Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Well I've woken up this morning feeling much better about things. Thanks so much for all your support for my decision to stop the HQ/RA regime.

For all of you who are starting out, PLEASE don't feel discouraged just because of my experience. It works for MOST people, and is so very affordable. I am fair caucasian and I think that is probably the main problem.

Anyway, I didn't use anything on my face last night. Just got home from my night out and went to bed.

This morning I just used HQ alone as I will do for a few days to see if my skin calms down and even lightens up a little without the irritation.

My next plan is to order either some Meladerm or Fair and Flawless 5XF Lightening Gel which Nikkicute and LightenNLift both like. I am confident that one of these will be good for me because the Meladerm DID work for me. Even though my skin was still not great, it was lighter than I ever remember it being. So it seems that the natural lighteners work much better for my skin type.

Here are the ingredient lists for both of these products. Ondine, or anyone else, which do you think looks best? I am tempted to order Meladerm as I know it does work for me at least to an extent, and maybe will work even better if I use if for much longer than just three months. Or Fair and Flawless which may be more potent??

5XF Intensive Skin Whitening Gel Ingredients:

Pure Aloe Vera Extract, Purified Sea Water, Sorbitol, Glycereth-26, Corpus Crispus, White Tea Extract, Allatoin, Lemon Extract, White Ginger Extract, Carbomer –940, Wild Chamomile, Alpha Arbutin, SepiWhite Msh, Glycolic, Lactic and kojic Acids, tamarind extract, Malic Acid, Apple extract, Horse Chestnut, imidazolidinyl Urea, methyparaben, Fragrance. Sepiwhite MSH (Undecylenoylphenyl alanine) is a patented skin-whitening product of Seppic. Patent Numbers: WO03061768, FR2835252, EP1471881, US20051181192, JP2005521658.

MeladermÂae Ingredients:

Water, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Peg-4 (and) Lactic Acid (and) Kojic Acid (and) Butylene Glycol (and) Mulberry Extract (and) Bearberry Extract (and) Licorice Extract, Alpha Arbutin, Ethoxydiglycol, Emulium Delta, Alkyl Benzoate, Sunflower Oil, TegoÂae Cosmo C250, Glycereth 26, Glycereth Stearate, Steareth 2, Steareth-21, Lipowax D, Glycerin, Gigawhite™ (Mallow Extract, Peppermint Leaf Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Alchemilla Vulgaris Extract, Veronica Officinalis Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract), Botanimulse, Dimethicone, Urea, Stearyl Alcohol, Carbopol 980, Trolamine, Sodium Metabisulfite, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Graphites, Hommacord, Malakite Liquid, Lemon Juice Extract, Emblica Extract, Sorbic Acid, Fragrance

I am no expert at working out which is best and I know a lot of you on here are so what do you think? By the way, Meladerm comes in an airless dispenser and has a microdelivery system. Is this just mumbo-jumbo or would that make a difference. Does the fact that Fair and Flawless comes in a jar matter?

Nikkicute/LNL, would it be OK to use the 5XF gel on my face even though its aimed at body lightening?

OK, now if neither of these products work after an extended time, I will look at a TCA peel, maybe professionally done, as I'm a BIG chicken

Ondine, I didn't take my multivitamin today and will look for another today without betacarotene, just in case this is making matters worse.

Gigi, I am going to get my hands on some Grapefruit Seed Extract too. Thanks for the idea!

Reyaz, I WILL look at your Triluma option if all else fails. The steroid in it may help with all of the irritation, although I really think I'd rather try the natural options first.

Lastly to prevent any sudden redarkening, I plan to use HQ a few times a week, along with my new products, just in case, and hopefully wean off it.

How does all of this sound?

Thanks again SOOOOOOOOOOO much to all of you for your support

Karenannev
XXXXXXXXXXXX

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
The Fair adn Flawless should be used on your face b/c it strong enough yet no irritation and gentle enough to get your skin back to its original color. The ingredients forgot to add the concentrations of the sepiwhite 5%, alpha arbutin 5%, kojic acid 5%, and glycolic, lactic, malic, mandelic, etc. acids. Ondine just purcahsed that gel after reading about our reviews. Leave the meladern and HQ alone and use the FF twice a day when it arrives for 3 weeks to see results, then let us know.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Karenannev; you sound positive & encouraged: I'm glad you didn't give up on your goal & are exploring a new alternative. I've got my fingers crossed for you! I too will be trying out the F&F right along with you. Since we both ordered within a day or 2 of the other, we both ought to be beginning this leg of the journey together. I can't wait for you to post yr success story.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
my quick 2 cents

K, what about using the F&F Soho Facial Lightening Parfait for the face instead? to start at least?

I've had no irritation and decent (IMO) lightening from that (see my Calico & Melasma threads).

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Ok, LNL, I'm an admitted chicken, so that was my Nervous Nellie suggestion. You & O are way more knowledgable so I trust you!

Best of luck K, please keep us posted! Photos would be great too!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi K,

In my opinon, and from what I have read of the ingredient list, I think the F&F would be your best bet.

G

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
lol if you use it twice a day fot a month you'll be translucent, its pretty strong, once a day at night will last you 2 to three months on the face, it has to be a VERY thin layer so a pea sized.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Fair adn Flawless should be used on your face b/c it strong enough yet no irritation and gentle enough to get your skin back to its original color. The ingredients forgot to add the concentrations of the sepiwhite 5%, alpha arbutin 5%, kojic acid 5%, and glycolic, lactic, malic, mandelic, etc. acids. Ondine just purcahsed that gel after reading about our reviews. Leave the meladern and HQ alone and use the FF twice a day when it arrives for 3 weeks to see results, then let us know.
Thanks LNL. Well I've ordered it! Boy, I know I said cost didn't matter but at $205USD including shipping for the 4oz jar, I hope it works. My husband will want to kill me when he gets the visa bill
. Oh well. I'm very excited and will of course let you know when (NOT IF) my skin starts to become fair and flawless! Mind over matter and positive thinking and all that, as mentioned in that other thread

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Karenannev; you sound positive & encouraged: I'm glad you didn't give up on your goal & are exploring a new alternative. I've got my fingers crossed for you! I too will be trying out the F&F right along with you. Since we both ordered within a day or 2 of the other, we both ought to be beginning this leg of the journey together. I can't wait for you to post yr success story.
Thanks Ondine, yes it will be awesome to be starting this together! Oh I hope I have that success story you speak of (fingers crossed!) I can't wait to receive it now. Does anyone know how long it will take to get to Australia (cheap postal alternative $45, instead of $75!), although I want it now, I'd better wait
. My husband will be mad enough as it is!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, LNL, I'm an admitted chicken, so that was my Nervous Nellie suggestion. You & O are way more knowledgable so I trust you!

Thanks for your suggestion, anyways, EggoMini! I'll try your suggestion if the gel proves to irritating. I am desperate for something to happen now so will go for the stronger one to start with. Here's hoping!

I do have some photos I posted before starting HQ/RA so will definitely re-post when my skin is gorgeous!!! (MUST THINK POSITIVE!)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol if you use it twice a day fot a month you'll be translucent, its pretty strong, once a day at night will last you 2 to three months on the face, it has to be a VERY thin layer so a pea sized.
Oh translucent sounds wonderful to me at this point. Can I use it ten times a day?? (Just kidding of course)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi K,

In my opinon, and from what I have read of the ingredient list, I think the F&F would be your best bet.

G
Thanks Gigi. I've now ordered it so here's hoping!!

Wow, everyone, sorry for so many posts in a row, I probably should have combined them!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Cluck! Cluck! Cluck! I'm half chicken!!

You know what I just remembered?
Last May I ordered the FF facial whitener and a sample of the 5XF Gel.
I mixed the sample of the 5XF in my cream and my skin looked really good!!
I just remembered that I did that. So I wasn't too chicken to use it on my face but I had the cream to protect me.
lol

Never met anyone who used it all by itself on there face!!
This is so exciting!!

The sample was $10 and came in a cute little square jar, which I kept.

They must have changed the formula or something because when I received the sample gel it was cloudy white, not a totally clear gel.
It's a yellow gel now.

When their first website went up it did not have all of the information that it does now. The site was totally different back then (2004), it was pink and the products were divided into Brightening Line, Lightening Line and Whitening Line, that's how could tell which products were the strongest.
Each line was a different color, if you got the jars with the purple top that means you purchased from the Whitening Line.

Since there was not that much info on the site you had to e-mail or call and some on the boards posted FF said it was ok to use the 5XF gel on the face while others said someone else told them no, yet another member said the directions on the jar said to apply to the face. It was so confusing!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
hi!! good luck with everything and i hope it all works out. Hopefully hq on its own will be more effective and give better results than the hq ra combo. please keep us posted!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hi!! good luck with everything and i hope it all works out. Hopefully hq on its own will be more effective and give better results than the hq ra combo. please keep us posted!
Thanks Bryter! I hope you're right! Actually this morning my face looked lighter than it has for a while. I think ithe HQ/RA may have even been working after all, but because it was so irritated from the RA, I couldn't tell. It may be wishful thinking and I'll post again when I'm more sure. Hmmmm, wouldn't it be fantastic if the HQ ended up working on its own. That would be so much cheaper to maintain than my F&F. Anyway, maybe a bit of both will be good. We'll see

·
Registered
485 Posts
Thanks Bryter! I hope you're right! Actually this morning my face looked lighter than it has for a while. I think ithe HQ/RA may have even been working after all, but because it was so irritated from the RA, I couldn't tell. It may be wishful thinking and I'll post again when I'm more sure. Hmmmm, wouldn't it be fantastic if the HQ ended up working on its own. That would be so much cheaper to maintain than my F&F. Anyway, maybe a bit of both will be good. We'll see
Here's a cheaper sepiwhite product you could try to maintain with.
Go Daddy Marketplace - Skin Brightening System - Reveal the beautiful glow wi...

The seller said she's never heard of FF but her aunt has used it but stocks up on this brightening system because it's cheaper. I want to try the super spot cream or the lotion. I don't know what the strength/percentage of sepiwhite are in these products but ya can't beat these prices!!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
When he wakes up beside Dita VonTeese, he'll forget what anger is...He'll likely forget who HE is!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts