Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! Anyone, I need to find a cheap and effective skin lightener! Surprise, surprise, right?

Explaining my situation may help: I'm about to graduate from my university and have VERY LITTLE money. Like most people, my outer arms, upper back, shoulders, chest, and face are the darker parts of my skin. I'm looking to be more even and more like my original skin tone, which is a beautiful porcelain that I miss oh so very much! I've kept up with exfoliation and sunblock, and have gotten the idea that equal parts lemon and cucumber juice (with the warning of adverse effects from the lemon when in contact with sunlight) are a good homemade way to get rid of a tan. I'm not looking to go albino, but I would like to have an even skin tone in which my arms aren't six shades (or more!) darker than my legs (I RARELY wear anything that shows my legs).

Suggestions for the broke and uneven colored college student? I prefer homemade recipes mostly because they're cheap and it's fewer chemicals going into my body, but I'm open to ideas that I can afford!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
TDR, I'll pm you some inexpensive sources for HQ4% & Tretinoin (retinA). These are the sources I use. Hope it helps!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Always a wealth of knowledge! What would we do without you Ondine?! Thanks so much!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Aww shucks!

Check your messages, TDR.

Soon, you'll be replacing this-->

with this-->

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most definitely, and thanks for the redirect to the other post! Very enlightening!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
There's such a wealth of info on here that sometimes good threads get buried beneath the new ones. Every now & then, I like to sift back in case I've missed something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts