Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I was advised to introduce myself to the community. So here goes...

I am a 24 year old mixed racial woman. My mom is black; my father is white and I lived in Jamaica for most of my life where it was rather warm every day. My skin was well behaved. But when I moved to the US in 2006, I started getting a few pimples on my forehead and sometimes on my cheeks and chin.

I do not know if it is acne. If it is, it is very mild acne since there is no redness, swelling, or pain. I have tried proactive. I guess I did not use it long enough to notice results (I just couldn't afford it). I have tried organic products such as Avalon and Alba. They burn my skin whenever I put them on but it is not noticeable.

I still have a few pimples that I am desperately trying to get rid of. I am 24 and do not want to look like a teenager. I also have a fine line or two on my forehead that I want to get rid of. I think it's an expression line, just the same as I have smile lines but I don't want it.

So that's me in a nutshell.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi and welcome!
I'm sorry you are having problems with your skin. Do you think it is the change in diet that set it off? USA diet is notoriously high in saturated fat, chemicals and sugar.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcome to SCT.

You skin condition could be hormonal. If you have tried several topical treatments and nothing seems to have cleared your skin, a doctors advice may be needed for a prescribed treatment. Ongoing acne can cause scarring and you don't want to head down that track Im sure.

In the mean time keep you skincare regime simple. No harsh scrubbing but do exfoliate at least once a week. Use a gentle cleanser and an alcohol free toner. Ensure your moisturiser and any foundation you use is oil free as this will feed the oil glands and cause further breakouts. Proactive is known to be drying on some people. When they cease using the products their oil glands go into overdrive trying to overcome this.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Hi- welcome! I'm a newbie as of today. I agree; your skin trouble could be hormonal. The advice I've seen is good. I thank God I've never had problems with breakouts.... just a pimple here and there. I hope everything works out for you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts