Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in my later 30's and just started to notice several signs of aging on my face. I've had botox, TCA Peel recently, but still not the results I'm looking for. My main problem is under eye area. When I smile, I have the deep horizontal lines that are less than flattering.

The Plastic Surgeon I saw charged me lots of money and promised AMAZING results from the TCA peel; however, three weeks of "down time" and it wasn't worth it. Any advice other than stop smiling? I dont want to do that!! If I don't smile, I'll cry!! Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
15 Posts
are you talking about crows feet? I hope I've seen a separate forum here, try to have a look. I don't know, I'm 30 and I'm looking for an eye cream that will do 'something', but I end up spending a fortune for the creams that just moisturise or irritate my sensitive eye area. For now I'm happy with Shiseido Future Solution Eye and Lip, but still searching for a miracle.....

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
You should try a few sessions of Microdermabrasion. I'm a huge advocate of it because it's non-ivasive and you will see some changes in the skin, at a fraction of the cost.

TCA peels are pretty hardcore.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I use a light eye cream just to hydrate -- my eye area has stayed the same for a long time -- so it's either stopping further damage but then again it's not improving the tiny lines I have in the area.

I've recently heard that Botox was under review by Health Canada -- something about the toxins migrating to other areas of the body ... I meant to look it up today on the internet.

I'd be cautious about any invasive procedures near the eye area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts