Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

Thought I would say a quick hello and introduce myself. I found this web site while looking for reviews and advice and have to say - it's great!

I live in Sydney, Australia and have relatively good skin but I am going on 38 and am conscious that unless I continue to look after myself, things will start to go down hill.

I have very fair skin and blue eyes which means I don't spend a lot of time in the sun - I go red and peel. Unfortunately I did get badly burnt about 9 years ago (fell asleep in the sun) and my dÃa9colletÃa9 has never been the same -I feel skin wise this is what lets me down - if anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

I currently use Olay for most of my skin care routine and have never had any problems - I suppose I am of the thought process that my mum looks great at 61 and she used Olay, so I followed suit! One thing I am quite useless at is taking my makeup off before I go to bed and I know that is the biggest no no - so I am endeavouring to do it religiously.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you and getting some tips!

Cheers

Ally

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Welcome Ally from Australia-

Funny my mom has only worn Oil of Olay too- she is 62. I myself don't use it, but I do love the smell.

What do you mean, when you say your decollete area has never been the same? In what way? Sun spots, freckles, hyperpigmentation??

Also, shame shame shame on you for not washing your face before bed!
. You are one of the lucky ones to be able to get away with that and be 38 and not have any skin issues. That is great. Wish I could say that. I am 40 and have very faithfully washed my face always before bed, and have been the unlucky one and had skin issues (acne). It is cleared up now, but I have battled it for quite some time.

Well, welcome to the site!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know - I am very conscious of taking off makeup these days and MAKE myself do it..

Re decollete - sun spots and creased - no one else my age has this and I am convinced it must be because of the one time I got third degree burns there as the rest of the time I am smothered in sunblock because I burn so easily.. I guess if that is my only problem, I am lucky, so don't mean to whinge.

Thank you for the welcome!

Ally

1 - 3 of 3 Posts