Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you can give me some advice concerning my skin. I never had acne as a teenager, but I do suffer now with adult acne. It has left some marks on my skin that have faded some what, but are still there. I also have oily skin (with large pores) and very uneven skin tone. I have read so many posts about how beneficial retin can be for some. I have never used it before. I do wash with Alpha Hydroxy, use eye cream, moisturize, neck cream etc. I was wondering if I should give the green cream a try, then maybe work my way up to Retin. I do not have sensitive skin and seem to tolerate most creams.

Do you think based on my skin that I may benefit from this cream?? I had never heard of this cream before this forum... I am very much open to any and all advice. Thank you in advance....

·
Administrator
33,772 Posts
If you wash with AH, you can probably tolerate the green cream. What you should do is order a few samples, try it first. See if your skin does ok. Having oily skin and large pores, in my opinion, yes you could benefit from the green cream. They have their own site/forum, where you can read and learn alot more about the product.

I use both green cream and Retin-A. Not at the same time. I alternate between the 2. I too suffered from adult acne.
It is a bummer to be an adult and have to still be battleing with that!

Advanced Skin Technology

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you..that is what I will do. Yes it really does stink to get acne as an adult. On top of all the the other wonderful things that happen as we get older, add acne to it and boy that makes for some great skin!!!!!!

LOL

·
Administrator
33,772 Posts
Thank you..that is what I will do. Yes it really does stink to get acne as an adult. On top of all the the other wonderful things that happen as we get older, add acne to it and boy that makes for some great skin!!!!!!

LOL
Yep!!! I hear ya!!! I never had acne as a teen either. Got it in my late 20's. Battled it for so long. I have tried EVERYTHING from products, to topicals, antibiotics, laser treatments, microderm, the list goes on. Finally, at 39 I went on Accutane. I know Accutane, isn't for everyone, but it worked for me. I wish I had bit the bullet and done it years ago!! Adult acne is usually hormonal. If you break out from your cheeks down, they say its hormonal. I used to have bad cystic acne on my chin and cheek area. Hurt like h***!

If you decide to give the green cream a try, let me know how it goes for you.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already took your advice and ordered some samples!!!!!! I am looking forward to giving it a try..I should get it in a few days, I will keep you posted. Thanks again. (I also get cystic acne owwwwww how painful)

·
Administrator
33,772 Posts
yeah, I am so excited for you!
I hope you have great success with it, and yes keep me posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was wondering if you can give me some advice concerning my skin. I never had acne as a teenager, but I do suffer now with adult acne. It has left some marks on my skin that have faded some what, but are still there. I also have oily skin (with large pores) and very uneven skin tone. I have read so many posts about how beneficial retin can be for some. I have never used it before. I do wash with Alpha Hydroxy, use eye cream, moisturize, neck cream etc. I was wondering if I should give the green cream a try, then maybe work my way up to Retin. I do not have sensitive skin and seem to tolerate most creams.

Do you think based on my skin that I may benefit from this cream?? I had never heard of this cream before this forum... I am very much open to any and all advice. Thank you in advance....
Hi,

I haven't tried the green cream so I can't comment on that, but I can highly recommend the Retin-A since it cured my adult acne. At the beginning of the treatment I think I was also taking antibiotics, short term, for cystic acne. I tried everything - OTC and prescription topical ointments, but the Retin-A 1% cream was the only thing that cured it. I also had prescription strength Benzyl (sp) peroxide for occasional breakouts. It also helped with scarring.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bagless,

I am glad to hear that it worked so well for you...I will give the green cream a try first and see how that goes. Good to know I can always try the Retin A if this doesn't help..

Everybody has been so helpful!!! Thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts