Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Everyone,

I am Newbie to the forum and have recently (a week ago) started Obagi New Derm system, anyone ever tried this ? I have read amazing posts about this line and thought I'll give it a try.

Have a great day everyone and looking forward making some forum friends

Cheers
Lalla

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi Lala, welcome to the site.

I haven't heard of the Obagi New Derm system so please let us know if you find it good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI Everyone,

I am Newbie to the forum and have recently (a week ago) started Obagi New Derm system, anyone ever tried this ? I have read amazing posts about this line and thought I'll give it a try.

Cheers
Lalla
My sister has just started using obagi too,will let u know if it works on her elephant skin as she calls it.very expensive tho.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Gail,

Thanks for the welcome.
I've only been on it for a week HARSH!!!! but for me it ticks all the boxes, I can see my new skin after the peeling and its looks GREAT!!!!!
I think this is it !!!!

Have a fab day
Cheers
Lalla

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My sister has just started using obagi too,will let u know if it works on her elephant skin as she calls it.very expensive tho.
Hey Redgym,

That will be great!! Get you sis to join the forum and we can help each other through the tough times. The ugly peelie stage as they call it is TOUGH!! especialy if you need to work and have meeting where you have to face the people the whole day!!

But i'm determined to STICK IT OUT!!!!!

Have a great day
Lalla

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Hi Laila, I've been on the NuDerm for almost 8 weeks. The redness and flakiness have subsided for the most part. I love the way my skin looks. My neck is taking longer to get to the same place my face is, but I have hope. I could do without the shiny face, but I can live with it. I just powder the shine.

Any questions I can help with, feel free to ask.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
HI Everyone,

Cheers
Lalla
Here is another thread with the same topic. It might be helpful.
http://www.skincaretalk.com/basic-sk...re-system.html

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thanx gymrat, I looked at the other thread and I just can't figure out why I never heard of this before! It sounds to me like a MUST HAVE!

Lalla, please keep us informed as I'm going to give it a try myself. Thanx for posting.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi Laila, I've been on the NuDerm for almost 8 weeks. The redness and flakiness have subsided for the most part. I love the way my skin looks. My neck is taking longer to get to the same place my face is, but I have hope. I could do without the shiny face, but I can live with it. I just powder the shine.

Yes the very shiny red face. I have been using it off and on for a few years now. I do like it.

I am using up my exfoderm after my morning cleanse (am out of obagi cleanser am using clinique) and in the evening I am still using the tretinoin along with the blender. I still have some Clear left - but I am not sure if I want to continue with it. That to me, seems as if it is the harshest of all the items. I am new here and would like to try other regimens.
But Obagi Nu Derm DOES work. I usually do a light tca peel instead of maintenance. I start up with the obagi products after two to three peels ending around March. Lasts usually until summer months.
Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Hi MsFancyPants,
Hope you doing ok, how you getting on with the Obagi?Just a quick question I hope you can help....

I'm onto week 3 now and the first two weeks I had ALLOT of redness, flakiness and peeling but didn't make my skin look worse, now i'm onto week 3 and my skin is breaking out quite a bit. Just wondered if you experienced the same, if so i'll stick it out, because from all the products i've tried in 10 years i'm getting the best results with this one so far !! - thanks MsFancyPants

How is you neck coming on ? any changes yet?

Have a fab day
Lalla

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was introduced to the Obagi system a few years ago. I had some sort of acne problems (regular acne along jaw line, sometimes on cheek) and I got dark acne scars that won't fade away. This made me rely on foundations to even out my skin tone, but I felt that would only hide and worsen the problem and I would never get clear skin.. So... I decided to give Obagi a try.

I was well aware of the expected reactions (dryness, redness, peeling, problem would appear worse at the beginning stage).

I purchased the full system (gentle cleanser, toner, Clear, Exfoderm forte, Blender, Sunfader, Action). I was using 0.1% strength retin A.

Dryness & peeling begins after 3 days of use. I felt like it was the top layer of "old" skin starts to lift off (but not peeled yet). i was a weird feeling and I definitely look horrible. The skin & scars looked darker and you won't be able to cover it with concealer/foundation b/c they won't stick to the peeling skin.

After another day or two, skin starts peeling, esp around the corners of the mouth & the nose area. My face was beet red (like a bad bad sunburn). I got very sensitive to heat (my face would turn RED after drinking soup or something)!!

Peeling continues for the next 2-3 weeks. The peeling was very flaky and dry. I would wash my face with the cleanser, gentling massage the face in circular motion in the shower to get rid of the dead skin. Skin feel extremely dry after wash. I had to use lots of Action to calm it down.

Situaion will get better after about 1 month of use. Peeling still continues but you'll notice that the skin flakes are much finer (very small pieces) and softer.

most of my acne scars were gone and my skin tone got move even.... Redness have subsided a bit (not beet red anymore). I started to get complements from my friends saying my skin "glows"!

I continued to use the system for another few months. I didn't have to use any high-coverage foundations anymore. I switched to tinted moisturizers and that was enough for my daily look.

I now would get a few acnes (hormonal, most of the time) from time to time. I would go back to the Obagi system once every 1 or 2 years to keep it up.

I know that the side-effects during first few weeks are very unpleasant (it may last up to 1-2 months), but it is definitely worth the pain! You'll notice substantial results after 6-12 weeks of use.

cheers!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yes the very shiny red face. I have been using it off and on for a few years now. I do like it.

I am using up my exfoderm after my morning cleanse (am out of obagi cleanser am using clinique) and in the evening I am still using the tretinoin along with the blender. I still have some Clear left - but I am not sure if I want to continue with it. That to me, seems as if it is the harshest of all the items. I am new here and would like to try other regimens.
But Obagi Nu Derm DOES work. I usually do a light tca peel instead of maintenance. I start up with the obagi products after two to three peels ending around March. Lasts usually until summer months.
Good luck.
msavoy, PLEASE dont use clinique! Its horrible, they use so many fillers and things that can clog pores even if you arent worried about acne dont put junk on your new beautiful skin! No matter how much you spend in a department store or makeup counter the product can only penetrate the dermis, the "dead" layer of skin. I really like Revision Skincare, its dispensed by physicians but you can find it @ a few places online (for much cheaper).

DermatologistRx: Revision Products

Revision Skin Care Products - Shop at Skin-One!

(I prefer the second site)

Gentle Cleansing Lotion is awesome for sensitive or normal skin, and Brightening Facial Wash is great for oily skin. I think you could really see a difference!

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Hi MsFancyPants,
Hope you doing ok, how you getting on with the Obagi?Just a quick question I hope you can help....

I'm onto week 3 now and the first two weeks I had ALLOT of redness, flakiness and peeling but didn't make my skin look worse, now i'm onto week 3 and my skin is breaking out quite a bit. Just wondered if you experienced the same, if so i'll stick it out, because from all the products i've tried in 10 years i'm getting the best results with this one so far !! - thanks MsFancyPants

How is you neck coming on ? any changes yet?

Have a fab day
Lalla
Laila, I'm so sorry. I just saw this. But Meow has done a stellar job of explaining most of your questions. But to answer your question about the breakout, no, I didn't break out. But I didn't have any breakout issues before either. My neck is really much better, but still some unnevenness with color, texture. I'm trying to hang in there and hope it's just being stubborn and eventually I'll win that war!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Girls.. hang in there!! just think of the clear skin u'll get in about 3-4 months time! U'll get over it! Now all i need to put on my face is just under-eye concealers for my regular work days and still feel confidence! I used to have to put on foundations even if i go to the gym!! Now not anymore.

I just went back to my obagi cycle about 7 weeks ago. (I stopped for about a year.. lazy lazy.. and also the Retin A doesn't feel too great on at bedtime!)..... I went back b/c of some minor acne scars (very minor compared to what i had a few years ago) and just to brighten up my skin tone.

it is now Fall time in Toronto.. perfect time to start the cycle . I tend to avoid using Obagi during the summer months .. i have to take extreme caution when i drive (1 hr drive to/from work).

a bonus i got this time around -- I got rid of a few freckles!!!! I have quite a bit of freckles on the left side of my face from driving over the past 9 years on the same route everyday! (the sun shines on my left side during my drive to work AND on my way home!!)... now a few of the darkest spot is now fading!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts