Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am new to the forum; I have suffered with dry skin for the last few years whilst I have been at university.

I have been at using Eucerin for the last year or so – despite the cost – I find it works but I donâ€2122t like the greasiness afterwards – despite using it according to the instructions.

A couple of friends/colleagues have recommended Callusan as it contains urea like Eucerin but it is a mousse so it leaves no residue. My colleagues have had good results but I would like to ask if anybody on here has had any experience with the product. I was just about to buy some Eucerin off EBay and noticed some people are selling the product on there so I am wondering whether to buy, compared to Eucerin it is cheaper.

Any feedback would be most welcome and could help an ailing student.

Kind regards

Elizabeth Farnon Sykes

·
Registered
88 Posts
I use Eucerin cleanser- its a milky cleanser that can be used via cotton wool cleansing or washing off. I prefer to wash my face with water so use the latter. It is a good cleanser- moisturising, even though I have VERY hard water where I live, my skin never feels tight after using it. And it also does a great job at removing make up without stinging my eyes at all.

I have tried the moisturisers, I got a freebie after joining their site so take a look online to see if there are any offers like that. But I have to say, for me, its too oily. My skin is very dry, but this is too heavy for it. Could well work for someone else though.

I prefer (for my super-dry skin) to use Origins Perfect World. but only after I have saved the Boots points! Lush is also good. (If I had the money to, I would buy Chanel, Lancome or Clarins who I find hit the spot 100% for me)

I tend to veer towards the spend alot, use sparingly stuff, so its hard to suggest anything fairly cheap as I find you have to use so much of it, that it winds up being just as expensive!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Have you tried Aveeno? I find that works, and it's not oily, I also like Avon's Skin so soft dry oil spray it's not as oily as Eucerin which really dislike!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hello

I am new to the forum; I have suffered with dry skin for the last few years whilst I have been at university.

I have been at using Eucerin for the last year or so – despite the cost – I find it works but I donâ€2122t like the greasiness afterwards – despite using it according to the instructions.

A couple of friends/colleagues have recommended Callusan as it contains urea like Eucerin but it is a mousse so it leaves no residue. My colleagues have had good results but I would like to ask if anybody on here has had any experience with the product. I was just about to buy some Eucerin off EBay and noticed some people are selling the product on there so I am wondering whether to buy, compared to Eucerin it is cheaper.

Any feedback would be most welcome and could help an ailing student.

Kind regards

Elizabeth Farnon Sykes
I have tried Aveeno, Eucerin and all sorts of products as my skin used to be extremely dry. What worked best for me is the Cetaphil cream for dry, sensitive skin and neutrogena body oil (use this immediately after shower on damp skin and when dry follow with the cetaphil) ,also i use gentle body washes like Oil of olay cream oil or Dove body butter cream wash and these all cured my dryness, seriously sometimes now, I think my skin looks oily. Try taking some fish oil supplements as well, drinks lots of water for hydration, avoid humidity and it's a must, moisturize at least twice daily.
Now I use anything cuz i dont have the dry skin problem anymore.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Try a body oil when your skin is damp from the shower. You dont have to spend a lot. There are so many good brands! What about olive oil? Exfoliating with a body scrub will help get rid of the dry, dull skin too. Avon skin so soft is great! Smells nice too. A bit greasy but you only have to use a drop.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Elizabeth,

With regard to your concern over any greasiness. I would like to make you aware of the following:

These 'greasy' creams contain more fat than water and they cover the skin with an impermeable film. This prevents the water in the skin from evaporating.

The result is that they help to cure the condition of dry skin.

You may like to consider any preference you may have for non-greasiness in creams against the fact that when all's said and done, you are really looking for a solution to the problem of dry skin.

If the creams correspond to the needs of your skin and you say that they work, then any greasiness is surely worth it.

Personally, I would recommend a natural oil such as Virgin Olive Oil, Grapeseed Oil or Rose Oil. These will certainly help alleviate any dry skin condition.

Try the 'greasy' cream in the night when you have time for it to sink in and just use a sun-cream in the day,

Best of luck,

redrose

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think you should try a good body butter containing shea butter for your body after you take a shower. For the face you should use a good herbal moisturizer. You can also apply honey at home and then wash it away as honey is the best natural moisturizer.

Organic Cosmetics

1 - 7 of 7 Posts