Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

My name is Tasha and I have very recently started to see changes to my skin so I went to see a Dermalogica skin therapist about my large pores, and my dehydrated tight feeling skin. She told me a have karatosis polaris which means I retain my dead skin cells so this is causing my pores to look bigger, she also said my skin is dehydrated which could have been caused by using too many acne products in the past, I also wonder if coming off the contraception pill has contributed because I went on it 10yrs ago for my acne and a month after I came off it I started seeing these changes. It's really getting me down and I started drinking 2L of water a day 2 months ago as well forking out loads of money of Dermalogica products and facials, but as I have been only using these products 2 weeks I have been told to be more patient and that it could take 1-3 months to see an improvement.

I have also heard that Galvanic facials can help the skin retain moisture and rejuvinate the skin..?

Does anyone have any advice or anyone had these problems and have come through the other end with significant improvements in their skin??

Thanx, your help would be greatly appreciated!!

Tashalp.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yes it takes longer than 2 weeks to see improvement. I would stay in contact with the ppl who prescribed this regime for you so they can tell you if it's working.

I don't know about the galvanic facials though. Maybe someone else here can advise you about that.
Welcome!

Skin | care | talk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts