Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from a new user in Colorado.

I've used Nivea Visage Anti-Wrinkle and Firming Cream w/Vitamin E for many years because it's the only cream that doesn't make my face break out. I found it to be as effective as Clinique's nighttime/anti-wrinkle products, and of course it's only one step and considerably less expensive. So naturally the maker discontinues it!

I stocked up seven jars from online just after it fled the shelves. Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement for the day I run out -- hopefully at or near the same price ($8.00 to $11.00 for 1.7 oz.) and readily available in drug and grocery stores?

The ingredients are:
Active: Octinoxate

Other: Water, PEG-8 Beeswax, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Glycerin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Beeswax, Cyclohexasiloxane, Saccharide Isomerate, Retinyl Palmitate, Octyldodecanol, Trilaurin, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract (Sunflower), Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Carbomer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Titanium Dioxide, Alumina, Silica, Sodium Polyacrylate, Sodium Hydroxide, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate​
I'm not sure what ingredient(s) in other products made me break out, and of course I'm not a chemist, but I noticed the Nivea had:
(1) No parabens.

(2) No alcohols except octyldodecanol and phenoxyethanol.

(3) No zolinones (sensitizing preservatives).​
Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks -- MountainMaiden

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Looks like a really weak product to me. No wonder they discontinued it.
Are you using it as your main sunscreen? If so, it wont do the job.

octyl methoxycinnamate (octinoxate) - Chemical UVB sunscreen/sunblock agent

The active ingredient does not protect against UVA rays although it does have Titanium Dioxide but I'm sure it's in a really small amount.

I'm not sure about it's anti-aging benefits but you could do much better.

A quality vitamin C serum (homemade to save you big $$$$) will be a much better option. Also use a quality photo-stable suncreen everyday. The best are ones with the mexoryls or tinsorbs in them. Usually only found in Europe but can be found in the states in this product. Assuming you live in the states. Amazon.com: La Roche-Posay Anthelios SX Daily Moisturizing Cream SPF 15 with Mexoryl SX, 3.4-Ounces: Health & Personal Care
The SPF is too low IMO.

www.smartskincare.com/skinprotection

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My google machine found it for you!
Thanks so much ... but alas, when I tried to add to my shopping cart, I got the message "currently unavailable" ... I knew I was in trouble when I saw it had flown walgreens.com the second time I tried to stock up there. I've already checked all the major online drugstore sites.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You should try this Jojoba Firming resilience creme by this natural line called Issa Qattara. They have a store in Sacramento, but you can order online too. The creme is great for lines and wrinkles and is actually formulated for irritated skin. They don't use parabens or dyes in their stuff either. google them. I think the creme is 16.50. It's a little more than yours but worth every penny.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts