Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over on another site where the woman does extensive skin stuff for herself, she swears by masks made of niacinamide and glucosamine mixed either with water, or something like Olay's Regenerist serum, left on for 30 minutes, done daily, to lighten the skin and even out hyperpigmentation. Also, elsewhere, I've seen that one can make one's own superior cream by adding a certain amount of both of these to a neutral cream like Cerave or Cetaphil that's much better than the hyped-up Olay Definity products, which you have to buy several of to make a difference, according to Olay. If the combo works I would love to do this as this would be so much easier on my wallet for my sunspotted skin! I DON'T want to have to go the whole route of IPLs and an aggressive Obagi routine, which the one med spa I went to recommended, even though I told them i had somewhat touchy skin.
Has anyone here tried the niacinamide+glucosamine combo? I know there's research papers out there touting its efficacy and as a viable alternative to the more traditional, much harsher regimens like Obagi, or combos of Rx hydroquinone+tretinoin+AHAs. I have to be very careful with AHAs in general - they're OK for me in cleansers, but absolutely NOT in leave-on products. Last year I had a chemical burn from one, that took a long time to get past, and for the last year I had to keep my skincare simple, as I mentioned in the "Introductions" area of this forum. Thanks for listening, and for any input too.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
It may help slightly with the lightening of spots, but I doubt there would be anything dramatic. You would need it mixed with many other more potent lighteners.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drat! I was hoping this would be an inexpensive, not-too-aggressive solution! But I don't have anything to lose by trying this anyway. At this point, I would be thrilled with ANY improvement in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Ading niacinamide and glucosamine powder into your skin lightening lotion was a new trend 2 years ago (in another forum), i used with the hypercreme lotion, maybe I did not use it long enough to see results, but it did not do anything to my skin.
The mixture was supposed to boost the strengh of your lightening lotion.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
when you try it let me know how it works for you and your regimine.

New York, I hear hypercream helps to lighten but also gives stretchmarks, is this true?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Hi Eternal, Hypercream did not give me any stretchmarks, the only strechmarks are from my pregnacies, on my belly.

New York, I hear hypercream helps to lighten but also gives stretchmarks, is this true?[/QUOTE]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts