make sure to drink lots of water and juices, and eat healthy food. But when a pimple pops up, rub crushed garlic cloves on the skin, it should reduce swelling as well as cure the pimple. Another great homemade recipe is to mix one teaspoon of lemon juice with one teaspoon of ground cinnamon. So try those out

Men's body moisturizing - This one's a toughy since I have a chemist that makes the stuff i use but a lot of my friends use ZIRH (spelling?) moisturizer for men that they pick up at Sephora and they say it works really well.

Hope this helped

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
thanx for your help!

would you recommend the body shop's Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask? or is there a better clay mask out there?
Yes, this one looks good to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts