Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im cutting out red meat... this is drastic due to the fact i love a good steak and red wine... but im doing it for my health. i was talking to the yoga enthusiast guy the other-day for a good 2 hours and he really gave me insight on living a better life. im always so lethargic and sore, and i have a very bad back and knee pain. im going to start yoga september 1st and make it a lifestyle. im cutting out fast food and red meat, and just sticking to turkey, chicken, fish, and the rest of the good stuff out there. well see how it goes, but i really want to be pain free and my back pain is debilitating

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Your back pains most likely have nothing to do what you are eating, there are many reasons why women get back pains, arthritous, pelvis problem, cysts the list goes on, you may want to see your doctor and look into the reason into why are you getting such bad back pain!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I am an animal lover but because we are carnivores I am realistic. I became highly anemic from avoiding meat. I am a yoga enthusiast and health freak too and I do NOT abide to the "no meat" diet. There is a great book called "The Right Food For Your Type" and amazingly it is based on blood-type and I have been on that diet for a while. My acupuncturist recommended it. Oddly I already ate some of the things recommended for my type even though these were very weird things few people ate!The book is by an author named D'Adamo and I am sure you can get it on Amazon.

Cutting red-meat out is the right thing for some people but not all.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Lexi, she didn't say she was going to cut out meat completely, she's cutting out red meat.

I don't see why anyone would need a sustantial amount of red meat in their diet.

I have a very limited amount of red meat in my diet, perhaps a steak once or twice a month and I'm very healthy.

I recommend cutting out red meat to all my clients and none of them have had ill effects. Those with iron deficiency can take capsules.

Could you please explain to us who needs red meat.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Lexi, she didn't say she was going to cut out meat completely, she's cutting out red meat.

I don't see why anyone would need a sustantial amount of red meat in their diet.

I have a very limited amount of red meat in my diet, perhaps a steak once or twice a month and I'm very healthy.

I recommend cutting out red meat to all my clients and none of them have had ill effects. Those with iron deficiency can take capsules.

I assumed she meant meat for some reason. I actually agree with you and do not eat meat myself almost at all. I do when I crave it because my theory is that my body is telling me when I need it. I did need it when I went vegan though as I became seriously anemic from eating NO animal products.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I am an animal lover but because we are carnivores I am realistic. I became highly anemic from avoiding meat. I am a yoga enthusiast and health freak too and I do NOT abide to the "no meat" diet. There is a great book called "The Right Food For Your Type" and amazingly it is based on blood-type and I have been on that diet for a while. My acupuncturist recommended it. Oddly I already ate some of the things recommended for my type even though these were very weird things few people ate!The book is by an author named D'Adamo and I am sure you can get it on Amazon.

Cutting red-meat out is the right thing for some people but not all.
It's definitely a personal choice to eat red meat or not. As far as becoming anemic from avoiding meats......I eat a lot of green vegetables, beans, & legumes and haven't had a iron deficiency problem. I still eat free range chicken & turkey (white meat only). I would, however, like to stop eating meat altogether. I can never be vegan because I like dairy & fish too much to give that up. I think if you eat a well balanced meal you can eliminate red meat entirely.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
It's definitely a personal choice to eat red meat or not. As far as becoming anemic from avoiding meats......I eat a lot of green vegetables, beans, & legumes and haven't had a iron deficiency problem. I still eat free range chicken & turkey (white meat only). I would, however, like to stop eating meat altogether. I can never be vegan because I like dairy & fish too much to give that up. I think if you eat a well balanced meal you can eliminate red meat entirely.
Most people definitely get enough iron from supplements or vegetables, I have a family history of anemia though and when I was vegan I was very young and eating "right" was not why I was vegan, it was moral grounds for me and I ate what I liked as long as it had no animal products.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts

Freddy I don't eat red meat, any meat for that matter!! I am healthy as a lark-
and you are absolutely right, I am iron deficient and take meds for it. Not a problem at all for me. When my level is real low I take 2, when I am right on I take 1. Works likes a champ!!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Freddy I don't eat red meat, any meat for that matter!! I am healthy as a lark-
and you are absolutely right, I am iron deficient and take meds for it. Not a problem at all for me. When my level is real low I take 2, when I am right on I take 1. Works likes a champ!!
I can't do the whole vegan thing.

I eat the Cow and the cow eats the grass.

This is a middleman that I won't cut out. hahaha

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
This is one reason I like Sarah Palin despite everyone's criticism---if I eat something I should have the heart to kill it myself. I read in the paper yesterday about organic vs non-organic and with fruits/veg it is not a difference but for price really. Animals though--wow. You have either happy healthy animals grazing on a natural diet or crowded animals born to be bulked and butchered in a manner that I found disgusting. Obviously I am not going out and slaughtering or hunting but I would definitely only choose organic now that I read that. I am not big on meat, do eat more seafood and as stated, do have the odd craving for a steak or meat. I eat NO foul. I find all but peking duck to be repulsive. Do not know why but birds and me do not mix on the food level!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Every time I think I want a nice thick medium-rare steak, I remember the way it smells on the grill: like burning hair! My neigh-boors grill everything that moves and it smells like a crematorium all year long. EWW

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
419 Posts
Every time I think I want a nice thick medium-rare steak, I remember the way it smells on the grill: like burning hair! My neigh-boors grill everything that moves and it smells like a crematorium all year long. EWW
I agree...can't stand the smell of meat cooking/broiling/grilling/roasting!!!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I third that!!!
Grosses me out to look at raw meat let alone cook it and try and sit down to enjoy it..........ya right!!! Not happenin.

Glad my DH LOVES to BBQ-

1 - 20 of 32 Posts