Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI everyone!

So ive been using the HQ/RA for about a week now..the RA has made my skin great!! its not oily anymore and has completely cleared up my acne..face looks fresh..cant even believe it! Only thing is im using RA .05% but its caused no peeling or flaky skin at all..which on one hand im happy about but on the other i know i need some peeling to really exfoliate and let the HQ work. Should i keep using the .05 or step it up to the .1%? I should mention that before the ra i was using tazorac .05% which i think is in the same family as RA...ur input would be greatly appreciated..thanks everyone!!! =)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
HI everyone!

So ive been using the HQ/RA for about a week now..the RA has made my skin great!! its not oily anymore and has completely cleared up my acne..face looks fresh..cant even believe it! Only thing is im using RA .05% but its caused no peeling or flaky skin at all..which on one hand im happy about but on the other i know i need some peeling to really exfoliate and let the HQ work. Should i keep using the .05 or step it up to the .1%? I should mention that before the ra i was using tazorac .05% which i think is in the same family as RA...ur input would be greatly appreciated..thanks everyone!!! =)
step up .. i was on the .5 and the same thing.. when i tried the .1% the peeling came.. get your exfoliating cloth ready..

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I was just about to order the 0.1% RA but can't seem to find the cream, only the gel. I thought you weren't supposed to mix the gel and HQ cream together. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
The 0.1% only comes as a gel. I don't mix them together; I apply the HQ then apply the RA. This has worked just fine. If you try to blend the 2 together, the cream & the gel do not blend well.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another question..are u guys using the regular Retin-A .1% or the Micro? Don't know which one would be more beneficial and less irritating..the new ADC site looks great!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
By the time the HQ is all over me, I can begin in the same 'body part' order with the RA.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I was just about to order the 0.1% RA but can't seem to find the cream, only the gel. I thought you weren't supposed to mix the gel and HQ cream together. Am I missing something?
Your not missing anything.
You can mix together if you want it's not that hard.

Me, I put half the tube into my lightening cream jar.
Simple ain't it?

Or you can layer it on, apply Retin A first wait 5 minutes then apply HQ.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
If so I'm sorry* I use that combo and so far so good**

·
Registered
410 Posts
I found a 0.1% RA cream, there are some out there just go look! I mix the HQ and RA together and apply. Brace yourself for a little annoying irritation when you do this though.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Goatlady knows a lot about Tazorac. You may want to talk to her. she's also a TCA peel connaisseur.

·
Registered
485 Posts
What's the difference between the 0.1% gel and the 0.01% cream?

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
the 0.1% gel base is much stronger since it contains alcohol and gels are absorbed faster and instantly deep into the skin. the 0.1% cream version is moisturizing, slowly absorbs on your skin overnight and doesnt have the alcohol base and it is easily spreadable with a pea sized amount unlike the gel that is hard to spread with a pea sized quickly.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts