Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have tried a lot of stuff to get rid of my age spots. I am 47 and I have had them for at least 10 years. I have tried Glycolic peels at 50%, Retin A at 1% and CP and now the newest thing............TCA peel. I got the 12.5% and dabbed it on yesterday. Waited the required 5 min and then did it again and waited 5 more min. The area around the spot is slightly red ( on one of them ) and they both appear crinkly but I am thinking now I may have needed to start with 25%. If there is someone here who has had success ridding themselves of these things that SCREAM I am in my 40's and getting older ( age spots ) please help a girl out!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
DON'T USE IT! It is not only unproven but it can leave HUGE scars! Periwinkle you may have got lucky but this is a man who was driven to Vanuatu to peddle this snake oil. It is a common remedy used in Chinese medical practioners shops in China where mole removal is big and they supervise. It is erosive and will take healhy tissue as well at times depending on where you treat. Sometimes it does JUST cause a superficial and successful reaction but at other times the scars are much worse than the growth!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
PS--He claims to have had trials in London and I assure you that no such trials ever took place, you can contact the cited references and will find this to be the case!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I have seen people who have literally gotten oozing sores from this that did not heal! It is BEC5 and is a skin corrosive agent. It does typically attack atypical cells but it can attack any cell.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Never heard of Curaderm. Went to the site but cannot find a list of ingredients. If the TCA works for me I will stick with that. My dad has those really ugly raised spots on his ears face and hands. I am trying to stop mine in their tracks before it gets worse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts