Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I haven't been around for a couple of weeks, I got to tell ya guys it's wonderful to come back here. it is fantastic when you be away and come back to see a lot of good new posts
lol

anyway,
I have finally decided to cut out the retin A here are the reasons,
-it gave me under eye wrinkles
they have got too many too deep to be neglected I look like 90 years old woman now>>>If anyone here have a good tips how to get rid of these I will be thankful or else I will be doomed.
-the horrible irritation
-the fact that I can't exfoliate >> I can't live without daily exfoliation if I don't exfoliate I have nasty ingrown hair which isn't nice i have managed not to exfoliate the last month but this have gone too far now cause I haven't shaved nor waxed the last month so I don't have ingrown nasty stuff, Now I look like a hairy monster I have escaped the embarrassment by clothing conservatively though.

I will keep HQ and I hope it will do good alone.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
What a shame that RA is not for you. This is the first time I've heard of someone getting wrinkling from it. Are you certain the RA alone did this? How were you applying it? Misuse of some products can cause unpleasant side effects. The HQ alone can work very well. RA ia not 100% essential to the lightening process.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply ondine.
I haven't misused it. I actually got it from my derm for flat warts around my eyes. I have cut it out after three days, it irritated me that I swore that if I ever see this derm again i would shoot her haha . anyway I got back after I read the good reviews about it. It seems that it is not for me after all. I mean yesterday I saw a hair from my lashes stuck inside one of the wrinkles
they got really deep.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello everyone,
I haven't been around for a couple of weeks, I got to tell ya guys it's wonderful to come back here. it is fantastic when you be away and come back to see a lot of good new posts
lol

anyway,
I have finally decided to cut out the retin A here are the reasons,
-it gave me under eye wrinkles
they have got too many too deep to be neglected I look like 90 years old woman now>>>If anyone here have a good tips how to get rid of these I will be thankful or else I will be doomed.
-the horrible irritation
-the fact that I can't exfoliate >> I can't live without daily exfoliation if I don't exfoliate I have nasty ingrown hair which isn't nice i have managed not to exfoliate the last month but this have gone too far now cause I haven't shaved nor waxed the last month so I don't have ingrown nasty stuff, Now I look like a hairy monster I have escaped the embarrassment by clothing conservatively though.

I will keep HQ and I hope it will do good alone.
Oh wow, I had posted my own thread awhile back about the wrinkles I experienced under my eyes as well. Thankfully, they have faded some, and you can't see them unless you get really close up in my face. But I'm still a bit self-conscious about them. How long have you been using the Retin A? Once, I experienced irritation from it, I stopped immediately, and haven't used it again. I know it is a good exfoliant, but I'm on the search for an alternative. Hopefully someone can recommend a good eye cream to help with those lines, I know when I first saw them under my eyes, I freaked out!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yellowleave, i'm sorry ret-a didn't work out for u. Question, did you start with a lower% of ret-a? cuz higher% may be a problem.

·
Registered
670 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have started with 0.025% never gone higher. I don't go too close to the eyes just far enough around them. I don't think I will use any peels for the time being I don't think I will ever put any on my face maybe for the body but never the face.
thank u girls for trying to help me.
Goddess of earth, I heard eye creams will make the wrinkles worst eventually which freaks me out. I would try natural stuff hopefully those will go away I'm praying for those to go away easily cause they are -hopefully- just due to irritation & not real wrinkles

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Mix a little olive oil, vitamin E & Niacinamide & gently tap it onto the wrinkled areas. This is gentle but tried & true. Before Jan, when I began to try out lightening, I used natural oils & essential oil blends for everthing. See any wrinkles? These natural oils can work wonders. They're cheap, accessible & inoffensive to most people's skin. Why not give this a try?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
It IS & it DOES-for most people & it did for me. For most people, an Aspirin will relieve pain. For some people it can cause stomach ulcers & internal bleeding. Penicillin is that way too: an excellent anti-biotic BUT not for me; I can't use it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ondine, I use olive oil all the time I've put some on them. I used sweet almond oil last night too.
GoldnFire thanks for the link.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Please keep us posted about what gives you the most relief in your situation. I'm sure there must be others out there who experienced a similar reaction & could use the tips. Just knowing that it can happen is informative. Thanks for blowing the whistle.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum....php?tid=10915

I found this discussion on another forum re this issue.

Here's the word on this issue from 2 dermatologists! I'm sure you'll find this to be good news:

http://www.realself.com/question/tre...s-from-retin-a

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Sometimes it's dehydration you see that is causing the wrinkles. Or sleeping on your side or stomach.

Using a buffer with the RA can make more tolerable until you get used to it. Mixing it with Eucerin cream half and half before applying is what buffering is.

Using vit C serum in the am and RA at night helps also with collagen production.
Vitamin C for wrinkles and skin aging

If you still can't tolerate RA (I gave up on it too, due to irritation in spite of buffering) there is Green Cream, which is retinol (different than RA)
Reducing wrinkles with retinol and retinyl palmitate

Hope this helps a little!

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 40 Posts