Skin Care Talk banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
How many shades have you lightened, and how long did it take?
How many shades have you lightened, and how long did it take?
It took me 10 slow months to reach my goal a golden caramel , I was Jayda Cheaves in January.. Lets just say the quarantine helped a whole lot, because of the No sun part , I think 2 whole shades

Reactions: Gummi Bear

·
Registered
215 Posts
@Gummi Bear so I use an Alpha Arbutin gel on my face and I’m also using a glutathione /kojic blend soap and I haven’t had any issues I’ve been doing this for a couple months now. I wonder if I take glutathione internally would change my results?

·
Registered
207 Posts
@Gummi Bear

Hey hun. thanks for your response. Yes, by all means if you wanna be the guinea pig and try it, do it!! Pleaaase do update us and tell us what happens.
The thing Ive read (i cant remember where) is that they say its actually using HQ that can significantly hinder the absorption of gluta and gluta taken orally
is very slow compared to IV so thats why its best to stay away from it. I dont think anyones mentioned anything specifically about AA, but its a derivative so its believed
to have the same effect...

I know what you mean. Ive seen videos of youtubers who take glutathione and some of them claim they've lightened up so much...
Theres a youtuber Stephanie goddess or something ... LOL the comments are about people praising her but she uses these filters when recording herself..
but in reality her skin tone is like 5 shades darker than what you see on her videos.
She praises the supplements more than IV idk but supplements by themselves wont get you 5 shades lighter, well the IV's can do that.. but they too have their risks..
and I believe it takes a while to get to that stage. Id definitely do the IV's but they're too expensive here in Melbourne =(

·
Registered
215 Posts
@Summer123

her skin tone is five shades darker than what we see?!? 😳 I’m shocked. I know she’s peddling her own brand but for her to use filters to appear lighter??? That’s just so dishonest. I do believe that supplements themselves can get you more than 1 to 2 shades. It just takes a really long time. You also have to incorporate topical lightning agents. There are some people who have used IVs and haven’t seen any results.

So I came across this product and I’m going to try it. It’s some Filipino product with Liposomal glutathione and vitamin C. It’s sold in ampules. I’ll name it once I see results 😂

·
Registered
567 Posts
I had 10 IVs . I was doing about 5,000 in glutathione and to be honest I didn’t even see any results . Mind you, I was also taking liposomal glutathione on the days I wasn’t getting the injection. I used absolutely no additional lighteners . I feel like the only time people see results from glutathione is when they use it in combination with topical lightners, but whose to say the little results they see aren’t from the topicals . I have yet to see anyone on YouTube not use topicals with glut. No studies show glutathione alone are effective at lightening the skin tone . Anyone here want to be committed to just glutathione and vitamin c and nothing else ? I’d love to see that outside or myself .

·
Registered
79 Posts
It took me 10 slow months to reach my goal a golden caramel , I was Jayda Cheaves in January.. Lets just say the quarantine helped a whole lot, because of the No sun part , I think 2 whole shades
It's nice to be even toned & have lightened from head to toe for sure, Congrats.

How many shades lighter do you want to reach, or have you reached skin goals now maintaining?

·
Registered
79 Posts
@Gummi Bear so I use an Alpha Arbutin gel on my face and I’m also using a glutathione /kojic blend soap and I haven’t had any issues I’ve been doing this for a couple months now. I wonder if I take glutathione internally would change my results?
Idk, I wish that I knew the answer.. only one way to find out. I haven't been able to find much on the combination. Yet, I think I'm willing to try something similar. Much luck, if you decide to.

What is the name of the alpha arbutin brand you use?

·
Registered
79 Posts
@Gummi Bear

Hey hun. thanks for your response. Yes, by all means if you wanna be the guinea pig and try it, do it!! Pleaaase do update us and tell us what happens.
The thing Ive read (i cant remember where) is that they say its actually using HQ that can significantly hinder the absorption of gluta and gluta taken orally
is very slow compared to IV so thats why its best to stay away from it. I dont think anyones mentioned anything specifically about AA, but its a derivative so its believed
to have the same effect...

I know what you mean. Ive seen videos of youtubers who take glutathione and some of them claim they've lightened up so much...
Theres a youtuber Stephanie goddess or something ... LOL the comments are about people praising her but she uses these filters when recording herself..
but in reality her skin tone is like 5 shades darker than what you see on her videos.
She praises the supplements more than IV idk but supplements by themselves wont get you 5 shades lighter, well the IV's can do that.. but they too have their risks..
and I believe it takes a while to get to that stage. Id definitely do the IV's but they're too expensive here in Melbourne =(
Yes I think I'm going to be the guinea pig 🙃 , & will update if it works out or not. If it doesn't, then I'll eliminate it from the regimen. You're correct.

Some youtubers love their filters & lighting/darkening effects on pics. It's obvious when they do this. I'd think Stephanie has lightened a lot though compared to her old videos, just not to the degree as goth light.
At one time I was interested in their iv powder, but I never received an email reply back when I had asked how many mg of gluta does it contain & how come not use liposomal?.. I never received a response, thus I had cancelled my order.

Tatti's complexion never seems to change (perhaps clearing a very slight tan), I think hindered from lifestyle choices though, if using a progressive consistent lightening regimen at all.

I would've loved to have been able to get iv's, and just add supplements, & natural topicals. The prices though.. but who knows, perhaps in the distant future a couple of iv's a month added to a regimen if funds allow?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Idk, I wish that I knew the answer.. only one way to find out. I haven't been able to find much on the combination. Yet, I think I'm willing to try something similar. Much luck, if you decide to.

What is the name of the alpha arbutin brand you use?
I use the Carotis gel and serum from Mitchell Brands. It’s a staple of mine. I’ve used it for years

I just bought some liposomal glutathione today so I’m hoping this experiment goes well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had 10 IVs . I was doing about 5,000 in glutathione and to be honest I didn’t even see any results . Mind you, I was also taking liposomal glutathione on the days I wasn’t getting the injection. I used absolutely no additional lighteners . I feel like the only time people see results from glutathione is when they use it in combination with topical lightners, but whose to say the little results they see aren’t from the topicals . I have yet to see anyone on YouTube not use topicals with glut. No studies show glutathione alone are effective at lightening the skin tone . Anyone here want to be committed to just glutathione and vitamin c and nothing else ? I’d love to see that outside or myself .
Did you do the 6 week exfoliation prior to the iv's, sun block spf 50+, how much daily sun exposure?

Perhaps can try to find out if you were receiving the full amount you've paid for & from a reputable gluta brand.

Using topical natural lighteners with good percentage in it's actives, exfoliation, adequate sun protection, taking supplements that boosts the glutathione, nutrition, and lifestyle seem to yield the best results & outcome for people from my observation.

There's glutathione test levels that doctors can administer, I wish there was a gluta at home kit though. Unsure if there's certain criteria in order to have this test done or not because they're not inexpensive.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I use the Carotis gel and serum from Mitchell Brands. It’s a staple of mine. I’ve used it for years

I just bought some liposomal glutathione today so I’m hoping this experiment goes well.
I was considering using Carotis again, but when I used to use it it made me look a little orange. Yet, I wasn't using Ra with it during that time.. I read that it could help with clearing the orange stain. Carotis did lighten me some which was nice.

Which brand of liposomal gluta did you decide to get?

·
Registered
215 Posts
@Gummi Bear I bought a brand called Healthy Drops. I need to get vitamin C but I’m excited 😆

·
Registered
79 Posts
@Gummi Bear I bought a brand called Healthy Drops. I need to get vitamin I’m excited 😆

I've seen this brand, let us know how it works out. I'm excited too 😊 , best of luck.

The rest of supplements arrived today, working on writing out a regimen first & may start by this weekend.

·
Registered
207 Posts
@Gummi Bear

Now y'all actually had me thinking and doing research on AA. Im actually going to make a lotion and test it on a body part to see
what will happen, then stop using it and continue with the s-acetyl glut to see if its actually able to maintain my results.

Making it by yourself is much better than purchasing it online ... boy those AA lotions are so expensive.
Does anyone know how to start off by making a 5% lotion ?
Im terrible with DIY's.

@gymrat the master of DIY's.. please help me

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
@Gummi Bear

Now y'all actually had me thinking and doing research on AA. Im actually going to make a lotion and test it on a body part to see
what will happen, then stop using it and continue with the s-acetyl glut to see if its actually able to maintain my results.

Making it by yourself is much better than purchasing it online ... boy those AA lotions are so expensive.
Im terrible with DIY's.

What are you trying to make? @Summer123 5% of what kind of lotion?

·
Registered
79 Posts
@Gummi Bear

Im terrible with DIY's.

Keep us updated. I agree a diy AA lotion, & any natural skin lightening diy is best. The already produced all natural lightening products online, in my opinion, are overpriced lol.

A small area then after it lightens, gradually seize & then see if or how the s acetyl glutathione maintains, is what I was considering.
Since you already have high level amount of glutathione in your system and producing more pheomelanin, perhaps it'll maintain results..?

I'd also like to learn a simple diy 5% AA creme or lotion.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Keep us updated. I agree a diy AA lotion, & any natural skin lightening diy is best. The already produced all natural lightening products online, in my opinion, are overpriced lol.

A small area then after it lightens, gradually seize & then see if or how the s acetyl glutathione maintains, is what I was considering.
Since you already have high level amount of glutathione in your system and producing more pheomelanin, perhaps it'll maintain results..?

I'd also like to learn a simple diy 5% AA creme or lotion.

Have you seen any of the AA soaps around? I was reading reviews and the AA soaps on the market really seem to work very well. The thing is how?
isnt AA supposed to sit on the skin? How does applying it for a minute then washing it off give you those affects? Interesting..

I was thinking of using it as a soap, its just much easier and convenient for me.

There is this AA lotion I found some African women using it, she said it didnt make her skin much lighter (but shes quite dark to begin with, probalby hasnt given it enough time) but
it gave her beautiful even skin tone and made her skin incredibly glowy.
Heres the link: Alpha Arbutin Collagen Whitening Lotion ****500MLS***** | eBay

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Hey gymrat, thanks for responding.
Id like to make a 5% Alpha arbutin lotion to test on a body area.
What lotion is good to use and do you simply mix the alpha arbutin powder in with a type of cream?
Yes. So you would want to use a water base lotion as AA is water soluble. You would then mix the powder in with the cream. A few things to consider........how much are you wanting to make as I would need that in order to give you measurments, and also, do you have a scale to measure your ingredients with?

41 - 60 of 79 Posts