Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'm here to get info on how to safely and effectively lighten my complexion and even my skin tone. I've reviewed the site and it's great! You all have such wondferful insight.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Welcome and you will find lots of nice folks here to help and guide you.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Hi amfreyu and a big welcome from me too. Like a lot of us on here I am using the HQ (hydroquinone)/RA (Retin-A) mix. After one month, it is starting to work really well for me. Have a read of the thread 'From Lauryn to Mariah' to learn about the best/cheapest/safest way to lighten your skin. It really does work for a lot of us on here. Please ask if you have any questions. We are all more than willing to give advice.

Word of warning: This site is highly addictive

·
Registered
23 Posts
HI friends hop every one will fine & happy any way i got something new here that if you use
pappaya with some drops of clove oil & some drops of lemon makes your skin fair and white just try it .good lok

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
HI friends hop every one will fine & happy any way i got something new here that if you use
pappaya with some drops of clove oil & some drops of lemon makes your skin fair and white just try it .good lok
is this papaya soap like LIKAS or natural ingredient.. ? Will this work for darker skin or already pale?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I have read that there are papaya skin recipes that can help brighten and even the skin and remove acne because of the papain in it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for replying and welcoming me. Have any of you heard of Urist Cosmetics? They have lightening products that seem promising. I've read somethings about Zyalight, it's in a cream called Fade Out. Supposedly, Rhianna has used it, but I'm sure she used a potent version. Oh, what about Swiss Care Glutathione soap?

Where can I get the HQ and Retin A for around $15 (I saw that price in another post). I'm ready to get started. Does it burn? How will it affect my appearance when I start? I'm concerned about the agressive peeling...digusting looking?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Hi again amfreyu, I don't know anything about what you mentioned in your first para, but I would say just stick with the HQ/RA which really is proven to work. Anything else out there is just trying to imitate HQ, and most are no where near as strong. I buy mine from alldaychemist.com which has RA for under $2.00 and HQ a similar price. Their shipping is $25 but if you order in bulk, it works out unbelievably inexpensive.

Retin-A comes in three strengths: 0.025%, 0.05% and 0.1%. Depending on how sensitive your skin is, you could start with the 0.025 or go for the medium strength which is more than enough for most people, and which is what I use.

You will have a week or two when your skin will probably look really red and you will peel like crazy. You must remember that this is a GOOD thing. You have a lot of layers of built up dead skin which must come off to start the lightening process. Gradually this will subside and there are lots of different ways to keep the flakes away. I gently roll mine off in a hot steamy shower each morning and use Likas Papaya soap to make sure there is nothing left, and have absolutely no flakes during the day. Have a look through the posts to find other methods used. A lot of people swear by this:

Microfiber Cleansing Cloth*-*NCN Professional Skincare - Anti Aging Skin Care Products That Makes Your Skin Look and Act Younger

I haven't actually tried it myself but it is supposed to be amazing.

I've found a fantastic way to take all of the redness away too. I use Invisible Zinc sunblock which completely calms any redness so my face looks completely normal now, despite all the fantastic stuff happening underneath

http://www.ganehill.com.au/

I'm sure there are lots of other things to use to calm redness too. It it is really bad, you can use a mild over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream during the worst first days.

http://www.ganehill.com.au/

I say go for it! You won't look back.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Kaenannev. I'll try your suggestions.
I've gone to the All Day Chemist site. Those products are pretty cheap? They're the rea deal, not some watered down versions of HQ or RA?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One more question. Why does everyone use HQ 4%. It comes in higher concentrations (6 and 10). Why not just buy a 10%?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I want to try something to lighten up quickly, then maintain. I'm sure the maintainence will allow me to go reduced levels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I knew to this site and very eager to lighten my skin but i want to do it in a safe way, I just bought NUR76 but i am very concerned as I have seen alot of bad reviews on this site... I've heard of Hydroquinone can really damage your skin once you stop using it and the results are reversed so you go back to the colour your was before.... I just want somthing that works and is safe and something that I wont have to use for the rest of my life!!! those of you that use Hydroquinone and retin A have you tried stopping for a few days to see if their are any side effects??? would you be able to upload some b4 and after pics????

can some one please help I am so desperate for something that works but I'm afraid of ruining my skin....

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Thanks Kaenannev. I'll try your suggestions.
I've gone to the All Day Chemist site. Those products are pretty cheap? They're the rea deal, not some watered down versions of HQ or RA?
They are the real deal. I thought there must have been a catch or something, but no, they are just cheap. It makes you wonder how much the companies that sell them for $30 a pop are making! That's what I used to pay for Retin-A.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Hi,

I knew to this site and very eager to lighten my skin but i want to do it in a safe way, I just bought NUR76 but i am very concerned as I have seen alot of bad reviews on this site... I've heard of Hydroquinone can really damage your skin once you stop using it and the results are reversed so you go back to the colour your was before.... I just want somthing that works and is safe and something that I wont have to use for the rest of my life!!! those of you that use Hydroquinone and retin A have you tried stopping for a few days to see if their are any side effects??? would you be able to upload some b4 and after pics????

can some one please help I am so desperate for something that works but I'm afraid of ruining my skin....
Hi Girl in black and welcome to the forum
. It's a shame you've ordered NUR76 already. If you haven't yet received it, I would try to get a refund.

As for Hydroquinone (HQ), the only evidence of it causing skin damage in the long history of its use is when it has been adulterated with mercury, steroids, and who knows what else. HQ4% when used in the correct way it completely safe, although not permanent. No skin lightening creams are permanent due to the way they work. They work by inhibiting melanin production so that when you stop of course melanin production will go back to normal. Like most things, you will need a maintenance program. No different to dying your hair really. After you reach your desired colour, you will probably only need to apply it a few times a week. No big deal really. Have a look at the following useful threads as there is a lot more information:

http://www.skincaretalk.com/skin-lig...hter-skin.html

and:

http://www.skincaretalk.com/skin-lig...an-legend.html

in case you are worried about cancer. Don't be.

I hope I've helped

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Karenannev: you are really on a 'good advice roll' great going! The more people spreading valid info, the tougher it is for scammers to deceive people.

Girl in Black: welcome to the forum! I was sad to hear that Nur76 got you too. So many people have been scammed by their overpriced junk. Before spending a dime on anything, ask here: odds are someone here has knowledge of the product. Failing that, we will research it, check the claims against the ingredients & their concentrations, check for pricing & get back to you. We also willingly share all our resources we find for products we've used & are satisfied with. Personally, I never share a resource until I've used them 2x & have been happy with them.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
There are just so many scammers out there! It makes me so mad that some of us get so ripped off. Ondine is right, definitely check on here first.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts