Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys recommend a night treatment since RetinA is out of the question for about a year. 29 trying to prevent wrinkles. I have normal skin few fine lines around eyes and forhead but I finally got my skin under control and have been clear for weeks now. (Thank you vitamin C in the am).

Also curious what night time cream do you use?

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Can you guys recommend a night treatment since RetinA is out of the question for about a year. 29 trying to prevent wrinkles. I have normal skin few fine lines around eyes and forhead but I finally got my skin under control and have been clear for weeks now. (Thank you vitamin C in the am).

Are you holding out till your 30 (1 year) to use retin-a cause you read it should be started at 30? If you are, I say just go ahead and start using it. Especially since you said you have fine lines.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you holding out till your 30 (1 year) to use retin-a cause you read it should be started at 30? If you are, I say just go ahead and start using it. Especially since you said you have fine lines.
No off BC and trying for another kid.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Well, what about some nice organic cold-pressed oils??? Very soothing and nourishing! I think there was a list of OK ones for preggers to use on Maha's thread.... Relax and don't worry about a little line here and there!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
62 Posts

I use Kinerase Pro+Therapy Ultra Rich Night Repair cream and it works wonderfully for me. But why are u waiting till you get to 30?? Anti aging products are best used to prevent and delay signs of aging rather than curing them. So make haste...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi there,

The earlier you start to care for your skin, the bigger the difference you'll see as you age.

Nevertheless, RETIN A is not a product you use to prevent wrinkles. It is usually used when the complexion has been harmed by the sun. 80-90% of the signs of skin aging may be due to exposure to sunlight.

TIP Use a sun-cream in the day with an SPF factor or higher even on cloudy days.

At night, you could use cold cream or Palmer's Cocoa Butter with Vitamin E.

These will help you to avoid your skin from drying our which causes wrinkles. They will nourish your skin and protect it.

Warmest regards,

redrose

·
Registered
88 Posts
The absolute best products to use at night:

Retin-A cream
Olay Night Moistrurizer
A decent eye cream

That's all you need

Everyone should try this regardless of age, I'm only 20, but I'm still planning on using it pretty soon.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Redrose and Saklig, post no 3 said she can't use retin-a because she is trying for a baby which is true.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks ttee. can someone post a link to this green cream that is mentioned here and there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anti aging skin products are designed for your skin type, for the condition and the area you want to treat along with other factors.

Every one's skin is different -A good skin care regimen designed for you is beneficial for maintaining good healthy skin and helping to avoid problems later in life, and to also rejuvenate problem areas.

To help you choose products and to find out what ingredients to look for when choosing skin care your welcome to visit - source for more detailed information.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think you should go for a good brand of organic moisturizer or night cream. I have used Olayâ€2122s anti-aging formula. It was good.

Organic Cosmetics

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just use L'oreal mosturizer and a cream called Hydra-fresh, they are gentle and great for my skin type. All I need to find now is a cleanser that doesnt burn my skin

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Thanks "the one and only gymrat"

Do you use this in conjunction with retin A?
Hi Dash- yes I do, I use level 6, sometimes 3 depending on how my skin is doing. I apply the green cream all over my face. I don't apply my Retin-A all over, just in certain areas.

Maybe you could find a place that sells samples. Just so you can try it. I know Mom on this site didn't have much luck with the GC. Wouldn't want you to waste your money, if it didn't work for you. She has oily skin, I am not sure if this made a difference or not. I have combo skin, and it works fine for me-

yes.....the one and only "gymrat"

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I would advise using facial oils as they are good natural moisturisers. I don't use any retinol based products myself as I will wait until I am 30 to start. Using organic creams also is a good idea. You should be able to find some good brands by googling.

Hope this helps

1 - 17 of 17 Posts