Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using biore nourische oil free night serum but I am thinking I need a night cream, do I?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Is this biore nourish oil fgood or acne skin?? I am suffering from pimples lately and looking for something to get rid of them.
Thanks.

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
acne prone and thanks gymrat. you are quick!
Good old acne prone. Me too. Story of my life. Well as far as night creams go.......I would use one. If you have oily skin, maybe try an oil free cream. Emu oil and jojoba oil are good for acne prone skin. (But wouldn't use the oils if you have oily skin) I had adult acne, mainly on my chin and on my cheeks. The cystic type. I eventually had to take Accutane. So far I haven't had any break outs, and I have been Accutane free since January!!
I still am very cautious as to what I use on my face. At the moment I am washing with a mild face wash, toning, then apply my day cream. At night I wash, tone, apply my Vit C serum, then either Retin-A or green cream, then my night cream, oh and an eye cream, but only every other night. I also use a baby brush to exfoliate when I wash my face-

Its important not to use too many new products at once. Just in case you do get that horrible break out, you can usually pin point what is causing it. Trying too many products at once makes it's hard to tell. Just my opinion. Best of luck to you!!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Good old acne prone. Me too. Story of my life. Well as far as night creams go.......I would use one. If you have oily skin, maybe try an oil free cream. Emu oil and jojoba oil are good for acne prone skin. (But wouldn't use the oils if you have oily skin) I had adult acne, mainly on my chin and on my cheeks. The cystic type. I eventually had to take Accutane. So far I haven't had any break outs, and I have been Accutane free since January!!
I still am very cautious as to what I use on my face. At the moment I am washing with a mild face wash, toning, then apply my day cream. At night I wash, tone, apply my Vit C serum, then either Retin-A or green cream, then my night cream, oh and an eye cream, but only every other night. I also use a baby brush to exfoliate when I wash my face-

Its important not to use too many new products at once. Just in case you do get that horrible break out, you can usually pin point what is causing it. Trying too many products at once makes it's hard to tell. Just my opinion. Best of luck to you!!
Can I ask what is Green Cream?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Advanced Skin Technology

This is the advert for it. But he makes a few mistakes. He claims "Retinol is the Gold Standard". Which is false - tretinoin (Retin-A) is the Gold Standard. Retinol does not equal Retin-A. Two different things.

Also he equates retinol with vitamin A. Vitamin A will do next to nothing if it is applied to your skin - it would take too long for it to convert to a useable form.

Still, it's a good treatment to condition your skin for eventual use of Retin-A. It "breaks your skin in" gently. Most ppl can't tolerated Retin-A first without peeling or redness, so this gets your skin used to a retinol product so that eventually you can work up to Retin-A, the Gold Standard.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Thanks fawnie, Green cream prepares the skin for retin A.
No Green cream doesn't prepare your skin for retin-A. Green cream is not as harsh on the skin as retin-A, but it in no means prepares your skin for the use of retin-A. Do not get confused with these products.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts