Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!!!

I have am thrilled to find this forum....I really have been quite impressed at how much you can learn from this site. I have a question. I am 42 yrs old and regretfully just started to take care of my skin....(no one ever told me the importance of moisturizing etc) anyway, I am hoping that it is not too late!!! I have just recently noticed my neck... not the wrinkle rings ( I wish that was my only problem) but sagging, wrinkly skin. When I turn my neck it looks even more noticeable it looks so much older than what it should be. I have read several different opinions on here, some say there is no way but surgery to correct it, others say firming exercises, some say exercises could make it worse??? I cannot afford surgery, and even if I could, I am not sure that I want to go "under" unless I absolutely had to. I worked in a medical facility and have seem many complications from surgery (not cosmetic) so that is pretty much out. Am I left to just deal with this, or can I do something to help the appearance. I started in Dec. using Oil of Olay neck night cream, used that all up, no difference, then I used Loreal neck firming cream, no results, then I tried Avon anew thermafirm, used that all up no results. I am now using Wei East white lotus neck cream, just started that so not sure if it will help ( I doubt it at this point) any suggestions would be appreciated. My routine is Wash am and pm with Alpha Hyrdox, then I tried Avon Elixir (all gone no results) I am now using Vitamin C serum brand 40 Carrots not sure how good this brand is, I also use a retinol eye cream. My skin is very oily too!! Well thank you all in advance for any helpful info.. Fawnie I have read so many of your posts and find you so helpful, I feel like I know you LOL

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Mom, It's great to hear that! thx!
Well, you already prob know what I'm going to tell you: Resistance facial exercise, sunscreen with SPF/PPD high enough, retin-a, vit c serum. It doen't happen overnite, but it helps!

some ppl are getting good results from DMAE which firms the skin!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for responding, do you think facial exercises can help my neck??? I was also thinking about retin for my oily skin which has huge pores, and left over acne marks. What do you think?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
MOm, I think it's worth the effort to try facial exercises! Unfortunately, the neck takes a lot of effort and time to see results. How our posture is has a lot to do with the look of our necks too. Do you sit with your shoulders slumped and neck sagging? Hold your head up, shoulders down and neck long and then see how it affects the neck!

Do the Kiss the Sky exercise every day for 10 times each and see if it starts to help:

Bend your head back as far as you can comfortably
Hold the skin of your neck down as though you were strangling yourself
Open your mouth wide and smile
Bring your chin up and out as you close your mouth - keep smiling! Don't purse your lips - just smile for this one.
Move your chin up and down as though you were biting someone 7 times.

Don't you feel the pull in the front of your neck? You want to firm that area up!

Relax your neck. Repeat 10 times. Massage well after exercising to increase circulation. A nice oil like rosehip seed oil works or any oil you like.

Here's another one: (this is the best jawline/jowl exercise I know of!)

Lea Eigard - Chin Up Facial Exercises

Hope this might help you!! Please let us know!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you!!!! you sure can feel the tightening when you do those, I will def. try those and let you know. Thank you again..... Hello to you Freddy. I just wish I started taking better care of my skin at an earlier age. But like you said it is never too late..

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Thank you!!!! you sure can feel the tightening when you do those, I will def. try those and let you know. Thank you again..... Hello to you Freddy. I just wish I started taking better care of my skin at an earlier age. But like you said it is never too late..
Hey Mom - I encourage you to stick with the exercises and to be patient. They really do work vs. the sagging. I have been doing them for two weeks now and am starting to see some results.

Most of us wish that we had started all of this sooner - you are about 10 years ahead of me and have the advantage here of learning from the experience of others. You have alot of time to undo at least some of the aging signs you already have and to prevent or at least slow down damage in the future.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well thank you for your encouraging words.....Which exercises are you doing?? The one Fawnie posted, or a few different ones?? Are you actually seeing results in the area that is "sagging"?? I am excited to hear that they are working for you..this gives me hope..

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I started with the "kiss the sky" that Fawnie posted above, as well as the "eye exercise" that she posted elsewhere on this site (do a search). These gave me such encouragement that I ordered the FlexEffect program that she also speaks about alot.

I lost 60 pounds last year and was concerned about sagging especially in my face. I think I lost muscle as well as fat and so am also trying to build up my muscle mass and to tone up the muscle via the exercises.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts