Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to Skin Care Talk but so happy to find it! I have sensitive skin with rosacea and am trying to fight it and the aging process at the same time. My dermatologist, feeling like peels and my skin type don't go together, finally let me have a peel she says is new on the market for rosacea. It is Quelage by Skinluma. Having it done on Thurs I expected lots of peeling but have found it to be very mild; a little dryness and flaking but not much. I am looking for other people that may have experience with this peel or others; does it help? Do they recommend others? Any help is greatly appreciated!

MLL

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have very sensitive skin with a little bit of rosacea and a few brown spots from sun damage. Can anyone recommend a product that is not too harsh and can actually get rid of rosacea and sun spots???? Is this possible in one product? If not I'd love to hear about multiple products. I seem to do best with more plant based than chemical products. But I am willing to try anything to help with this. I hate that I always have to wear foundation now. I am 40 and trying to keep the glow going! Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi: I just had this peel on Monday. I had one pass of a MedLite Laser before the peel. It's only been three days...Not too much peeling (more flaking around my hairline) and my sun spots have become darker as of last night. Should be fine by the weekend, I'm sure. I, too, love the aftercare products. I'm running out to do errands this afternoon with the calming balm and tinted sunscreen, and won't scare anyone. Feeling optimistic about this product.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have rosacea. Oral antioxidants (especially lots of niacinamide--I love that stuff) plus low-strength Retin-A every other night cleared it up. I've heard lactic acid peels are also a good option.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had the Skinluma Quelage peel today due to my dermatologist's recommendation. For years, Metrogel in combination with Pevonia skincare/facials, controlled my rosacea. This year, I've had some mild rosacea acne. The technician applied one chemical for 10 minutes; wiped that chemical off and applied the final chemical (must leave on approximately 4 hours). When she applied the first chemical, I had very mild tingling for about a minute. The chemicals are clear and I ran errands afterward. No problems. The technician recommended a second Quelage in 6 weeks followed by treatments every 6 months thereafter. Part of the Quelage package is 6 weeks of skincare products. I was told not to use the Metrogel or other skincare products during this 6 week period. Anxious to see how it works because the treatment is $175 a shot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Mll,
I developed Rosacea last year. After trying to figure out the issue for a number of months I ended up at a Dermatologist who prescribed Metrogel it worked very well but I was concerned about using an anti-biotic indefinitely. After much research I ended up getting IPL treatments and making a skin oil loaded with omega 3 . I also started to take a omega 3 supplements. The western diet takes in way to much omega 6. Believe it or not 6 months later ...... Gone! If you have sensitive skin I would suggest using a base of apricot kernel oil with either chia, rose hip, perilla.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, it's been over a week since my Quelage peel. Slight redness the first day. Since then, clear skin! The skincare products are nice (miss my regular routine - Algenist). Scheduled for second peel the end of November. Keep you posted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts