Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an African American woman with dark circles under my eyes and on my eyelids are dark too. I have tried a prescription cream that was a lightener but it seemed to bleach my skin. I am looking for ideas because I know the dark cirlces are hereditary but I don't want to have them. Please any proven ideas out there.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
To see whether or not it is heredity, just look around at family members. Are dark circles prevalent? If you dmoke or do not get enough sleep, the problem will worsten. Adding a supplement of magnesium (vitamin K) to your diet will help as it strengthens the walls of the leaky fine capillaries beneath your skin that cause the effect of circles. The blood droplets that have already leaked will be reabsorbed by the body & the leakage will gradually diminish leaving you with brighter under-eyes. Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What dosage of Vitamin K is recommended? GNC sells it but I am not sure which one to get.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I take the Jamieson brand 250mg, twice a day. Try using it once a day at first to see whether or not you tolerate it well: even water can irritate some people's system. After a week or so, up your daily dose to teice a day. Do not 'megadose' on anything: more is not always better. Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked at the jamieson website but I don't see vitamin k where do u purchase it

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
VitaminK is magnesium. Return to their site & check out Jamieson Magnesium. The Swiss brand is also good. As for GNC, I don't know anything one way or the other so you might want to try it (since it is readily available to you) & report back here with a verdict.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I get it at the local pharmacy or at Loblaws. I'll try to dig up a link for you.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Jamieson Laboratories - Products - Supplements

Here is that link. The vitamin K in creams cannot pass through the skin's barrier so the creams are ineffective. Much like all creams that have traces of so-called miracle ingredients. Most just sit on the surface or evaporate.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
You are right, Omega. I re-read my post and I thank you for pointing that out. What I should have said is that magnesium & vitamin K are the same in their effects on dark circles. I have been using it myself for a good year or so now & the difference is remarkable.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Wow that's great Ondine! I am not AA but i like Vanilyx, a cream that contains CHRYSIN. This ingredient is in a lot of "circle creams" and seems to work for a lot of ppl.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts