Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. Just feeling a bit down, disillusioned and dissapointed. I keep reading everyone's success stories, and keep waiting for something to happen for me. I really need some hope. I know I have a lot of damage to undo and that it could take a long time, but after almost four weeks, is it normal to see nothing at all yet? In fact all I seem to have done is undone the one to two shades lighter I got using the Meladerm. I seem to be back to my old orangey tone which I hate SO much. What am I doing wrong. I am being fastidious with my routine and I can honestly say the sun has not touched my face in all this time. I got really excited the other day driving home with the aircon on my face as I could see distinct white patches, but as soon as I got home they were gone. Why when there's cool air on my face? Please guys, can you reassure me that something will happen soon?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Karenannev! I noticed your absence & just assumed you were too busy to pop in as much. As for it taking time, this is not unusual. As you said, you have a lot to undo. Have you been seen & tested by an endocrinologist? If you have active melasma, it may be regenerating as fast as you can zap it. There is also a medical condition (actually several) that can increase melanin productions. There have been white people who've gone from a Fitz I to a V due to more severe cases of Addison's disease. I am NOT sating this to scare or discourage you but to empower you. It may be more than just sun damage. The birth control pill & HRT cause this in some people too. Pleasde make sure you've ruled out other possibilities lest you find yourself frustrated bec you're only treating part of the problem. 4 weeks is not long. With this regimen, Derms say that if you don't see results after 3 months, to discontinue use. Then, they try other options like tinkering with dosage etc. I can reassure you that this regimen has worked well for many people. If you are not getting adverse reactions to it, that already is encouraging. Some people can NEVER adjust to RA. Please keep in touch here because you have 24/7 access to people all over the planet (you are literally half the earth away from me!)who will hear you out, empathize & encourage you. We also won't get tired of you if you panic or complain! You are by no means alone.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ondine. I knew I could count on you for your expert advice. I doubt I have melasma as I have never taken the pill, and I don't have those brown patches at all. Just this all over darkness, orangeness. I'll have a read up about Addison's disease when I get home from work today. I almost wish that that is what my problem is as there may be a solution! I'm just so confused and I know there is paler skin under there. When I was using Meladerm, after about two months, even though my skin still had lots of damage, it was the palest I ever remember it being. Then it just stopped working. But that makes me think there is hope for me. I just don't get it. And you know after I wash my face in the morning, I see patches of paler colour but then it just disappears. Do you think maybe using too much HQ could be a problem? I mean probably two or three pea size amounts on my face? This morning I used about half that much. I don't know. I just want this to work so badly. Thanks so much for being there for me. A appreciate it more than I can say

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
With HQ, you can use a little more than with RA. Plastering on tons of it won't make it work faster: 4% is 4% & it doesn't become 8% if you use 2x as much if it in one shot. TIME & PATIENCE are going to be qualities you'll have to cultivate (this getting the skin you want & 2 good personality traits in the bargain!). Eventually, all that orange left over tan will be GONE.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Don't worry Karenannev, I haven't been up here as much lately either and I have missed out on so much info. I have been busier lately but also dissapointed that my skin wasn't getting lighter. But, now I have received my hq and the ra and am excited.

Patience is something I have to work on as I had wondered if I apply hq 4% extra, would it then become 8%. I'm going to try and stick with this for 3 months and see how much my skin lightens.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Patience is always rewarded...so just maintain an optimistic attitude.

For anything to really work effectively, it always takes time. I havent tried any lightening yet but I have battled recurring acne my entire life up until a year ago. It took a full year to get me to where I am today and it was absolutely worth it.

So, dont lose hope.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much all of you! I do feel a bit better tonight. I am determined that this is going to work. It just has to. And I know I have to be patient. I just wish I had a crystal ball and could see into the future and know. Then I could relax and be patient. It really has only been not quite four weeks so it is VERY early days yet and I have years of damage. Eternal, good luck and don't let the early days of irritation put you off. That is one good thing that I've gotten on top of
. You are right, Bella786 about the optimistic attitude. I promise I'll be more optimistic from now on. And patient, patient, patient! Thanks again guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts